Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:03 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,585,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
their leader (?) is a rapist..
I love how a black man doesn't even have to be convicted of a crime to be a dangerous criminal in certain people's eyes.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:27 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,023,894 times
Ahhhh yes, there it is, now it's a race thing, now it's a party!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:59 AM

77,799 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
After watching the current series with the Mavs, I have no doubt. The cheap shots on Barea by guys twice his size are unbelievable. And of course, their leader (?) is a rapist. They've brought shame not only on the city of L.A., but the whole league. Pitiful.
I'm not a Lakers' fan and obviously you aren't either.
Additionally, it's pretty clear you didn't follow the facts of the case at all.

Basically, when the case doesn't even go to trial it speaks volumes as to the strength of evidence.

I would suggest you go read up and then come back and explain WHY there should have been a trial or even conviction based upon actual facts.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I love how a black man doesn't even have to be convicted of a crime to be a dangerous criminal in certain people's eyes.
So you are saying that people that don't like the "black man" tend to like to follow and watch the NBA? Really?

It's been a black dominated league for decades so it's safer to assume that someone doesn't like a guy it's due to team affiliation or that he used to play for some rival at the college level or their extra-curriculars or that they just hate their personality, style of play etc.

Heck, look at all the Spurs haters, is it because they are racists too?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:12 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,023,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Heck, look at all the Spurs haters, is it because they are racists too?
HEY you leave the spurs out of this, tim duncan and tony parker are almost as white as matt bonner! add matt bonner, steve novak in and hopefully we can get brian scalbrini next season so we can OFFICIALLY be the whitest team in the nba since 1954!

WHITE BOYS RULLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! especially if they have red hair!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:49 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,578,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Bynum was in a position to make a play for the ball. He could have at least attempted to go for the block. He clearly had no interest in doing anything but giving a cheap shot, since the Lakers by that point obviously had no other way to stop the Mavs. So what did he do? Hit Barea while IN THE AIR, which could have led to all kinds of serious injury scenarios. There's a difference between a 'good, hard playoff' foul, which is still usually SOME kind of attempt to make a play for the ball,and what Bynum did. You don't do your best impression of a UFC fighter, just because your team has failed to keep the opposing team's guard out of the lane. Here's an idea: PLAY BETTER DEFENSE.

And no, he wasn't sending a message either. What message? The game at that point was WELL out of reach. The only thing he accomplished was disgracing the Lakers uniform, and the organization. This was Phil Jackson's last game, one of the most decorated coaches in sports history. He deserved a better send-off....
My thoughts exactly. A 30 game suspension is not heavy enough for this coward.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 AM

I suspect there will be HEAVY fines for several Lakers including Phil Jackson.
A few 1-3+ game suspensions at the start of the season are also likely.

What would be a new dynamic, and Stern has the brass to do it, would be to give them 1-2 game suspensions for their next PLAYOFF game. The NBA has gone to great lengths to crack down on the 80's-90's thug ball....they might make an example out of some of the Lakers players.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
math, why do you think Jackson will be fined?

Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,578,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not a Lakers' fan and obviously you aren't either.
Additionally, it's pretty clear you didn't follow the facts of the case at all.

Basically, when the case doesn't even go to trial it speaks volumes as to the strength of evidence.

I would suggest you go read up and then come back and explain WHY there should have been a trial or even conviction based upon actual facts.
No basically it spoke volumes about what actually happened. The woman decided not to go through with the trial due to the humiliation of having to deal with every detail of her sex life being held out for all to see. Kobe admitted having sex with her and also apologized to her. Kobe has lots of money, and believe me, a LOT of that went to her to settle the case. The DA believed her and was deeply disappointed when he was forced to drop the case.

When I say Kobe is a rapist, it's just like saying Bynum is a thug. My opinion based upon events I observed. I didn't bring this up to have a huge argument back and forth about what happened 7 years ago. He was wrong to have sex with a young girl when he was married to someone else, admitted to it, and got out of it. Only 2 people absolutely KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt exactly what happened. Believe what you will, but my opinion is that he is a rapist.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
math, why do you think Jackson will be fined?
He was at the helm when that stuff started going down. He could have calmed his guys down etc. but didn't. (and I'm a big fan of PJ)

Again, Stern has a track record of A$$ WHIPPING people that muck up the NBA image after the thug years. He pretty much put a stop to that $hit. This incident was ugly and potentially ENORMOUS in implication if say Dirk comes up with a torn ligament etc?

Frankly, I think Stern is going to go off like an A-bomb on the Lakers *in general* and that PJ will get caught in the blast wave although for a trivial amount of $$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball