U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:43 PM

8,558 posts, read 8,897,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
What makes me laugh the most about this Laker debacle is how almost all of the so-called NBA experts picked them to take the West. Easily even. All of the pundits on ESPN, SI.com, NBATV etc. all look like complete idiots now. The Lakers will now almost certainly go out in the second round having been swept. What a joke. It shows you just how much the media can bandwagon and just how little they know about picking winners.
I cant blame anyone for picking the Lakers.....most people would have.
Charles Barkley was the only major tv guy that I heard pick the Mavs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 10:56 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,564,526 times
I suspect that Kobe and Gasol are playing hurt. Bynum has tender knees. The other Lakers can't pick up the slack and Dallas is too deep. Damn shame, but such is life. I never cared for the Mavs, Cuban, that weasel Jason Terry.

Great playoff basketball though. Lakers are done. Mavs will move on and have an excellent chance against Oklahoma or Memphis.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:59 PM

14,600 posts, read 22,455,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
What makes me laugh the most about this Laker debacle is how almost all of the so-called NBA experts picked them to take the West...
... and how 9 of 15 of us picked them in this here poll.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:08 PM

8,558 posts, read 8,897,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I suspect that Kobe and Gasol are playing hurt. Bynum has tender knees. The other Lakers can't pick up the slack and Dallas is too deep. Damn shame, but such is life. I never cared for the Mavs, Cuban, that weasel Jason Terry.

Great playoff basketball though. Lakers are done. Mavs will move on and have an excellent chance against Oklahoma or Memphis.

I think Kobe may be, he cant slash or get in the lane at all, he's been about as effective as Jason Terry, basically a jump shooter. Gasol, I dont know, I think he's just out of it mentally. Bynum is a tender little guy, but without him they get blown out tonight. The games have been good though, and its just great to see a good dude like Dirk play great against the mighty Lakers. Theyve got a good shot to make it back to the finals...

Old 05-06-2011, 11:17 PM

52,088 posts, read 41,892,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
well they had to show they could win and they did a good job of rallying at the end
The lakers choked. Bad, bad plays down the stretch. Throwing the ball away on an inbounds? Really, you can't call the Mavs and other teams out and then give pass to the Lakers that blew a clear lead.....and avoided Kobe on the offensive end.

Choke City by the Lakers.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:19 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,371,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
... and how 9 of 15 of us picked them in this here poll.
Including the guy you quoted lol

Old 05-06-2011, 11:29 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,447,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Including the guy you quoted lol
I guess someone else jumped on the bandwagen as well

Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 PM

927 posts, read 1,210,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
I guess someone else jumped on the bandwagen as well
I'm a Spur fan through and through and could never, ever be apart of any Laker bandwagon. I totally despise that evil, smug, colluding organization with all of my heart just to clarify where I'm coming from. My comment, at any rate, was about media pundits that spouted forth all season about how invincible the Lakers were. Now Los Angeles is on its deathbed and nothing pleases me more these playoffs.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:53 AM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,901,855 times
Something that has kinda been lost in this series is Dirk's defense on Gasol. I hear complaints about Gasol not playing like he should, but most of that has to go to Dirk.He has been playing great D.

Last edited by JL; 05-07-2011 at 01:09 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 12:58 AM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,901,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Come on now. Don't start with excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or