U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rondo is capable of doing some damage too if the Celtics were to win the east.
Clog the lane and force Rondo to shoot jumpers all day.. out of all the elite point guards he has by far the worst jumper. If I recall last year, the Lakers last year essentially sagged off Rondo and dared him to shoot it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
 
51,910 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Reputation: 32379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Clog the lane and force Rondo to shoot jumpers all day.. out of all the elite point guards he has by far the worst jumper. If I recall last year, the Lakers last year essentially sagged off Rondo and dared him to shoot it.
Yeah, this is why I didn't put Rondo in the same group and caveated by saying "some". Rondo had a good series vs. the Lakers in the finals last year, I would expect that another year of age on Fish, Kobe and Rondo would work in his favor.

Clearly he is nowhere near the threat at the position as the other guys I named.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 2,385,755 times
Reputation: 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
...you didn't disagree with me with regards to the Knicks-Celtics.
lol oh ok I misunderstood you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 2,385,755 times
Reputation: 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Ah Rigas, not to get too drawn into this quarrel with you and Shysister, but the following came from you:


"well heres ot a spurs win, a bulls loss, a mavs win, a lakers loss, a griz win and a hornets loss. hornets need to lose to the mavs to drop to the 8 seed but i expect the griz to tank to avoid the lakers in the 1st round only to get decimated by the spurs. "


It does appear recently that you've assigned a greater level of respect to the Grizz with their playoff performance, otherwise I doubt you'd have said the above bolded.
That was exactly my point!

I wasn't indicating Rigas couldn't acknowledge the fact that the Grizz are doing well defensively because that is indeed the truth, however he's a SPURS fan and the Grizz are playing against the Spurs so I wouldn't expect him to be praising the Grizz the way he is when he made the above comment which makes him a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 2,385,755 times
Reputation: 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, hard to predict.

I'm sure Lebron has peaked athletically but hasn't declined if that's what you mean. Barring injury I expect about 3-4 years at his current level.

I'm wondering just how pissed Chris Paul is and if he's making a statement. He has been widely regarded as the best or top few PG's in the league and then this year it's all "Rose Rose Rose". He utterly shredded the Lakers last night and really....they have no one to guard him. Kobe just looked tired last night from what I was able to see. Saw one guy just pop a 17 footer in his face, he didn't even have his hand up...this is uncharacteristic of Kobe defensively.

He is 32-56 from the field with 7RPG and 11+ APG in the series.
only 3 turnovers and 2 steals per game too!
You know I think there is some underlining issue with Paul. I don't know what exactly but it does seem like there is something fueling him. I'm thinking that maybe he has decided to put all the pressure on himself instead of being a "team" guy so he can start getting some respect/acknowledgment because I don't remember him being all about himself in seasons past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
That was exactly my point!

I wasn't indicating Rigas couldn't acknowledge the fact that the Grizz are doing well defensively because that is indeed the truth, however he's a SPURS fan and the Grizz are playing against the Spurs so I wouldn't expect him to be praising the Grizz the way he is when he made the above comment which makes him a hypocrite.
Praising? It's called giving credit where credit is due, nothing less, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
 
207 posts, read 308,378 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, this is why I didn't put Rondo in the same group and caveated by saying "some". Rondo had a good series vs. the Lakers in the finals last year, I would expect that another year of age on Fish, Kobe and Rondo would work in his favor.

Clearly he is nowhere near the threat at the position as the other guys I named.
Rondo has a good overall game, he can score, pass, rebound and make steals and fits very nicely in the Celtics scheme of things with all those weapons around him. At times he is the Celtics best player. And yes he was very effective against the Lakers last year in the finals. Sure Fish has aged another year, but the Celtics have some aging veterans as well. Both these teams will have a tough road getting into the finals based on what has taken place in playoffs so far, both are very capable of making it to the finals, should be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
 
51,910 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Reputation: 32379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
You know I think there is some underlining issue with Paul. I don't know what exactly but it does seem like there is something fueling him. I'm thinking that maybe he has decided to put all the pressure on himself instead of being a "team" guy so he can start getting some respect/acknowledgment because I don't remember him being all about himself in seasons past.
I'm absolutely not saying he isn't playing team ball, he is only averaging 16.5 shots a game.

He is also averaging 11+ assists and making 57% of his shots.

Basically, the guy is kicking butt and taking names and part of me wonders if he feels forgotten and a bit disrepected when he hears how great Rose is etc etc etc. For whatever reason, he has arguably been the best player on the court so far this series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Basically, the guy is kicking butt and taking names and part of me wonders if he feels forgotten and a bit disrepected when he hears how great Rose is etc etc etc. For whatever reason, he has arguably been the best player on the court so far this series.
It's easily a motivating factor( the Rose praise). NBA hype is all about 'what have you done for me lately'; just a few short seasons ago this guy put together a few years that are among the best PG seasons ever. He's only 25, assuming his knee ever returns to full health I still rate him as the best overall point guard. He has the best combination of scoring, passing, and IQ imo....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rondo had a good series vs. the Lakers in the finals last year, I would expect that another year of age on Fish, Kobe and Rondo would work in his favor.
If I recall, his first few games were really good until they made the switch to Kobe guarding him. However it seems Kobe is less able to keep up with quick point guards than ever before.... Paul can run circles around him primarily because he's a threat to pop jumpers in your face all day, so Kobe can ill afford to sag on him, and he's not quick enough to keep him out of the lane when Paul goes into his series of dribble moves..... Rondo's greatest offensive attribute is getting in the lane; limit that and you limit his overall effectiveness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top