U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times

Advertisements

Chris Paul was out of his mind tonight and helped his team shocked the Lakeshow in Game 1. Nothing but big shot after big shot in the 4th qtr. The pacers should take lessons from the Grizzlies and Hornets on how to close out a game when winning with 3 mins left
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
george karl was the coach of the sonics when they lost in 1994, ok????
and that has exactly what to do with the topic at hand? sonics won 3-2 and won game 1. it has nothing to do with the history the spurs have of losing game 1 at home to teams such as the nuggets under karl.

i mean really you gotta come stronger then that.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
and that has exactly what to do with the topic at hand? sonics won 3-2 and won game 1. it has nothing to do with the history the spurs have of losing game 1 at home to teams such as the nuggets under karl.

i mean really you gotta come stronger then that.
You said do I think George Karl is a comedian since he lost in the playofs and I thought you were referring to the 94 lost to the Nuggets.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Source?

The Magic won't trade him. I guarantee that. As for him leaving, what would he get from moving to either teams; let alone to another team. The Magic organization has created a team that allows him to be the only guy in the middle. Every play of the offense practically runs through him. He is a legend for a big market team (Orlando - city to all that is tourism).

On the Lakers, he takes second fiddle to Kobe i.e. no longer the first option. He loses numbers to Gasol and now loses minutes to Bynum. Though, the Lakers couldn't just offer him as their team salary is too high. As for the Nets, why would they even offer him; Brook Lopez is a very good player. They have huge holes at SG, SF, PF. That would be stupid not fill those first.

Lastly, remember this... most likely a new CBA will occur which will drop the team salary down. When this happens, most teams couldn't offer him unless he takes a huge cut (because of lucrative contracts to Joe Johnson, Amare, etc. ), especially those in larger markets.
Personally, i don't think the Magic would trade him unless he told them about not re-signing an extension this summer. The Nets would be more enticing for him since he could play with Deron Williams, but the Lakers have better trade chips in Bynum and Odom which would fit salary cap wise with Dwight. Anyway, the source was Ric Bucher of ESPN:

Howard Trade Possible This Offseason - RealGM Wiretap

Old 04-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
If the Spurs win 4 straight then that will prove the Grizzlies coach is a comedian not a guy who can coach
hence the "george karl is a comedian?" comment.

Quote:
You proved you nothing about basketball because George Karl's team didn't 4 in a row, they lose 3 in a row in a 5 game series. So there is no connection
see my previous "your an knucklehead if you believe this" post/reply

Quote:
You said do I think George Karl is a comedian since he lost in the playofs and I thought you were referring to the 94 lost to the Nuggets.
really? i call BS on this comment.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:26 PM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
The Pacers showed they are good enough to protect their home court. So like I said the series will be tied at 2-2 and after that Game 5 will be crucial
No they didn't. Seriously, your comments are just bizarre. A team has a hot shooting night AND LOSES and you suddenly think they are going to be competitve in the series? honestly?

Your cred here is plummetting.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:28 PM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Do you know how many times a team that was down 0-2 went home and tied the series 2-2????????????????
Why don't you tell us how teams entering the playoffs with a losing record have done after going down 2-0? LMAO.

How about just 8- seeds after starting down 2-0?

Old 04-17-2011, 04:43 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
If some of the posts don't "flow" I apologize I merged a bunch of threads into this. If you guys would rather have individual series threads, that's fine with me, they just have to be actual threads not gibberish.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
If some of the posts don't "flow" I apologize I merged a bunch of threads into this. If you guys would rather have individual series threads, that's fine with me, they just have to be actual threads not gibberish.

Thanks
no thank you, the 5 threads where kinda dumb.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post

Thanks

I think would be better if all the series had their own thread instead of ne thread for the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or