Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
It is official spurs are THE most hated team innthe NBA. No less the FIVE threads bashing, hating on them.

Well from those of use who love the team, good luck to the spurs in the future and to those who hate all I can say is suck it, we don't care.
I don't hate them at all. They are an elite team and they have very good fans. They lost this one, inexplicably after playing so well during the regular season. I guess the Grizzlies were just a good matchup. It happens all the times in sports.

No hate for the Spurs here. Just a tad bit of envy from a Mavs fan and I'm quickly becoming a Thunder fan as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,948,828 times
Quote:
It is official spurs are THE most hated team innthe NBA. No less the FIVE threads bashing, hating on them.

Well from those of use who love the team, good luck to the spurs in the future and to those who hate all I can say is suck it, we don't care.
Usually the hate comes from being the best, and like them or not, the Spurs have been one of the best teams in the NBA over the last decade. I wish the Mavs were as hated as the Spurs, that would probably have been because they would have had the success that the Spurs enjoyed.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM

909 posts, read 1,062,496 times
I'm not anti-Spurs at all (except that over-the-hill punk McDyess)...Tim Duncan has been one of my favorite players going back to the days of David Robinson/Duncan twin towers. Local fave Will Perdue used to play for the Spurs too now that I think about.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:40 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
One thing that I think is ridiculous though, on some other bball forums I visit, some morons are saying Duncan is no longer top ten because of this loss. Ahhhh what? So the 4 rings as the man on ALL of them, 3 finals MVPs, 2 MVPs get wiped away now??

Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
I notice two posters on this thread who don't like the spurs are from texas and not san antonio.

I understand this, we Dodger fans hate the padres and the giants - two pretty anonymous teams which haven't been that good (except ffor the jut recent giants series victory). People probably wonder how anybody could hate the padres.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:33 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Truth, is ever since I started watching the NBA in 1990, I have NEVER liked any teams in Texas except for the Rockets.

Don't care about anything concerning the Mavs or Spurs. Have never liked either team.

I'll always support my Rockets.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:47 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
I don't hate the Spurs or Mavs, just that my loyalty is with the Rockets. However, since they're out of it, i can't root for them. I have been following Kevin Durant since his college days at Univ. of Texas which is my alma mater btw. I've been a fan of his since then and thus my support for the Thunder. You can be sure if the Rockets were in the playoffs, there is no team that would take precedence over them.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:41 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post

If it's any consolation, I imagine there will be twice as many Lakers threads here as the playoffs progress....
Told ya, Rigas

Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Told ya, Rigas
Confirmed, lol

Old 05-09-2011, 03:01 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Told ya, Rigas
I don't agree, the lakers did not get 3-4-5 threads started in reference to a single lost game, or a couple of games. It was not until they lost the series that 3 threads where started.

I contend laker fans are more hated then spurs fans (except me, I relish the role of hated spurs fan) but the team has more fans then haters by far. Heck jersey sales alone prove that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball