U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: OKC or Grizz
OKC 8 57.14%
Grizz 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The Grizziles have shown tremendous heart throughout the playoffs. Game 6 was a true testament to their "Never Say Die" attitude. This team may lose game 7 but THEY AREN'T GOING OUT WITHOUT A FIGHT.

For that I admire them more than any other team I've watched during the playoffs.
I just hope they don't get blown out if they do lose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
Wow! This was the best series of playoffs thus far. Durant came through and Westbrook finally played like a true pt. guard getting others involved instead of trying to take over and shoot too much. Congrats to the Thunder! I also gotta give props to the Grizz. They were a resilient team. Zach Randolph was a beast.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Wow! This was the best series of playoffs thus far. Durant came through and Westbrook finally played like a true pt. guard getting others involved instead of trying to take over and shoot too much. Congrats to the Thunder! I also gotta give props to the Grizz. They were a resilient team. Zach Randolph was a beast.
How was it the best series and Game 7 was a blow out? You are clearly a OKC homer

Old 05-15-2011, 04:52 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
How was it the best series and Game 7 was a blow out? You are clearly a OKC homer
It was the only series this year to go 7 games. 2 OT games. Wins on the road by both teams. Game winning comebacks from huge deficits. Of course this was the best series so far this year.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:01 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,242,538 times
Quote:

Look at all of the other playoff games; THOSE were blowouts with no games going beyond six in their series. Why can't you act like class like the Grizzlies did in the loss?

Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Look at all of the other playoff games; THOSE were blowouts with no games going beyond six in their series. Why can't you act like class like the Grizzlies did in the loss?
It was a good series but I wish the Grizzlies had put up a better fight

Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
It was a good series but I wish the Grizzlies had put up a better fight

They put up a hell of a good fight. They were the number 8 seed, playing most of their games on the road and they took the number 4 seed to 7 games. Memphis fans should be nothing but proud of their team.

They played good, hard, and they played with class, unlike the Lakers.

I have nothing but respect for the Grizzlies. And before you think I'm an OkC homer, I'm not. I'm a Mavs fan, but the Thunder run a close second. I'll have one of my teams playing in the finals one way or another.

Really these two team are very even. And the Grizzlies might have made a more formidable matchup against Dallas since they dominated them in the regular season.

I don't see OkC winning the series against Dallas, but stranger things have happened.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
They put up a hell of a good fight. They were the number 8 seed, playing most of their games on the road and they took the number 4 seed to 7 games. Memphis fans should be nothing but proud of their team.

They played good, hard, and they played with class, unlike the Lakers.

I have nothing but respect for the Grizzlies. And before you think I'm an OkC homer, I'm not. I'm a Mavs fan, but the Thunder run a close second. I'll have one of my teams playing in the finals one way or another.

Really these two team are very even. And the Grizzlies might have made a more formidable matchup against Dallas since they dominated them in the regular season.

I don't see OkC winning the series against Dallas, but stranger things have happened.

I on't want to hear nothing about they played with class and the lakers didn't because it's no comparison. Memphis is a 8th seed that reached Game 7 of the semi-finals and exceeded expectations. The Lakers were expected to three peat so of course there is going to be more frustrated when they were eliminated

Als Dallas will win the series in Game 4 or 5

Old 05-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I on't want to hear nothing about they played with class and the lakers didn't because it's no comparison. Memphis is a 8th seed that reached Game 7 of the semi-finals and exceeded expectations. The Lakers were expected to three peat so of course there is going to be more frustrated when they were eliminated

Als Dallas will win the series in Game 4 or 5
Are you not a Sixers fan TVandSportsGuy? I see you're in Philadelphia, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're a Sixers fan.

Not that it would matter right now; I just take it you're a sports fan (which is good) and you've picked the team you want to go all the way.

That appears to be Memphis (great team and going to get even better). But who after that?

Who do you see winning the championship?

Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Are you not a Sixers fan TVandSportsGuy? I see you're in Philadelphia, but that doesn't necessarily mean you're a Sixers fan.

Not that it would matter right now; I just take it you're a sports fan (which is good) and you've picked the team you want to go all the way.

That appears to be Memphis (great team and going to get even better). But who after that?

Who do you see winning the championship?

I don't see a team left that can beat the Mavs. The Mavs have 3 stars in ther starting five and 1 superstar coming off the bench and are too well balanced to lose to any team that's left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball