Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 06:05 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,702,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yes, I like to see lower seed teams compete and not just look happy to be there. That used to make me so mad when I was like 13 and see a 8th seed team not ve looking like they belonged in the same arena as the 1 seed team.
I just realized, that should say AREN'T rolling over, though judging by your response it looks like you understood me anyways lol....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,081,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The Knicks should've won that game. They squandered a 12pt lead. Why did Melo shoot a 28ft 3pter when he had alot of time to drive in for a closer shot? Trying to be a hero?

Thunder barely survive the Nuggets in this 1st game. Yeah, that basket shouldn't have counted. It was still in the cylinder when Perkins tipped it. I wonder why the refs didn't review the play...oh well. These teams are so evenly matched. Kinda sucks that they had to play each other in this 1st round.
i didnt see the game, but goal tending is not a reviewable call. only clock issues, and 2 vs 3 point (foot on the line) calls.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, the Pacers should be just bursting with confidence after raining in 3's like crazy and then getting beat down in the 4th quarter.
The Pacers got beat down in the last 3 minutes of the game, not the entire 4th quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe Indy thinks they can play with these guys, but truthfully, when you look at the box score, your first conclusion HAS to be that the close loss was an aberration.

Indy completely pooched it and I don't think they recover. Maybe they win 1.
The Pacers still believe they can win. Remember, before the series started, message board Einsteins and analysts said the Pacers were among the worst teams to ever make the playoffs and would be swept in 4 non-competitive games. They lead most of the way in Game 1. They believe. No one else does, but they still do and that is all that matters.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:18 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The Pacers got beat down in the last 3 minutes of the game, not the entire 4th quarter.

The Pacers still believe they can win. Remember, before the series started, message board Einsteins and analysts said the Pacers were among the worst teams to ever make the playoffs and would be swept in 4 non-competitive games. They lead most of the way in Game 1. They believe. No one else does, but they still do and that is all that matters.
I figured it would be a 4 game sweep but this is the NBA and a 4-1 or even 4-2 series wouldn't utterly shock me. I think anyone predicting 4 blowouts was just getting caught up in the moment as that is unrealistic. Rain in enough 3's, maybe get a lucky couple bounces and anyone is beatable.

ALL of the top teams in the playoffs have some sort of flaw, all of the contenders are either missing pieces (Miami), aging or in the Bulls case lack playoff experience.....there is no juggernaut team rolling into the playoffs as a prohibitive favorite like some years.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
I'm all for some series upsets if for no other reason than it makes for exciting basketball.

I almost wish they still played 5 games in the first round, it really put the feet to the fire so to speak.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:24 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,081,853 times
you know rewatching a bit of the spurs/griz from yesterday and i came to realize something. the griz are similar to the lakers in so many way, size and all BUT while they dont have a guy like kobe, they also dont have a guy like fishers corpse. the griz might actually be a tougher matchup for the spurs then the lakers. not only are marc and zack at least as good as pau and bynum, but they have better perimeter defenders then do the lakers. you see, the lakers can take away the inside game with their bigs, (or at least negate it) but the griz have wing defenders who can take away the outside shot as well.

now that said, the griz will still lose, heres to 4-1 spurs win, but they will put up a fight, maybe a harder fight then any other team in the west we will see.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:40 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,702,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
the griz might actually be a tougher matchup for the spurs then the lakers. not only are marc and zack at least as good as pau and bynum,
Which is why word's going around that the Griz were tanking games at the end TO GET the Spurs.... they feel they can match the Spurs inside with Randolph and Gasol. Defensively they were pretty solid out on the perimeter as well, of course Manu is out so it's hard to say how everything lines up right now. If Gay is playing, this would have been an intriguing matchup. Worse case for the Spurs, losing the 1st game on your own homecourt gives the Griz alot of confidence going into Game 2.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:50 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i didnt see the game, but goal tending is not a reviewable call. only clock issues, and 2 vs 3 point (foot on the line) calls.
It was interference. Perkins clearly put his hand through the net and then tapped the ball it. Terrible no call.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,302 times
^^^Exactly!

I'm willing to bet anything the Nuggets would have won had that call been made and the ref refused to acknowledge Karl when he complained about the call. This does not help the rumors of the playoff/finals being rigged...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,484,456 times
I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter of the OKC/Denver game, I didn't realize that game too potentially came down to a botched call. A non-call on a goaltend is pretty bad, just like the offensive call on Melo when Pierce did his trademark flop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball