U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times

Advertisements

Chicago looked flat...maybe a bit rusty( doesn't seem like they've played in a while for some reason). Tough break for Rose at the end, hopefully it's nothing serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,399 times
The Hawks were never a bad team this year. People just underestimated them all season. Based on how Chicago played against the Pacers, I felt they didn't have a chance.

I love Joe Johnson post interview talking about "this isn't the regular season"...

Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
The Bulls have to be concerned about Rose's ankle. A freak sprain when he stepped on Crawford's foot right at the end of the game...not good.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,029,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Everyone going to base off who wins this series because of one loss.
Lol
I didn't say anything about the Bulls not winning the series..I actually predicted them to win in 5 games due to what I saw out of Atlanta this year...Atlanta is not elite and Chicago proved that they have that many wins this year because most of the season they flew under the radar and weren't expected to be one of the top 2 or 3 teams before the season began....on the other hand Miami had to play each and every game with a target on their back this year with playoff intensity each night out so Miami is more prepared for the pressure even though our team hasn't been together but for a year....

Old 05-03-2011, 12:56 AM

8,548 posts, read 8,881,299 times
Top Playoff performers so far - bold still in playoffs

1. Kevin Durant 32.5
2. Dirk Nowitzki 27.4

3. Dwight Howard 27.0
4. Derrick Rose 27.0
5. Carmello Anthony 26.0
6. Dwayne Wade 24.8
7. Russell Westbrook 24.7
8. Kobe Bryant 24.4
9. Lebron James 23.8
10. Zach Randolph 23.3

Old 05-03-2011, 05:13 AM

3,569 posts, read 6,021,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The Bulls have to be concerned about Rose's ankle. A freak sprain when he stepped on Crawford's foot right at the end of the game...not good.
Nah. It was said it wasn't. A sprain. Just in the moment pain

Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Like I said, Chicago flew under the radar all season...this loss tonight shows that...Miami Heat will represent the East sorry to tell all the haters here
I have a feeling this post is going to get bumped a lot. Heck, if Atlanta can shoot like that every night it will be Atlanta representing the east.

Gratz to the mavs and atlanta last night, it makes for exciting basketball.

Great playoffs so far.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
So Miami was the only home team able to win the first game in the second round. VERY surprising.

As far as D Rose goes, I hope he isn't too hurt, I know he said he was fine, but he hasn't been shooting the ball well, really in any game this post season. Last night felt like it could have been even worse, Im not sure how the Bulls only lost by 7. Still if Joe Johnson cools off, Derrick can get to the line and a few more shots fall for the Bulls they should be fine.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
So Miami was the only home team able to win the first game in the second round. VERY surprising.

As far as D Rose goes, I hope he isn't too hurt, I know he said he was fine, but he hasn't been shooting the ball well, really in any game this post season. Last night felt like it could have been even worse, Im not sure how the Bulls only lost by 7. Still if Joe Johnson cools off, Derrick can get to the line and a few more shots fall for the Bulls they should be fine.
Heh, Jamal Crawford is notoriously streaky and was also jacking up shots with a hand in his face and was 8-16. I remember him well from his years with the Bulls and his career shooting percentage of 41% is because.....he jacks up shots with a hand in his face. Keep shooting 16 times a night like that and the Bulls will send him a thankyou card when they advance.

I'm still not doubting the Bulls will win this series, they clearly need playoff experience so frankly a 7-game series might be the best thing that can happen.

P.S. Boozer looked good when he got more aggressive in the 2nd half, I'm hoping that helps get him started in the playoffs.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:13 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Yeah, Booze looked ok in the 2nd half and he actually took it to the lane and DUNKED THE BALL in a defenders face. I am guessing I watched 65+ bulls games this year and that may very well be the first time I have seen him do that. It is a welcome sign and hopefully he will keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or