U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 PM

207 posts, read 308,537 times

Advertisements

Tonight shouldve been the game the Lakers close out this series, but they let game 4 slip away. The Lakers utilized their size nicely getting a 15-3 edge in offensive rebounds, 42-25 overall. Now its on to New Orleans for game 6. If the Lakers come out aggressive, physical and exploit the hornets with their size, there is no reason why they shouldnt be able to close it out. Also all concerns about Kobe's health quickly vanished with that monster dunk. AWESOME! Amazing what a little treatment can do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,387,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I watched it online and they looked fine to me. Just some bad decisions by Westbrook and some help by the Nuggets missing all those FTs. Hopefully, Scott Brooks can straighten him out to give the ball up to Durant in a close game. I think they will close out the Nuggets tomorrow nite.
No its a lot going on behind the scenes with OKC, not sure if its something that can be noticed on t.v./on-line however Scott did his best to try to keep the situation under control during the game and I'm sure he has put some things in place for them to adhere too from now on. I'll be at the game tomorrow so I'll see if OKC has got it together. Like I stated they're not going to be able to compete successfully with the division that is going on among them.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:24 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,106,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Pacers had already started their vacation so the result was not surprising
The Pacers fought in this game, and narrowed the gap to 4 in the 3rd quarter. Sometimes, the superior team wins; and last night that superior team finally showed up.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:07 AM

51,974 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Pacers had already started their vacation so the result was not surprising
Oh please.

The Bulls brought their A game and the Pacers brought their B/C game. When the Pacers brought their A games (like in game 1) we gave them credit for coming to play...and when the Bulls played well all we are hearing is excuses.

Bulls had 19 steals and blocks.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times
Who's everyone's pick for most impressing looking team 'so far' in this playoffs? I got Grizz, very impressed with their play over the highly favored Spurs....

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Who's everyone's pick for most impressing looking team 'so far' in this playoffs? I got Grizz, very impressed with their play over the highly favored Spurs....
^^Gotta go with that.

I will say this much, even with the Spurs and Lakers losing some games....they are both tough veteran squads. Until someone actually eliminates them from the playoffs I'm not counting them out.

I love love love all the tough young squads playing thier hearts out in the playoffs. Best 1st round of the playoffs I've ever seen.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls finally played like a #1 tonight getting contributions from everyone except boozer. Pacers came back down to earth a little too all that adds up to a 25 point W

It's very upsetting that the bulls look so much better without Boozer on the floor
Boozer had foul trouble and only played 16minutes.

He had very strong games in #2 and #4....certainly with all the battling in the paint he had some foul trouble.

Carlos Boozer 2010-11 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

Noah had foul trouble too.
Joakim Noah 2010-11 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

Let's face it, the pacers team strength is size and athleticism in the 3-5 positions and both Hansborogh and Hibbert are young and much tougher by year end than early on in the year. With that said, I'm not sure I'd be so rough on Boozer...just like when they play the Celtics and Garnett is on the floor. Garnett is still one of the better defensive PF's in the league.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:44 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^Gotta go with that.

I will say this much, even with the Spurs and Lakers losing some games....they are both tough veteran squads. Until someone actually eliminates them from the playoffs I'm not counting them out.
I expect the Spurs to win game 5, though I wouldn't be shocked if the Grizz won.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I expect the Spurs to win game 5, though I wouldn't be shocked if the Grizz won.
At this point, I honestly don't care whom wins...I like the Spurs better but I love the underdog and the Grizz have my admiration.

With that said, the Spurs are like the villian in a horror movie that keeps springing back to life. The Grizz better administer the double tap to that veteran squad while they can.

Nothing in this series would shock me at this point...I'm not ruling out a Spurs rally either. I'd put odds at about 4-1 right now.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh please.

The Bulls brought their A game and the Pacers brought their B/C game. When the Pacers brought their A games (like in game 1) we gave them credit for coming to play...and when the Bulls played well all we are hearing is excuses.

Bulls had 19 steals and blocks.

The Pacers were content with winning their last home game of the season for their fans. It showed by how they started the game.

I expect the same thing when the Heat start the game tonight. I will be stunned if the Heat were off to another slow start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or