U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 11:31 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,369,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Pacers were content with winning their last home game of the season for their fans. It showed by how they started the game.
False, the days leading up to the game the Pacers players were very vocal about their belief they could go into Chicago and win. Not to mention the game was chippy, another indication that they cared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Boozer had foul trouble and only played 16minutes.

He had very strong games in #2 and #4....certainly with all the battling in the paint he had some foul trouble.

Carlos Boozer 2010-11 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

Noah had foul trouble too.
Joakim Noah 2010-11 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com

Let's face it, the pacers team strength is size and athleticism in the 3-5 positions and both Hansborogh and Hibbert are young and much tougher by year end than early on in the year. With that said, I'm not sure I'd be so rough on Boozer...just like when they play the Celtics and Garnett is on the floor. Garnett is still one of the better defensive PF's in the league.
I would not say "very strong" rather, what is expected of him. He had two games where he had under 5 points, in a 5 game playoff series. I'm not sure how you can't be hard on him. As far as his fouls, they seem to me to be dumb fouls that are a direct result of him being a step behind on his defensive assignments. They hit him with a few bogus offensive foul calls in this series, but overall, I thought he played bad.

Not only that but he is taking away minutes from Taj who has a very high ceiling.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,369,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
False, the days leading up to the game the Pacers players were very vocal about their belief they could go into Chicago and win. Not to mention the game was chippy, another indication that they cared.
They had that feeling in Game 1 and 2 and it showed. In Game 5, which I watched every second of, it did not show they wanted to win. Last night the pacers were just doing what they were paid to do.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
They had that feeling in Game 1 and 2 and it showed. In Game 5, which I watched every second of, it did not show they wanted to win. Last night the pacers were just doing what they were paid to do.
Ok dude, you're right, they didn't care and they weren't trying.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Ok dude, you're right, they didn't care and they weren't trying.

So you are going to tell me the Pacers showed the same agressiveness in Game 1 during the first qtr that they showed in the first qtr of Game 5???

Old 04-27-2011, 01:08 PM

52,058 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Quote:
So you are going to tell me the Pacers showed the same agressiveness in Game 1 during the first qtr that they showed in the first qtr of Game 5???
Actually yeah, they did....then the Bulls put on a flurry of points and buried them. The 5 3-pointers in the 3rd quarter broke the back of Indy. But hey, they still sent in an enforcer to try to cause trouble.

Really, the Bulls won 3 of 4 games with mediocre offense, they finally got a hot shooting streak and not shockingly buried the Pacers like a turd in a sandbox.

The difference is that when the Pacers had hot shooting nights they still lost in close games.

However, if you want to label the Pacers a bunch of quitters then that is your perogative....I'm not going to praise a team for being scrappy for 4 games and then insult their commitment because the Bulls brought their A game. You just jumped off the bandwagon but got your leg caught in the spokes.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM

52,058 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Quote:
I would not say "very strong" rather, what is expected of him. He had two games where he had under 5 points, in a 5 game playoff series. I'm not sure how you can't be hard on him. As far as his fouls, they seem to me to be dumb fouls that are a direct result of him being a step behind on his defensive assignments. They hit him with a few bogus offensive foul calls in this series, but overall, I thought he played bad.

Not only that but he is taking away minutes from Taj who has a very high ceiling.
I hear what you are saying. Part of it might just be that we have different expecations from Boozer. I do think a 17-16 game is pretty beastly given that he might get 12 shots a night and have to fight for boards not only against some big athletic Pacers but Noah, Deng and some strong rebounding guards too.

Keep in mind his minutes played too because the bulls have the luxury of some big men off the bench so they keep throwing rested guys in there to wear people down.

Again, I'm not disagreeing....I just am not looking for him to be dropping 22-12 night in and night out on people with how the Bulls team is structured. On a garbage team yes....not on this squad.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,898,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
No its a lot going on behind the scenes with OKC, not sure if its something that can be noticed on t.v./on-line however Scott did his best to try to keep the situation under control during the game and I'm sure he has put some things in place for them to adhere too from now on. I'll be at the game tomorrow so I'll see if OKC has got it together. Like I stated they're not going to be able to compete successfully with the division that is going on among them.
If you were sitting nearby the OKC bench, you probably heard this right(article below)? It really isn't anything different than any player yelling at his teammate for not doing what they're suppose to do like being at the right place at the right time, missing defensive assignments, shot selection,etc. All they wanted was for him to take good shots. He took 30 shots which was a bit too much with most of them jumpers. If he would drive to the basket more, there is no one who can stop him.

Durant Brushes Off Verbal Exchange With Westbrook - RealGM Wiretap

http://newsok.com/thunders-kevin-dur...ad_story_title

Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM
FBJ

Miami off to another slow start. Sixers up 16-8

Old 04-27-2011, 10:33 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,898,256 times
Wow! What a game by the Thunder to comeback. The Nuggets were a tough tough team. Serge Ibaka is starting to become a lite 'Hakeemesque' on the defensive side if he keeps this up for a couple more years. He had 9 blocks in the game. About 4-5 of them were layup blocks too. Durant came through in crunch time with huge baskets. He disappeared most of the game and ended up with 41 pts. Amazing. I think Westbrook finally realized that he isn't a closer yet.

Grizz should've won that game. A miracle shot by Gary Neal sent it into overtime. Grizz ended up losing. Oh well.

Celtics/Heat will play on Sunday now. Heat finished off the 76ers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or