U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 08:12 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,883,067 times

Advertisements

^^Nice story but you don't know what you're talking bout
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
head to head KG averaged about a half a point higher than tim, almost an assist (same as career) similar blocks and steals, tim averages almost 2 rebounds more.
most of KGs big games came in a small 2-3 year window. tims numbers have been consistent from start to today.
Kevin Garnett vs. Tim Duncan | Basketball-Reference.com
Right, just like I said. KG has better head to head stats with Tim. Does that make him better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
um KG has played with FAR less all stars than dirk, FAR less. you are stuck on his small window in boston, and over looking his t-wolves days.

dirk has under rated defense? how do you under rate a power forward who hasnt stepped inside the paint except to slap hands with team mates after missed free throws?
Thats simply not true. I dont think youve watched much of him except against the Spurs.

People may say, “Garnett worked with inferior talent.” Well, did he really? Let’s evaluate.
Over their careers, Nowitzki has had a player on his team elected to an All-Star Game seven times. Garnett has had a teammate elected to an All-Star Game on 16 occasions. On the way to Garnett’s only championship, he shacked up in Boston with two other Hall of Famers, both still in their prime. (Paul Pierce and Ray Allen) Both Pierce and Allen were elected to the All-Star Game that season and the Celtics were hyped as the preseason title favorites. People forget but it was Pierce–not Garnett–elected Finals MVP. The Celtics were the league favourite from day one, and they never looked back.

Who’s Had The Better Career: Dirk Nowitzki Or Kevin Garnett?

Old 08-10-2015, 01:07 AM

284 posts, read 177,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^Nice story but you don't know what you're talking bout
Wow, your words moved me just now. I officially change my opinion based on how eloquent your words are and how thorough your counter points are......WHY can't you accept Dirk for what he was? A fantastic player, world class even. But a sieve on defense. C'mon man, it's pretty well known around the league, among the players, coaches design plays that go at him all the time, fans know it. He's probably Hall of Fame but your glasses def have a pinkish hue if you think he's adequate defensively.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
Wow, your words moved me just now. I officially change my opinion based on how eloquent your words are and how thorough your counter points are......WHY can't you accept Dirk for what he was? A fantastic player, world class even. But a sieve on defense. C'mon man, it's pretty well known around the league, among the players, coaches design plays that go at him all the time, fans know it. He's probably Hall of Fame but your glasses def have a pinkish hue if you think he's adequate defensively.

When you say "he's probably hall of fame" that says it all about your perspective. Discounted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or