U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2011, 07:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Oh and the Championship this year is now completely up for grabs, will likely be a poorly watched series since most won't care.
I disagee, the fact it isn't going to be the lakers and highly unlikely not the celtics then it is going to attract more/new viewers. At this point the best thing for the NBA would be a thunder vs heat/bulls finals but the griz are attracting new viewers every win.

The lakers are not the end all be all of NBA viewer/ratings, only those yellow colored glasses make laker fans think that. If anything the ultimate arrogance of the lakers and their fans IMO turn viewers away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I disagee, the fact it isn't going to be the lakers and highly unlikely not the celtics then it is going to attract more/new viewers. At this point the best thing for the NBA would be a thunder vs heat/bulls finals but the griz are attracting new viewers every win.

The lakers are not the end all be all of NBA viewer/ratings, only those yellow colored glasses make laker fans think that. If anything the ultimate arrogance of the lakers and their fans IMO turn viewers away.

No one wants to see no damm grizzlies in no NBA Finals. Dallas vs Boston or Dallas vs Miami or Dallas vs Chicago.

Heat vs Mavs will probably get the highest ratings

Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM

434 posts, read 779,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No one wants to see no damm grizzlies in no NBA Finals. Dallas vs Boston or Dallas vs Miami or Dallas vs Chicago.

Heat vs Mavs will probably get the highest ratings
I want to see play who ever earns the right to play for the championship... Screw ratings... "You play to win the game"

Old 05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post
I want to see play who ever earns the right to play for the championship... Screw ratings... "You play to win the game"
So you are telling me if Atlanta and Memphis make it to the NBA Finals you won't join me at the Plus Size Nudie Bar for drinks?-lol

Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 PM

434 posts, read 779,316 times
If I had a choice I would want to see OKC and the Heat just because it would make for an mini all star feel to the game... On the other hand you have to respect the team that earns the right...In addition, you don't have to watch... I'm going to watch no matter who is in the finals

Old 05-08-2011, 07:59 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Quote:
Kobe isn't old b/c of age, its b/c of miles. He's played 15 STRAIGHT seasons at the 2 guard including playing though tons of injuries and Olympics.....
That's what i meant actually...bad choice of words.

Quote:
Oh and the Championship this year is now completely up for grabs, will likely be a poorly watched series since most won't care.
Speak for yourself. There will be alot of people watching to see who the new champion will be.

Last edited by JL; 05-08-2011 at 08:20 PM..

Old 05-08-2011, 08:17 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Quote:
Kobe isn't old b/c of age, its b/c of miles. He's played 15 STRAIGHT seasons at the 2 guard including playing though tons of injuries and Olympics.....
I think most of us know that it's the mileage, not his actual age.

Quote:
I imagine as a Lakers fan you won't care, since it's all or nothing for you, yeah? There will be a great deal of interest in who the new champion will be. Memphis-Hawks won't draw, but Bulls-Thunder? Mavs-Heat II? Celtics-Mavs? Plenty of interest OUTSIDE LA....

Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 AM

469 posts, read 826,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I think most of us know that it's the mileage, not his actual age.

I imagine as a Lakers fan you won't care, since it's all or nothing for you, yeah? There will be a great deal of interest in who the new champion will be. Memphis-Hawks won't draw, but Bulls-Thunder? Mavs-Heat II? Celtics-Mavs? Plenty of interest OUTSIDE LA....
Frankly, I've had a great deal of trouble getting interested in the NBA most of my life due to some of the self absorbed, irreponsible and seemingly semi literate atheletes involved. I could only look at Kobe for so long, so following the Lakers was difficult for me. From a selfish perspective it seems to me new talent who have earned the right to be vying for the Championship will bring a lot of fresh interest in to the NBA fan base.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,995,721 times
Miami takes one on the road, no way Boston comes back from this.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Miami takes one on the road, no way Boston comes back from this.
Not impossible it has been done plenty of times. Last time was 2003
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or