U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:08 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,053,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
The Lakers had the team to win it all. I believe they had locker room problems. They looked totally out of synch on defense. They should have played much better than this and I don't buy the whole "they're getting old" excuse.
I think if this series proved one thing it's that this years Lakers team isn't as strong as the previous championship teams.

They don't have a point guard that can penetrate, defend and hit jump shots. Their defensive rotations are awful. At this stage Ron Artest and Dereck Fisher are liabilities and they simply don't get enough of ANYTHING from their bench.

On top of that they need to put out a missing person's report for Pau Gasol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,053,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I fully admit to not following the Mavs much this season and as a result I grossly underestimated them and picked the Lakers to win the series until they went down 2-0.

Might be premature but gratz to the Mavs, I think they are the best team in the playoffs right now.
The Mavs are playing some good ball right now but for my money the best teams in the NBA right now are the Chicago Bulls and the Miami Heat. If they end up meeting in the Eastern Conference Finals I'm looking for some absolutely epic basketball.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:25 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I think if this series proved one thing it's that this years Lakers team isn't as strong as the previous championship teams.

They don't have a point guard that can penetrate, defend and hit jump shots. Their defensive rotations are awful. At this stage Ron Artest and Dereck Fisher are liabilities and they simply don't get enough of ANYTHING from their bench.

On top of that they need to put out a missing person's report for Pau Gasol.

Pau Gasol looks like a retard the way he stands on the floor with his mouth open

Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The Mavs are playing some good ball right now but for my money the best teams in the NBA right now are the Chicago Bulls and the Miami Heat. If they end up meeting in the Eastern Conference Finals I'm looking for some absolutely epic basketball.
The Heat have major major rebounding problems when facing a team with more size than the post-perkins celtics. If they solve that in the off-season, and I'd bet a large chunk of money they do, then they will be the beast.

Right now I have zero concerns about the Bulls beating them if they meet up.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,922,956 times
Even though I'm a Hawks fan, I hate to see L.A. go out this way. Kobe should go out as a winner; that'd be nice to see.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:33 AM
FBJ

The difference between this Lakers team and the previous wo defending champions who were swept in 83 and 89 was that those teams had injured players and this team today will have everyone in the lineup.

In that 89 game, magic and scott was out, in 83 I think Bob Macadoo and Kareem was out

Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,076,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
Even though I'm a Hawks fan, I hate to see L.A. go out this way. Kobe should go out as a winner; that'd be nice to see.
Yes, so do I.
Here in Chicago it was so sad when our old Bulls team broke up but so nice that they went out on top.
I could not watch basketball for years after that, lol.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:33 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, so do I.
Here in Chicago it was so sad when our old Bulls team broke up but so nice that they went out on top.
I could not watch basketball for years after that, lol.
So that means you were a front running fan

Old 05-08-2011, 12:44 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
Speaking as a DFW resident....

...and...

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/chieftain.com/content/tncms/assets/editorial/0/1a/a7a/01aa7ae0-2e93-11e0-abfb-001cc4c002e0-revisions/4d48f51fc9f76.image.jpg (broken link)

.... to hell with Kobe, the Lakers, and Phil Jackson goin' out a winner. Sorry, dude, but the Mavs need this MUCH more than the Lakers ever could.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Speaking as a DFW resident....

...and...

.... to hell with Kobe, the Lakers, and Phil Jackson goin' out a winner. Sorry, dude, but the Mavs need this MUCH more than the Lakers ever could.
They better win it all because if not the Mavs during Dirk's era will be considered the BIGGEST JOKE of all time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or