U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Btw, there have been reports that the Magic would probably trade Howard this summer assuming he wants to bolt out of Orlando which is very likely. Reports have him going to either Lakers or Nets.
Source?

The Magic won't trade him. I guarantee that. As for him leaving, what would he get from moving to either teams; let alone to another team. The Magic organization has created a team that allows him to be the only guy in the middle. Every play of the offense practically runs through him. He is a legend for a big market team (Orlando - city to all that is tourism).

On the Lakers, he takes second fiddle to Kobe i.e. no longer the first option. He loses numbers to Gasol and now loses minutes to Bynum. Though, the Lakers couldn't just offer him as their team salary is too high. As for the Nets, why would they even offer him; Brook Lopez is a very good player. They have huge holes at SG, SF, PF. That would be stupid not fill those first.

Lastly, remember this... most likely a new CBA will occur which will drop the team salary down. When this happens, most teams couldn't offer him unless he takes a huge cut (because of lucrative contracts to Joe Johnson, Amare, etc. ), especially those in larger markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Source?

The Magic won't trade him. I guarantee that. As for him leaving, what would he get from moving to either teams; let alone to another team. The Magic organization has created a team that allows him to be the only guy in the middle. Every play of the offense practically runs through him. He is a legend for a big market team (Orlando - city to all that is tourism).

On the Lakers, he takes second fiddle to Kobe i.e. no longer the first option. He loses numbers to Gasol and now loses minutes to Bynum. Though, the Lakers couldn't just offer him as their team salary is too high. As for the Nets, why would they even offer him; Brook Lopez is a very good player. They have huge holes at SG, SF, PF. That would be stupid not fill those first.

Lastly, remember this... most likely a new CBA will occur which will drop the team salary down. When this happens, most teams couldn't offer him unless he takes a huge cut (because of lucrative contracts to Joe Johnson, Amare, etc. ), especially those in larger markets.

If he went to the Lakers Gasol would no longer be there

Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
It would be more Howard for Bynum. Why would pau be gone? That makes no sense.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,050 times
It would have to be more than Bynum, one to one he isn't worth D-12. Problem is the Lakers have no other tradeable assets other than Odom, who personally I wouldn't give up. He's far too versatile and nuanced in the triangle offense. If I was LA, I would take a bet on him signing as a free agent, and trade off Bynum for a decent PG. A lineup of Howard, Gasol, Odom, Kobe, and a good PG would be contenders until Kobe retires...

Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
It would be more Howard for Bynum. Why would pau be gone? That makes no sense.
They both would be gone if howard was coming there

Old 04-17-2011, 02:04 PM
FBJ

Second Upset of the weekend as the Grizzlies beat the Spurs in game 1 at San Antonio.

Ginobli came on the Floor too soon-lol

Old 04-17-2011, 02:20 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Spurs gave a history of losing game 1, ask the nuggets who the spurs have lost game 1 to at least twice in the last 5-8 yrs and vame back to win in 5.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:25 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,001,354 times
The Pacers lost because they were not only playing against the Bulls in the 4th quarter but also against the REFS.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
I'm not a fan of the Bulls or the Pacers, so here's the opinion of someone who has no connection to either:

I, too, am a little confused by people saying the Pacers will take them to 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get swept after this loss. Indy played the best game they could EVER hope to play, and the Bulls played a very disappointing game, and the Bulls still won. Not to mention, that loss is deflating. How pumped will Indy be at home when they're down 0-2 knowing they pooched one? A young, inexperienced team probably doesn't recover.

I could be wrong, of course. Maybe Indy thinks they can play with these guys, but truthfully, when you look at the box score, your first conclusion HAS to be that the close loss was an aberration.

Indy completely pooched it and I don't think they recover. Maybe they win 1.
Do you know how many times a team that was down 0-2 went home and tied the series 2-2????????????????

Old 04-17-2011, 02:35 PM
FBJ

Default The Grizzlies didn't blow a golden opportunity to take a 1-0 lead over Spurs

It looked like a repeat of yesterday for a minute when the Grizzlies blew a 7 point lead late in the 4th qtr but they rebounded with a three pointer and good defense and now have a chance to make this a long series.

Defintely going 6 or 7 games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or