U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:32 AM

53,890 posts, read 43,218,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
That goes without saying, but I'd put Chalmers on him before Bibby. That was where I was going with my earlier point.

As far as winning the boards, I'm not suggesting the Heat would. My point about the 'all hands on deck' approach is to close the gap as much as they possibly can. Putting out a small lineup isn't going to do that.
Agreed.

P.S. While Boozer has been hit or miss he was a beast in game 1 for only 26 minutes.

Should be a hard fought game tonight, the Heat will be out for blood. I think the key item for the Heat is turnovers. With the rebounding situation the way the Heat have to beat the Bulls is to either shoot the lights or have the Bulls go stone cold.....which can't be counted on......OR have a reasonable turnover advantage to offset the rebounding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,955,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Agreed.

P.S. While Boozer has been hit or miss he was a beast in game 1 for only 26 minutes.
Boozer did play well, but then again the Heat's defense isn't really geared to stopping him( I suppose you could make the same argument for why Bosh had such a good game).

My sentiments on Boozer really stem from my belief that he isn't a max contract player, so in that light I'm pretty underwhelmed and I think the Bulls could have invested that money in a few more solid players, than overpay for a guy that doesn't really provide much more than his backup, at a significantly higher price-tag( not too dissimilar to the situation in Utah, where Milsap made him somewhat expendable). He's a 'good' player, but his inadequacies are somewhat hidden by the fact that the Bulls don't over rely on him. If they employed a system whereby he was a focal point and expected to stand behind Rose on the way to a title, I'd say he's not the one. But as part of a rotation with Noah, Gibson, Asik, he fits into that strategy well enough.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Boozer did play well, but then again the Heat's defense isn't really geared to stopping him( I suppose you could make the same argument for why Bosh had such a good game).

My sentiments on Boozer really stem from my belief that he isn't a max contract player, so in that light I'm pretty underwhelmed and I think the Bulls could have invested that money in a few more solid players, than overpay for a guy that doesn't really provide much more than his backup, at a significantly higher price-tag( not too dissimilar to the situation in Utah, where Milsap made him somewhat expendable). He's a 'good' player, but his inadequacies are somewhat hidden by the fact that the Bulls don't over rely on him. If they employed a system whereby he was a focal point and expected to stand behind Rose on the way to a title, I'd say he's not the one. But as part of a rotation with Noah, Gibson, Asik, he fits into that strategy well enough.
Agreed. He was in the right place at the right time and thus got a bigger contract than his *worth*. There are going to be a whole bunch of big-men that do the same thing (forgetting CBA for a minute) this off-season as the Knicks, Heat and others have a lot of demand for what is in short supply.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:44 AM
FBJ

39,606 posts, read 51,383,536 times
Heat has no shot of winning this series if they lose tonight and will not win two straight in Miami to tie the series 2-2.

If the Bulls win tonight they will win the series in Game 5

Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM

3,569 posts, read 6,145,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Heat has no shot of winning this series if they lose tonight and will not win two straight in Miami to tie the series 2-2.

If the Bulls win tonight they will win the series in Game 5
Don't say that.
You'll jinx the bulls chance of winning since youre predictions always result in the opposite

Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM
FBJ

39,606 posts, read 51,383,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Don't say that.
You'll jinx the bulls chance of winning since youre predictions always result in the opposite

It's a lot easier to win 2 straight games at home when the series is 0-0 or you are up 1-0 but when you are down 0-2 it is not easy at all

Ask Boston

Old 05-18-2011, 02:21 PM

I expect the Heat to come out firing tonight but even if they win I just see the Bulls grinding them down over the series as I think the Heat need to bring the better game in order to beat the Bulls given the matchups.

Heat are a very good, explosive team and the Bulls can occasionally look sloppy offensively. If they can keep their turnovers down and execute their offense adequately their rebounding and defense should anchor the win.

Again, I think a Heat win will require a positive turn-over margin and a disparity in knocking down the shots either by being hot or the Bulls cold etc.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:25 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,955,988 times
I'm hearing now that Lebron has been fighting a cold, which is why he lacked energy the other day. Building up the excuses in case you lose again, Lebron?? MAN UP. Michael Jordan scored 38 with the damn flu and food poisoning in the friggin finals. This is why Lebron will never = or > Jordan.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,146,825 times
Quote:
I'm hearing now that Lebron has been fighting a cold, which is why he lacked energy the other day. Building up the excuses in case you lose again, Lebron?? MAN UP. Michael Jordan scored 38 with the damn flu and food poisoning in the friggin finals. This is why Lebron will never = or > Jordan.
Exactly.
Poor Lebron is catching a cold, he can't play with a cold?
Rondo came back in with a dislocated elbow.
He should really keep that quiet.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:57 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,494,947 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Exactly.
Poor Lebron is catching a cold, he can't play with a cold?
Rondo came back in with a dislocated elbow.
He should really keep that quiet.
It's an excuse for when they lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball