U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Reputation: 3070

Advertisements

I'd say a safe assumption is the Bulls will play somewhere between where they were in game one and where they were in game two. That should lead to a series victory if that happens.

I was listening to Mike and Mike word vomiting all over themselves as usual on ESPN radio this AM, and they were saying the Bulls have to play a "perfect game" to beat the heat. Ok morons, they played an almost perfect game on Sunday and won by 21 points, so obviously there is some room for error. They were also talking about how the heat are "deeper" than the bulls, at which point I pulled my car over head butted the nearest tree and finished my drive to work listening to the local 670 SCORE guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:39 AM
 
999 posts, read 1,470,885 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That could be said about any game. What if Lebron and D-Wade perform to their max potential, too? If Wade catches fire, you guys will have big problems.
Right, but however, I don't think Wade or LeBron will reach their max in this series, because of the Bulls' defense. I don't think Rose will ever reach his max in his series because of Miami's defense. However, Rose missed plenty of shots that he always makes, which could of given us a good lead. While Wade, LeBron and Rose might not be able to reach their max in this series, they can still have good performances. Wade was subpar in game 1, Rose in game 2. I am just saying a big factor here was Rose's subpar performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'd say a safe assumption is the Bulls will play somewhere between where they were in game one and where they were in game two. That should lead to a series victory if that happens.
Do you think the Miami Heat have played their best ball to date? True, the Bulls can play better, but that goes both ways. And Miami now has two back to back games at home, where they haven't lost this post season.

To be honest, I don't care for either team. I'm just going for the Heat because I bet money on it and I picked them to go all the way at the beginning of the season. I used to be a crazy Bulls fan back in the day though, but I'm much more fickle when it comes to pro basketball than any other sport. I just like the teams with my favorite players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
Right, but however, I don't think Wade or LeBron will reach their max in this series, because of the Bulls' defense. I don't think Rose will ever reach his max in his series because of Miami's defense. However, Rose missed plenty of shots that he always makes, which could of given us a good lead. While Wade, LeBron and Rose might not be able to reach their max in this series, they can still have good performances. Wade was subpar in game 1, Rose in game 2. I am just saying a big factor here was Rose's subpar performance.
Missing shots is part of the game. Wade missed a lot of shots, too.

Idk. I'm not much of a betting man, but my bet was that it would be harder for the Bulls to stop TWO superstars than for the Heat to contain just one. I can't see going five games deep into this series without Wade or James going off for 35+ in consecutive games. If that happens, and the Heat get some hustle from their bench, then I see the Heat wrapping up this series in 6 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 AM
 
999 posts, read 1,470,885 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Missing shots is part of the game. Wade missed a lot of shots, too.

Idk. I'm not much of a betting man, but my bet was that it would be harder for the Bulls to stop TWO superstars than for the Heat to contain just one. I can't see going five games deep into this series without Wade or James going off for 35+ in consecutive games. If that happens, and the Heat get some hustle from their bench, then I see the Heat wrapping up this series in 6 games.
It could easily go either way. Miami has two excellent and superstar players, and one other one that is just right behind them, with the rest of team being nothing impressive. The Bulls have one superstar, however the Bulls have a much deeper bench and has plenty of players that are just right behind Rose in terms of how good they are.

If you are looking at which team has more/stronger superstars, it's Miami, if you are looking at which team is overall the strongest, it's Chicago. Should be an interesting series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Do you think the Miami Heat have played their best ball to date? True, the Bulls can play better, but that goes both ways. And Miami now has two back to back games at home, where they haven't lost this post season.

To be honest, I don't care for either team. I'm just going for the Heat because I bet money on it and I picked them to go all the way at the beginning of the season. I used to be a crazy Bulls fan back in the day though, but I'm much more fickle when it comes to pro basketball than any other sport. I just like the teams with my favorite players.
Don't get me wrong, I think the Heat can play better as well but the 4th quarter was the Bulls worst basketball in months imo. So it's not like they could just get a little better, they should be significantly better.

What kind of line did you get on the heat at the begining of the season? I remember looking at the NBA futures and I thought they were something like 7/2 to win it all? I could be off though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Don't get me wrong, I think the Heat can play better as well but the 4th quarter was the Bulls worst basketball in months imo. So it's not like they could just get a little better, they should be significantly better.
Yeah, but didn't the Heat go about 4-1/2 to 5 minutes without scoring in the fourth quarter last night? That's uncharacteristic of them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
What kind of line did you get on the heat at the begining of the season? I remember looking at the NBA futures and I thought they were something like 7/2 to win it all? I could be off though.
Like I said, I'm not much of a betting man. When James announced he was going to Miami, I made an off the cuff remark to a buddy that "nobody's going to beat them." He disagreed, so we bet 50 bucks on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
 
51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32398
So much speculation, lets just stick to the facts.

The bottom line is that the Bulls are winning the turnover and rebounding battle every night. As long as they aren't shooting AWFULLY like last night they will put *a lot* of pressure on the Heat to make up for those possession shortfalls.

I come away from the first two games feeling like the Bulls are still likely to win the series but that it will be a hard fought contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
 
999 posts, read 1,470,885 times
Reputation: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So much speculation, lets just stick to the facts.

The bottom line is that the Bulls are winning the turnover and rebounding battle every night. As long as they aren't shooting AWFULLY like last night they will put *a lot* of pressure on the Heat to make up for those possession shortfalls.

I come away from the first two games feeling like the Bulls are still likely to win the series but that it will be a hard fought contest.
Agreed. The Bulls were pretty horrific in shooting yesterday. I mean the Bulls could have easily won the game. It really didn't get bad until the final 3-4 minutes of the game, other than that the game was neck in neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Reputation: 11726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So much speculation, lets just stick to the facts.
It's all speculation. And you're speculating just like everyone else on this board. If all we needed were "facts," then there'd be no point in playing the games. We could just look at stat sheets and regular season records and then call it a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top