U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:42 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,030,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
From an experience standpoint yes, but Chalmers athletically can keep up with Rose better than Bibby can. Bibby's jumpshot seems to have gone awry as well, so his value diminishes if he can't be a good spot-up shooter off Wade/Lebron double-teams. Wade and Lebron do most of the playmaking anyways....
If Mike Miller and Bibby were hitting shots like they would have previously in their careers the Heat would be way more dangerous, but I can only remember one game that stood out for both Bibby and Miller each this year..They are wasting space on the roster this playoff run...I think maybe a line-up of Anthony, Howard, Bosh, Lebron, and Wade should be used and bring Jones, Chalmers, House, Haslem, and Pittman off the bench as your normal rotation and throw in maybe Mike Miller as a decoy sometimes since he can't shoot right now he can penetrate though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Things Heat should do differently

Start Chalmers and bench Bibby

Start Big Z for rebounding not scoring

Don't have both Lebron and Wade on bench at same time

Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 PM

51,966 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
The Heat's defense is capable of containing the Bull's offense, they need to neutralize them on the boards. There's no way you're going to beat a team if they shoot 20 more times than you do in a game.
The Heat have NO ONE that can reasonably guard D. Rose without sagging 6 feet off him and parking in the paint with the rest of the Heat. I really don't think the Heat can keep the Bulls from scoring a reasonable amount short of causing the Bulls to make a lot of turnovers.

Frankly, there is no way you win the boards. Making it a huge discrepancy is arguably the best case scenario.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:21 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,399,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
dont get me wrong, I like D Rose, but it VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY that he will become the next MJ. He still has to get pass Kobe, D wade, and Lebron "overrated" James first. Anything is possible, but we are talking about the GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER EVER
Rose is already doing better than Lebron and Kobe off the court. He hasn't raped anybody or made a joke out of free agency.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,030,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Rose is already doing better than Lebron and Kobe off the court. He hasn't raped anybody or made a joke out of free agency.
There's a difference here....Kobe didn't donate any money from charity for the rape he committed...you may agree or disagree with Lebron's decision and the way it happened, but at least money went to charity for the kids...How does the hate for Lebron making a decision even compare to rape? Lebron hasn't done anything like that off the court..Hate blinds people is what I say...

I used to hate Lebron blindly, but after all this hate he's received this year and me being a Heat fan and having him around all season, I got to know him more and he's not as bad a guy as I thought and those who previously liked him but now hate him know he's not a bad guy either...He's not a criminal

Old 05-17-2011, 04:05 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Heat have NO ONE that can reasonably guard D. Rose
That goes without saying, but I'd put Chalmers on him before Bibby. That was where I was going with my earlier point.

As far as winning the boards, I'm not suggesting the Heat would. My point about the 'all hands on deck' approach is to close the gap as much as they possibly can. Putting out a small lineup isn't going to do that.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,310,145 times
2 1/2 men cannot beat a team. PERIOD.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:45 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
2 1/2 men cannot beat a team. PERIOD.
You mean three and a half men. Bibby and Chalmers combined makes them the big three and a half

Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 PM

320 posts, read 620,950 times
Quote:
Yes but the 'they've never faced a team with this' applies to both teams. Much is being made of the Bulls rebounding and their defense, and very little about the fact that the Bulls are going to have their defense tested like never before, by the two of the most unstoppable players in the game. Wade and Lebron individually are a handful, trying to stop both at the same time over a seven game series? We're not talking about Danny Granger and Joe Johnson here. You also have to wonder if playing the 'MVP' will give them a little extra incentive.
Hmm hmm!! Now what was that you was saying? That was an easy test. Bulls pass with flyin colors.

Quote:
Deng has never faced a player this playoff that will test his defense to the extreme as Lebron either. This goes both ways. How much is defending Lebron going to take from Deng's own offense? And his offense is going to be crucial in this series.
Hmm Hmm!!! Now what was you saying? Like I said, LBJ has never ran accross a defender like Deng. Not saying that Deng will contain him forever, but LBJ definitely has his work cut out for him. Plus, Deng is probably much more harder to defend because he moves well without the ball.

Quote:
You have way more faith in him than I do. Carlos Boozer as a playoff performer has never impressed me, this playoffs certainly hasn't changed my mind.
Boozer hasn't impressed me either, but if he scores at least 15-20 points and 10+ rebounds in this series then this team is in good shape. As long as Gibson continue to do well off the bench then I can be satisfied with Boozer being mediocre.

Quote:
I believe this series is going to come down to which team can contain the other's advantage more: Can the Heat find a way to negate the Bulls rebounding, can the Bulls neuter both Wade and Lebron over 7 games? I believe I read somewhere that the Heat are the #3 defensive ranked team( Bull being number 1). Which means this isn't going to be a picnic no matter how you slice it, for either team.
To answer your questions: No and Yes. However, I expect the Heat to play a much better game tomorrow. But, if the Bulls keep the same defensive intensity throughout this series, I don't see the Heat or any team beating them. Just think about it. Anytime, the bigs can guard your top perimeter players, your team will continue to have problems offensively. The Bull's D is #1 in the league for that reason alone.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
Hmm hmm!! Now what was that you was saying? That was an easy test. Bulls pass with flyin colors.

Hmm Hmm!!! Now what was you saying? Like I said, LBJ has never ran accross a defender like Deng. Not saying that Deng will contain him forever, but LBJ definitely has his work cut out for him. Plus, Deng is probably much more harder to defend because he moves well without the ball.

Hmm hmm?? Something stuck in your throat?

On a serious note, do your hmm hmm-ing when the series is over.... there's still 6 games left. I'm gonna be here till the end of the finals regardless, talking basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball