U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Mavs
Lakers 9 60.00%
Mavs 6 40.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

51,883 posts, read 41,765,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I also think it's indicative of the one thing that really separates Kobe from Jordan( and I've said it here before): Kobe in 15 seasons still struggles to find a balance between when to go into hero scoring mode, and when to distribute/facilitate. Dirk can't guard Gasol( the reverse is true as well), so if I was the Lakers I would be pounding it inside. Gasol 10 shots? Ridiculous!
Sadly I wasn't able to watch enough of the game to comment further.
Looking forward to watching some of the weekend matchups that don't start when I'm getting ready for bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM

7,556 posts, read 11,890,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I grew up a Laker fan and generally would root for them, but Ive been here for Dirks entire career and he's done so much with good but not great players.
He's really grown over the years, and after taking a couple of seasons off (my burnout, not his) I can really appreciate the maturation.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:44 PM

207 posts, read 308,311 times
With all due respect to the Mavericks, the Lakers lost this game because they didnt finish. This game couldve been over midway into the 3rd quarter, after the Lakers went on that run that started late in the 1st half which continued into the 3rd quarter. At that point they were up by something like 16 points. The way they were playing during that stretch, it couldve been up to 25 had they continued to play aggresively. Lakers have a tendency to lose focus, we saw that in the first round. The Lakers bring in their A game, they will not have a problem beating this team.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,001,354 times
Blah, blah, blah.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:51 PM

8,531 posts, read 8,871,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
With all due respect to the Mavericks, the Lakers lost this game because they didnt finish. This game couldve been over midway into the 3rd quarter, after the Lakers went on that run that started late in the 1st half which continued into the 3rd quarter. At that point they were up by something like 16 points. The way they were playing during that stretch, it couldve been up to 25 had they continued to play aggresively. Lakers have a tendency to lose focus, we saw that in the first round. The Lakers bring in their A game, they will not have a problem beating this team.
Thats the deal with the Lakers this year, they have a problem bringing their A game consistently. I wouldnt be surprised if the Lakers win out, but NBA games are full of spurts. The Mavs led most of the first half until the last 2 minutes. they had a bad final 2 minumtes of the first half and first half of the 3rd quarter, other than that they played great.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Lakers in a hole once again

Old 05-03-2011, 07:25 PM

207 posts, read 308,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Thats the deal with the Lakers this year, they have a problem bringing their A game consistently. I wouldnt be surprised if the Lakers win out, but NBA games are full of spurts. The Mavs led most of the first half until the last 2 minutes. they had a bad final 2 minumtes of the first half and first half of the 3rd quarter, other than that they played great.
They've been to the finals the last 3 years, thats alot of playoffs games. I get the impression that they just pace themselves treating the playoffs like a marathon, conserving energy, rather than going for the kill every game. Very exciting and entertaining finish though , looking forward to game 2.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lakers in a hole once again
Let's hope Dallas can throw some dirt in that hole and bury the LAL for good.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:38 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,001,354 times
Omg, omg, it's time to panic!

It's all over for the Lakers!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 AM

51,883 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
The team is a little older and have a really really bad bench once you get past odom. As a result, they have a harder time with maintaining consistancy.

Kobe can't play heavy heavy minutes while giving his all at BOTH ends of the court like he used to be able to do.

This isn't saying they aren't still the team to beat, but rather a frank assessment that this team is arguably weaker than in the past few years. If anyone can take advantage or that, we will just have to wait and see....so many of these games can hinge on a single lucky shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or