U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 01:04 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,058,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Mavs showed no class either by launching up THREE After THREE when they were already up 36
In NBA basketball there is now way to run out the clock or stall. You do what you do best. It was the Lakers that were suppose to be defendiing the three point line.

The object of the game is shot the ball through the hoop and defend shooters. Not deliver cheap shots on defense like the Lakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,058,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Good win for the Mavs. I'm not a fan of the team, but they played better than the Lakers and their winning the series (even with a Sweep) is no surprise.

As for the Lakers, they have to make some serious changes. This was Jackson's last game as coach and a good time to make the changes. Artest, Bynum, Fisher, and Odom need to be traded. Gasol must be evaluated to determine what the hell happened to him during the playoffs. Was it something other than physical problems and defensive schemes that hampered his performance? He didn't appear himself for some mysterious reason.

I'm not sure how it happens, but Artest appears to disrupt the chemistry of every team he plays for. He's a lousy offensive player and can't be counted on. Defensively, he occasionally makes some plays, but appears closer to playing the role of the intimidating thug more than anything else. He never seemed to fit the style of the Lakers. They need to get rid of his rampaging. ineffective arse.

Bynum is pathetic. I never liked him and after that last foul that got him ejected, I can see why. He's mediocre talentwise, injury-prone, and too lumbering of a player to fit the style of the Lakers. Far cry from the athleticism of a Shawn Kemp. Lakers don't need this lead-legged guy. Get rid of him and look for another Shawn Kemp.

It has always been a mystery to me why Odom has been on the team this long. "Listless Lamar" I call him. Very little emotion, seemingly no outward display of determination or intensity. He doesn't appear to be that good. He occasionally has his moments, but he has never been dominant. A poor man's Scottie Pippen. Once traded, he will fade away without much impact.

Fisher has had a good run, but his age is now a liability. Plenty of talented guards out there will be able to more than fill his shoes.

The bench players must be evaluated as well. Lakers need depth and they don't have that now.

Good win for the Mavs. I'm still not a fan.

I hate what Bynum did to J.J. Barea it showed a total lack of class.

One the other hand the guy is one of the best YOUNG centers in the NBA. I really don't understand why you are down on Bynum aside from the fact he's been injured the past three season. The fact of the matter is the guy is about 23 years old has excellent quickness for a big man and shows signs getting better offensively.

In my opinion you'd have to be crazy to get rid of a good, YOUNG center in this league when there is limited talent at this position on the NBA.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM

3,029 posts, read 7,197,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Lakers in 6

Dallas is like Kobe's personal *******....he can't wait to drop 50 on them
How'd that Kobe personal ******* idea work out for ya?

Old 05-10-2011, 03:23 PM

474 posts, read 762,426 times
Quote:
Mavs showed no class either by launching up THREE After THREE when they were already up 36
Why didn't the Lakers try to play some defense? They didn't have their courtside celebrities to ooh and ahh over them? What did you want the Mavs to do - try to miss?

No better team to see lose than the Lakers. Especially sweet that a team from Texas did it.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:04 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
I see the Lakers forced Bynum to apologize publicly today.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,150 times
Quote:
I see the Lakers forced Bynum to apologize publicly today.
Which really makes him look lame.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Which really makes him look lame.

They asked him do he think he will be suspended and he said-"I don't want to be suspended"

Old 05-10-2011, 08:43 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,903,482 times
Bynum got 5 games to begin the season - if there is a season...

Old 05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
FBJ

Who cares

Old 05-11-2011, 05:37 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,903,482 times
Quote:
Who cares
I think that's why they announced the penalty now, while people are still paying attention to the league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or