U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why don't you tell us how teams entering the playoffs with a losing record have done after going down 2-0? LMAO.

How about just 8- seeds after starting down 2-0?

Normally 8th seeds are done after going down 0-2 but from watching game 1 I believe this won't be your typical 1 vs 8 matchup. Game 1 is usualluy a early indicator of how the series will go. And from watching every series, no higher seed looked completely dominant over the lower seed team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think would be better if all the series had their own thread instead of ne thread for the playoffs.
I like the idea of having series threads as well - along with a general NBA playoffs thread. However, the first round there are 8 series, thats a lot of threads. I would be open to it, but think it might work better in the second round and beyond.

Other opinions are welcome.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I like the idea of having series threads as well - along with a general NBA playoffs thread. However, the first round there are 8 series, thats a lot of threads. I would be open to it, but think it might work better in the second round and beyond.

Other opinions are welcome.

I guess you have point since in round 2 it would only be 4 threads followed by 2 threads in round 3.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:45 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
8 threads are a bit too much for each series, my advice wait till we get to the semi-finals/ conference finals/NBA finals. Either that or do a thread for each conference, should keep things a bit tidier.....

Old 04-17-2011, 06:14 PM

3,087 posts, read 5,838,798 times
Jiffy Lube, keep my ride alive!!!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,385,384 times
I'm on board with series threads starting in the 2nd round.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:41 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,362,336 times
Words cannot express how much I hate that offensive foul call because of the Pierce flop with NYK leading and the clock winding down.

Only the Celtics get that call - and only Pierce flops like that.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:51 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,994,282 times
After watching a team blow a double-digit lead to the Celtics at the last second for the 100th time, I'm starting to wonder if they're engineering games to be more dramatic. There's always some point in the game where they stop rotating on defense, start standing around on offense, heave up contested shots from outside, give up a crapload of offensive boards despite the fact that statistically Boston is a mediocre rebounding team, and even though we all know the ball's going to Ray Allen, he always gets a good look.

And I'll just say it: I've never been impressed with Carmelo Anthony. I'm not saying he sucks, but at the end of the day he's always reminded me of a bigger, slower Allen Iverson. 1 for 11 in the second half of a playoff game? Yikes.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
After watching a team blow a double-digit lead to the Celtics at the last second for the 100th time, I'm starting to wonder if they're engineering games to be more dramatic. There's always some point in the game where they stop rotating on defense, start standing around on offense, heave up contested shots from outside, give up a crapload of offensive boards despite the fact that statistically Boston is a mediocre rebounding team, and even though we all know the ball's going to Ray Allen, he always gets a good look.

And I'll just say it: I've never been impressed with Carmelo Anthony. I'm not saying he sucks, but at the end of the day he's always reminded me of a bigger, slower Allen Iverson. 1 for 11 in the second half of a playoff game? Yikes.

Carmelo hates passing the ball and made a dumb decision to shoot a three at the end. Melo=LOSER

Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM

51,901 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Normally 8th seeds are done after going down 0-2 but from watching game 1 I believe this won't be your typical 1 vs 8 matchup. Game 1 is usualluy a early indicator of how the series will go. And from watching every series, no higher seed looked completely dominant over the lower seed team.
Ok, we will just have to agree to disagree.

Bulls are going to roll up the Pacers....keeping in mind that the Bulls biggest negative is their lack of playoff experience so they might have come out a little stiff that first game.

In any event, I'm sure we can ALL agree that it's very very cool that the first round seems to have some fire and interest in it after all and not just with the 4-5 seeds etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or