U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 06:09 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Eh. I'll wait for the heat defenders to come and see what they say.

All they will say is "waah waah losers" and not acknowledge any foul play.
I actually fell asleep during the second half, only caught the very end of the game during the TNT rebroadcast this morning. What foul play are you referring to? The play where Wade drove the right side on the break and got the and-1, I thought that was a poor call. But the play where Rose fouled him on the 3, Rose clearly hit his elbow, which if noticed by the ref is going to be called everytime. What else are you referring to? I only saw the last 3:53 when the Heat were down 11 or so and made the comeback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 AM

3,569 posts, read 6,016,359 times
Right after boozer got called with a flagarant all hell broke loose with foul calls on the bulls.
Bulls could have kept the lead much longer.
And then calling that tech on gibson for no reason?

Yeah... even with the choke job at the end.. if it was called better during that time period above... bulls could of won.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 AM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,876,045 times
One thing i think the league needs to change with the new CBA are flops. There needs to be a change in the rule or something that JVG proposed about penalizing players who do it. I just know that it needs to be addressed this summer. There are just too many flops and it gets even more magnified in the playoffs. LBJ and James Harden pulled off two of the biggest ones i've seen in the playoffs.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 AM

51,862 posts, read 41,758,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
One thing i think the league needs to change with the new CBA are flops. There needs to be a change in the rule or something that JVG proposed about penalizing players who do it. I just know that it needs to be addressed this summer. There are just too many flops and it gets even more magnified in the playoffs. LBJ and James Harden pulled off two of the biggest ones i've seen in the playoffs.
Love or Hate Stern the one thing you have to note is that the guy finds the things that irritate the fans and addresses them, sometimes aggressively.

Thug behavior and constantly be-rating the refs and whining are the two that spring immediately to mind and I'm forgetting others no doubt.

So, with that said I kinda expect to see the NBA doing something about flopping but it might just be low-key in that the refs may be instructed to swallow thier whistles a bit around the floppers....but that is tricky.

You can't slow the game down...they might be able to fine people after games.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,876,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Love or Hate Stern the one thing you have to note is that the guy finds the things that irritate the fans and addresses them, sometimes aggressively.

Thug behavior and constantly be-rating the refs and whining are the two that spring immediately to mind and I'm forgetting others no doubt.

So, with that said I kinda expect to see the NBA doing something about flopping but it might just be low-key in that the refs may be instructed to swallow thier whistles a bit around the floppers....but that is tricky.

You can't slow the game down...they might be able to fine people after games.
You're right, Stern gets under my skin...he does a darn good job of that. The other thing is that the refs should be allowed to replay any type of play if all 3 have no consensus on a call. If they consult with each other and can't come to a conclusion, they need to pull that TV out and watch the play. Right now, that is only allowed for 3pt line verification and under 2 minutes left in game for certain calls only. Also, i believe the lead official can overrule the other two officials on a call as of now. I say change it where if the other 2 officials see a call the same way than the 3rd official is overruled. No need for lead official overruling...majority wins!! I also feel that a 4th official might should be added to the game. Basically, 'four corner' officials. It is amazing at times when an official is right there where the play occurred, but either, he is not paying attention or not able to see something where the official on the other side makes the call.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:51 PM

10,422 posts, read 12,406,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Chicago
Indiana
------------------Chicago
------------------Orlando
Orlando
Atlanta
----------------------------------Miami
----------------------------------Orlando
Boston
New York
------------------Miami
------------------Boston
Miami
Philadelphia
-------------------------------------------------Miami
-------------------------------------------------Dallas
San Antonio
Memphis
------------------San Antonio
------------------Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City
Denver
----------------------------------Dallas
----------------------------------Oklahoma City
Dallas
Portland
------------------Los Angeles
------------------Dallas
Los Angeles
New Orleans
Not bad right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or