U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 AM

3,438 posts, read 3,119,896 times
The Lakers had the team to win it all. I believe they had locker room problems. They looked totally out of synch on defense. They should have played much better than this and I don't buy the whole "they're getting old" excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 AM

6,945 posts, read 7,121,388 times
Fox has been pushing the Heat or ThreePeat theme all season, and I was hoping a team would come along and knock one of them off.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 AM

10,963 posts, read 4,137,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Who saw this? Mavs up, 3-0?!
I don't think ANYBODY can HONESTLY say that saw the Mavericks going up 3-0 on the Lakers, even if you thought the Mavericks were going to win the series.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 AM

29,806 posts, read 18,148,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I suspect that Kobe and Gasol are playing hurt. Bynum has tender knees. The other Lakers can't pick up the slack and Dallas is too deep. Damn shame, but such is life. I never cared for the Mavs, Cuban, that weasel Jason Terry.

Great playoff basketball though. Lakers are done. Mavs will move on and have an excellent chance against Oklahoma or Memphis.
That's not where they lost. The Lakers STARTERS were fine, heck Bynum had a REALLY good game with his "tender knees" last night.

Kobe ripped the place up in Game 1.

I almost hate to have to spell it out for you but here goes....

Bench scoring
42-15
30-12
40-25

Total so far....112-52 bench scoring advantage.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:13 AM

29,806 posts, read 18,148,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I don't think ANYBODY can HONESTLY say that saw the Mavericks going up 3-0 on the Lakers, even if you thought the Mavericks were going to win the series.
I fully admit to not following the Mavs much this season and as a result I grossly underestimated them and picked the Lakers to win the series until they went down 2-0.

Might be premature but gratz to the Mavs, I think they are the best team in the playoffs right now.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:31 AM

3,526 posts, read 1,841,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bench scoring
42-15
30-12
40-25
Pretty much, yup. And Artest's suspension only thinned out the bench further because of Odom having to replace him in the starting lineup.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:17 AM

8,100 posts, read 13,057,531 times
I used to be a Laker fan... back in the late 70s... the 80s... not so much during the threePeat.

Never a fan of Kobe, actually. But he is... was good.

I don't think the Lakers are a team that can afford to go to the finals and lose.

I could care less about ratings, big market teams like LA, New York, Boston...

I don't like Kobe's smirk, I don't like Gasol's beard, and I don't like PJ's zen. I don't like Mark Cuban's sleazy, beedy eyes either.

I don't appreciate being force-fed media coverage about the big market teams nor franchise players... like King James, Kobe, Stoi, Melo, etc.

Go Memphis, go Oklahoma City. I'm looking to see an underdog team from an underdog town win it all this year. Do the Atlanta Hawks have a chance of getting back into this?

Old 05-07-2011, 10:18 AM

5,584 posts, read 3,892,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's not where they lost. The Lakers STARTERS were fine, heck Bynum had a REALLY good game with his "tender knees" last night.

Kobe ripped the place up in Game 1.

I almost hate to have to spell it out for you but here goes....

Bench scoring
42-15
30-12
40-25

Total so far....112-52 bench scoring advantage.
this is again what i have been saying the problem with the lakers has been all season. it was actually a problem for them LAST SEASON which is why everyone said i was nuts when calling them thin. hell i have read people on all sorts of forums talking about how "deep the lakers are" i think someone HERE even made a comment along the lines of "lakers, deeper then your team" after a game late in the reg season. a lot of people talked about how the lakers where going to destory the spurs, well obviously we will not find that out BUT my reply was "the lakers have to get by the mavs 1st and i dont think they can do it".

fisher has already said the lakers are going to blow the team up if they dont get past the mavs. i wonder who they deal, or what they can realistically do. i see them trying to trade bynum for howard as a top priority. this still doesnt help with the bad contracts or thin bench though.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:28 AM
FBJ

33,677 posts, read 22,950,129 times
The Mavs have to WIN IT ALL Now

Old 05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
JJG

10,366 posts, read 9,900,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Now we're in the 2nd round so lets focus more on the match ups per round.

Lakers VS Mavs

This should be a easy win for the Lakers
Again, I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE EASY FOR THE LAKERS.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball