U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,307,289 times

Advertisements

CP3 has completely exploited Lakers weakness that we all knew. They suck at the PG spot...smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,879,106 times
Spurs are toast. They will have to completely rebuild next season. The Grizz/Thunder series in the 2nd round is gonna be very close. Most likely go all 7 games. Two young tough teams battling it out.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:20 PM

207 posts, read 308,347 times
Wow. Grizzlies without any high expectations or pressure are playing loose and confident. The Spurs have no answers and appear to be in shock. The question now is whether they will allow the Grizzlies to close them out on their home turf.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:10 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
I have a feeling Spurs will win game 5, having said that the Grizzlies better not get too complacent with a 3-1 lead. If I was them, I'd treat the next game like it's game 7. But watching the Spurs, I don't see a championship team here...sorry Spurs fans. Great regular season, but the Grizz are simply outplaying them.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:22 AM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
I think its a little to premature to be thinking about signing another PG in the midst of the playoffs. Once the post season is over and IF its an issue, then appropriate action can be taken. At 36 he's still a very crafty veteran, who can still get the job done. Further the Lakers are still the defending world champions with other strengths. When they won game 7 last year against the Celtics, it wasnt because how the guards played, Kobe was 6-24 from the field, Fisher only had 10 pts. It was rebounds. Kobe had 15 boards, Gasol had 18. No rebounds No rings. Lakers have nice size at the front line. Thus thats why they are a legitmate threat to 3 peat. Not to take anything from the back court, if healthy its still first rate.
I was working under the assumption that everyone posting here knew about the NBA trade deadline and that my scenario was clearly hypothetical.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:27 AM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I have a feeling Spurs will win game 5, having said that the Grizzlies better not get too complacent with a 3-1 lead. If I was them, I'd treat the next game like it's game 7. But watching the Spurs, I don't see a championship team here...sorry Spurs fans. Great regular season, but the Grizz are simply outplaying them.
Yeah, I was unable to watch the game but looking at the box score the Spurs got beat in every single stat category in a critical playoff game.

I don't see them recovering from this. (and if the NBA still played 5-game first rounds the series would now be over.)

How crazy would it be if both the Spurs and Lakers lost in the first round?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 AM

207 posts, read 308,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was working under the assumption that everyone posting here knew about the NBA trade deadline and that my scenario was clearly hypothetical.
I know what you meant with your hypthetical scenerio, but again until this season becomes fact can teams even begin to be thinking about possible moves. Alot can happen between now and then. The Lakers are focused on game 5 and nothing else, as it should be the case. That said what you have stated is part of the process for every team every year, analyzing what took place the past year and making moves to improve their clubs.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

How crazy would it be if both the Spurs and Lakers lost in the first round?
Completely nuts...throw all bets out the window if that happened. Be that as it may, the Lakers are simply getting exploited at the PG position with Paul. At no other position does N.O. hold any advantage, of course if Kobe's ankle injury is really serious that makes things real interesting. As for the Griz, they've neutralized what you figured would be advantage-Spurs. They've neutralized guard play, especially Conley who has played Parker to a virtual draw. And Duncan, Blair, Mcdyess have been neutralized by Gasol and Randolph. Color me impressed with this team at the moment. And to think, they don't even have Rudy Gay!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:32 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,385,384 times
I'm glad to see my Nuggets get a win at home as those mile high fans certainly deserve to celebrate at least 1 home victory during this playoff series and it def would have been hard to swallow watching OKC sweep the Nuggets on their home floor.

OKC is starting to have some chemistry problems which is why I think they lost that game and they better get that under control or they'll be axed quickly in the 2nd round.

I predict the Magic and Philly season ending tonight.

Hopefully the Bulls can close the series tonight but Rose injury has me concerned.

The Lakers like having their backs against the wall so I'm not concerned about them.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:43 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,879,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I'm glad to see my Nuggets get a win at home as those mile high fans certainly deserve to celebrate at least 1 home victory during this playoff series and it def would have been hard to swallow watching OKC sweep the Nuggets on their home floor.

OKC is starting to have some chemistry problems which is why I think they lost that game and they better get that under control or they'll be axed quickly in the 2nd round.

I predict the Magic and Philly season ending tonight.

Hopefully the Bulls can close the series tonight but Rose injury has me concerned.

The Lakers like having their backs against the wall so I'm not concerned about them.
OKC has an issue with Westbrook's decision making last nite, not chemistry. He can drive to the hoop so easily with no one being able to stop him. However, he has a tendency to shoot alot of jumpers. He made some bad decisions last nite by taking that rushed 3 pt shot at the end and some other shots under 2 minutes left. I think his head has swelled up lately since many analysts were raving about him being an elite guard with Rose and CP3 comparisons. Hopefully, he learned from the game last nite that Durant should be the closer...not him. With that being said, the Nuggets are a tough team. If they were playing another team in the playoffs, it would be a much closer series. I'm really impressed with Gallo. That kid is gonna be an All-Star one day.

As far the as the Grizz, Mike Conley really has been playing well. His jumper has improved quite a bit from last year. He really has been the difference. Other guys coming off the bench have been playing well also. My man Battier is doing well too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or