U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2011, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802

Advertisements

Any Bulls fans around to discuss last night's game? Orangeish.... Mathguy....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Any Bulls fans around to discuss last night's game? Orangeish.... Mathguy....?
The Bulls played like crap last night, especially in the second half. You can credit the Heats defense, but there is no doubt that was one of the worst halfs of basketball the bulls played in months.

I also think we can keep Korver on the bench in the 4th quarter he is so bad on the defensive end. If his shot isn't falling it is worthless to have him out there. There were a couple times where he was on Lebron due to defensive switching, and I cannot imagine a more terrfying matchup in the NBA as Korver trying to guard Lebron - it might as well be me out there.

It's 1-1 and the Bulls have shown they can blow the heat out, but can also have a really bad game. I don't feel over confident as a bulls fan, but I don't know how you could as a heat fan either, unless you have a really short memory. I could see this going 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
The Bulls played like crap last night, especially in the second half. You can credit the Heats defense, but there is no doubt that was one of the worst halfs of basketball the bulls played in months.

I also think we can keep Korver on the bench in the 4th quarter he is so bad on the defensive end. If his shot isn't falling it is worthless to have him out there. There were a couple times where he was on Lebron due to defensive switching, and I cannot imagine a more terrfying matchup in the NBA as Korver trying to guard Lebron - it might as well be me out there.

It's 1-1 and the Bulls have shown they can blow the heat out, but can also have a really bad game. I don't feel over confident as a bulls fan, but I don't know how you could as a heat fan either, unless you have a really short memory. I could see this going 7.

Neither Heat or Bulls fan should feel 100% confident. I credit the Heat for making the necessary adjustments. Let's face it, the Bulls played essentially a perfect game in Game 1, by their style of play. Last night, the Heat's defense did a great job on Rose, and the Bulls offense went totally out of whack as a result.

The effort level was certainly much higher than in Game 1, and in particular while Lebron was statistically the best player last night, the player who had the biggest impact was Haslem. His energy and hustle galvanized the team, also there were a number of strong rebounding efforts by several Heat players. That is the ONLY way the Heat can compete, by minimizing the Bulls rebounding advantage by putting everyone underneath the boards, this will impact their transition defense but I see no other way. Game 3 will certainly see another series of adjustments by both coaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 89,187,251 times
Reputation: 29451
First time the Heat have beaten the Bulls all season...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,362,931 times
Reputation: 3070
Yeah, it's easy to overlook though that the Bulls played some great defense too. It felt like Miami ran away with it in the 4th quarter but they scored only 14 points! The Bulls just happened to only score 10 lol.

Greg - what do you think about Korver though, you think Thibs should keep giving him minutes and hoping he shoots through this? He isn't getting open looks and like I said earlier he is a total defensive liability. If Thibs wants to give him minutes, maybe do it in the 2nd or 3rd qtrs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
First time the Heat have beaten the Bulls all season...
Yep, and the first time they've outrebounded them. No coincidence and I'd dare say THE Key for Miami to win, because defensively both teams can shut the other down when on their games.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, it's easy to overlook though that the Bulls played some great defense too. It felt like Miami ran away with it in the 4th quarter but they scored only 14 points! The Bulls just happened to only score 10 lol.

Greg - what do you think about Korver though, you think Thibs should keep giving him minutes and hoping he shoots through this? He isn't getting open looks and like I said earlier he is a total defensive liability. If Thibs wants to give him minutes, maybe do it in the 2nd or 3rd qtrs?

Both teams put forth a great defensive effort, no doubt. The Bulls always play defense, the Heat are the 2nd ranked defense so last night being a battle of defensive will was no shock.

Korver is too much of a liability, particularly in pick and roll situations, to be of any value to the Bulls if he isn't hitting his shots. I'd say play him early to establish some kind of shooting rhythm, if he's on it's easier to justify playing him in the 4th, but you'd have to find some way to compensate for his defensive inadequacies. If he's off, no reason to play him late in the game.

Boozer, the max contract player, last night: 26 minutes, 7 points, 8 rebounds. Why isn't Gibson starting... if this is a defensive battle he's your better bet over Boozer, and hell Gibson can score at least as much as Boozer scored last night. Gibson in a starting role will probably give you 11 and 8, PLUS superb defense and energy. Bench Boozer.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 AM
 
51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Reputation: 32374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Neither Heat or Bulls fan should feel 100% confident. I credit the Heat for making the necessary adjustments. Let's face it, the Bulls played essentially a perfect game in Game 1, by their style of play. Last night, the Heat's defense did a great job on Rose, and the Bulls offense went totally out of whack as a result.

The effort level was certainly much higher than in Game 1, and in particular while Lebron was statistically the best player last night, the player who had the biggest impact was Haslem. His energy and hustle galvanized the team, also there were a number of strong rebounding efforts by several Heat players. That is the ONLY way the Heat can compete, by minimizing the Bulls rebounding advantage by putting everyone underneath the boards, this will impact their transition defense but I see no other way. Game 3 will certainly see another series of adjustments by both coaches.
The Bulls still beat them solidly on the boards. Bulls missed *a lot* of wide open shots and basically shot horribly. Lebron got hot at the end, hats off to the Heat.

This was pretty much the type of scenario that needs to occur for the Heat to beat the Bulls....and is one of the Bulls weak areas. Most night if they shoot pretty well I see them beating the Heat given the other facets.

I know Miami played better defense but reasonably the Bulls contributed greatly by not capitalizing when wide open off Rose feeds when the lanes were clogged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

The Bulls still beat them solidly on the boards
Wasn't the rebounding stats 45-41 in favor or Miami??

The Bulls shot 34% off 82 shots, the Heat 47% off 68 shots. The Heat outshot the Bulls percentage-wise in Game 1 as well, the difference is this game they won the rebounding battle. Over two games, the Heat are shooting a respectable 47%, which is very good considering the potency of the Bulls defense. The strategy regarding the Heat seems relatively clear: Win the rebounding battle or at least keep it as close as possible, lock down defensively. Note that I'm not saying the strategy is EASY to accomplish, only that it's clear what they need to do. Whether they can do that 3 more times remains to be seen, but I'd say the blueprints for success for each team are pretty cut and dry.

Last edited by Roman77; 05-19-2011 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 AM
 
999 posts, read 1,470,254 times
Reputation: 494
Okay, so Miami played well yesterday, and so did the the Bulls. Let's be honest here, it easily could have gone either way. For most of the game both teams were neck and neck, it was fierce. It wasn't until the last few minutes or so, that the Bulls seemed to fall apart.

Also, I don't know why Gibson wasn't put in more, and Rose had a HORRIBLE game last night, IMO. Let's be honest, if Rose would have played like he always does we would have won.

The Heat certainly adjusted and stepped it up, but either way I feel like the series is going to be a tough one from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,258 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Reputation: 11716
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Rose had a HORRIBLE game last night, IMO. Let's be honest, if Rose would have played like he always does we would have won.
That could be said about any game. What if Lebron and D-Wade perform to their max potential, too? If Wade catches fire, you guys will have big problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
First time the Heat have beaten the Bulls all season...
That doesn't mean anything. Playoffs are a whole new ballgame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top