U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
My prediction has always been for the Grizz to ax the Spurs in the first round but most people thought I was talking crazy...
No your prediction has always been the spurs would lose in the 1st round regardless of who they played. Don't bandwagon jump. You were talking about it back in march when the hornets where the most likely opponent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2011, 02:38 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 2,388,601 times
Reputation: 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
No your prediction has always been the spurs would lose in the 1st round regardless of who they played. Don't bandwagon jump. You were talking about it back in march when the hornets where the most likely opponent.
NO don't try to tell me what my predictions were/are when you don't know what you're talking about! Just because YOU thought N.O. was going to be the 8th seed, did not mean I felt the same way as I KNEW the Grizz would be the 8th seed however I didn't disclose that info on this board nor did I have too. I never specified who I thought would be the 8th seed however I ALWAYS knew it would be the Grizz if the Spurs locked in #1.

So again don't try to tell me what my predictions are or have been when you don't know what you're talking about. I ALWAYS stick by what I say at all times which is the Spurs more than likely getting axed in the first round and once it was set in stone that the Spurs were indeed the 1st seed, there was no bandwagon to jump on cuz the Grizz getting the 8th seed and playing the Spurs was always my INSIDE knowledge as that match up favors the Grizz and gives them the best chance to get out the 1st round...

Not everyone on this board is a spectator

Not to mention it is YOU who has jumped on the Grizz bandwagon, ummm aren't you a Spurs fan? All of a sudden you think the Grizz is one of the best defensive teams in the West? lol! IF the Spurs get lucky and win this series, I wonder what your comments will change to then? If I remember correctly, the Grizz had no chance against the Spurs so YOU'RE the one who's jumped on the Grizz bandwagon so don't push your failed predictions off on me.

Last edited by Shysister; 04-25-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Reputation: 1982
i jumped on the griz bandwagon? WTF are you talking about? i am 100% pure spurs fan (with some rockets because i live in houston and some portland thrown in).

dont mistake respecting a teams abilities for jumping on their wagon. besides im not the one who changed from the nuggets to the lakers to the nuggets now talking about how your a fan of the thunder as well? i mean damn man are you just going to team hop until you get it right? i mean in the end your gonna run out of choices so you will HAVE to be right at some point.

what a damn shame and a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 2,388,601 times
Reputation: 1538
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i jumped on the griz bandwagon? WTF are you talking about? i am 100% pure spurs fan (with some rockets because i live in houston and some portland thrown in).

dont mistake respecting a teams abilities for jumping on their wagon. besides im not the one who changed from the nuggets to the lakers to the nuggets now talking about how your a fan of the thunder as well? i mean damn man are you just going to team hop until you get it right? i mean in the end your gonna run out of choices so you will HAVE to be right at some point.

what a damn shame and a waste of time.
Yeah ok if you say so....

And WTF are YOU talking about me changing teams? I've always been down with the same teams out the WEST which are the Lakers, Nuggets, and OKC. Go back and read my posts as I've said it NUMEROUS of times so again WTF are YOU talking about? Not to mention its very hypocritical of you to say you are a Rockets and Blazers fan also yet I have to choose 1 team to support? GTFOH!

The only bandwagon I have jumped on and I admitted to jumping on was the BULLS. Boston has always been my team in the East however I am routing for the Bulls to win and D. Rose to get the MVP which I've stated NUMEROUS times as well.

So again I stand by what I say as I have nothing to loose on a freaking message board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Reputation: 1982
lmao what ever you say bud, what ever makes you sleep at night.

you started started as a nuggets fan repeatedly over the course of the season, then all of a sudden "my lakers this or that" then "my nuggets" then it changed to "my lakers and nuggets" and thats all good, no problem there, then it became "im becoming a fan of the thunder" right about the time they started killing "my nuggets". now its "i have always been an OKC fan. what ever you say bud, no problem.

i have always been a spurs fan 1st and foremost, no team is equal i put none above them. i dont go full blown sean elliott like some of the fans, because i am a realistic fan, but i dont go back and forth from team to team like some of you do either.

i have never been sold by OKC, and not really sold on the nuggets either. i like what the blazers have done over the last 5-6 years, and i live im houston so i am a rockets fan by default. i will never root for the mavs, or the lakers, and definitely never root for the suns unless they are playing the mavs or lakers. i dont root for any individual players as this is a team game, i dont like guys like kobe, or garnett, lebron either. i have always liked d howard but his act is starting to wear thin. i think melo is a crybaby, and i think wade is better then all of them when he isnt "injured". i think matt boonner gets the short end of the stick every year fro the 3 point shootout, and i think every player should be as loyal as tim duncan and manu ginobili.

those are my views, take it or leave it doesnt mean a damn thing to me either way.

i will continue to contend the spurs will beat the griz, even though the griz ARE the best defensive TEAM in the west if not all of the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 2,388,601 times
Reputation: 1538
What I am saying is you are doing the same things you are accusing me of. You are a Spurs fan yet you pick and choose when you want to "shout them out" how is that any different from when I choose to talk about the Lakers, Nuggets, or OKC. I admitted in a post that I became a OKC fan LAST season and I spoke about OKC this season in the earlier parts of the discussions however my primary focus has always been the Lakers and Nuggets first then OKC. I never doubted OKC would be better than they were last year like most of you and I preferred to let their actions speak for themselves which they are doing. Most people hate the Lakers which is why I talked about them the most and the Nuggets were a media storm because of the Melo drama. I don't care how you choose to support who you support but don't be a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 PM
 
3,129 posts, read 5,311,974 times
Reputation: 1588
Go Grizz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 PM
JL
 
7,355 posts, read 11,892,592 times
Reputation: 7198
I can assure you that the Rockets are going after Marc Gasol this summer when he becomes a free agent. Grizz better hope they can hang on to him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
 
909 posts, read 879,980 times
Reputation: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I can assure you that the Rockets are going after Marc Gasol this summer when he becomes a free agent. Grizz better hope they can hang on to him...
Part of the deal to sign Zach Randolph to a 4 year extension was with the assurance they would make ever effort to keep Gasol. Add in a healthy Rudy Gay and Xavier Henry next year and a much improved Conley Jr. and D.Arthur ...a powerhouse in the making. Could maybe win it all next year even.


Final score last night? Grizz 104 - Spurs 86
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2011, 12:31 PM
 
52,015 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Reputation: 32454
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I can assure you that the Rockets are going after Marc Gasol this summer when he becomes a free agent. Grizz better hope they can hang on to him...
The Heat and Knicks need some size in the paint too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top