U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:14 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Easily 3-1 Chicago? Give me a break
Yes, easily 3-1. These games have been going down to the wire, with Miami pulling through at the end. What, it's been a cakewalk? You trying to say Chicago wasn't a threat to win tonight? A few bounces here and there, who knows?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yes, easily 3-1. These games have been going down to the wire, with Miami pulling through at the end. What, it's been a cakewalk? You trying to say Chicago wasn't a threat to win tonight? A few bounces here and there, who knows?!
I can go along with 2-2 not 3-1

Old 05-24-2011, 10:24 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,885,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
True. I honestly thought Chicago would hit the winning shot in regulation after Lebron was called for that offensive foul with 8 sec left. Also, not having Asik caused Deng and Noah to gas out in the end. A bad break for the Bulls.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:53 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,881,299 times
Bad shot at the end of regulation, they cold have been more creative than that, that was terrible. Rose could have been a great decoy.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,094,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
True. I honestly thought Chicago would hit the winning shot in regulation after Lebron was called for that offensive foul with 8 sec left. Also, not having Asik caused Deng and Noah to gas out in the end. A bad break for the Bulls.
I have nothing to add to that except:

Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,213,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I disagree. You have to put the ball in your best player's hand. I was more surprised at how well Lebron defended him.
But right now, Rose isn't their best player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Bad shot at the end of regulation, they cold have been more creative than that, that was terrible. Rose could have been a great decoy.
Exactly. "Give it to Rose" was as predictable as a lunar eclipse.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:41 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
That...was...brutal. I'm trying to remind myself that the future is still bright for this team, but I hate losing to the biggest clown in sports in Lebron.

Think about this stretch for chicago fans: Bears lose to the hated packers in the NFC title game, Hawks lose a brutal game 7, Bulls probably getting eliminated by the most hated team in the league, and both baseball teams under .500. Siiigh

Old 05-25-2011, 07:32 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I have nothing to add to that except:
You have nothing to add because you are a bandwagoner that showed up in the playoffs.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:37 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
That...was...brutal. I'm trying to remind myself that the future is still bright for this team, but I hate losing to the biggest clown in sports in Lebron.

Think about this stretch for chicago fans: Bears lose to the hated packers in the NFC title game, Hawks lose a brutal game 7, Bulls probably getting eliminated by the most hated team in the league, and both baseball teams under .500. Siiigh
Meh, I don't hate the Heat or Lebron.

All the Heat are doing is collapsing the lane with 4-5 guys and the Bulls aren't kicking it out for a 3 enough....and Korver has fallen apart in the playoffs.

Basically, my one fear for the Bulls....lack of playoff experience (leading to bad decisions, etc) has been a big factor. They managed to overpower earlier teams but here they are.

It's highly unlikely they will win the series now (duh) but to be honest there is no way they beat Dallas so I'm not shedding any tears as frankly they just aren't playing championship calibre ball.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:53 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,247,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Unfortunately Rose has not been earning his MVP title in this series . . . Put it in Deng's hands or Boozer's hands.
That's not really fair. The Heat have been game planning for D-Rose every night. D-Rose is kinda like Mike Vick in the sense that he's nasty when he's free to do what he wants, but can be effectively contained when he becomes the focus of a defense. If Pat Riley could come up with defensive schemes to make life difficult for Jordan, he can certainly come up with some to make life difficult for a 23-year old who's not nearly as unstoppable as His Airness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He maybe their best player but it was a low percentage shot
A low percentage shot? It almost went in. What are you talking about? That shot may have been low percentage for Ronnie Brewer, but that was not a low percentage shot for Derrick Rose. True, it's lower percentage than a dunk, but that's obvious. I thought Rose took a good shot at the end; it just didn't go down.

There's nothing the Bulls could have done differently to make their fans happy. Other than hit the game-winning shot, that is.

If Rose had driven to the hoop (with the defense prepared for just that and ready to take a charge):

"Why didn't he take the J? Miami's help D was clearly ready for him to drive."

If Deng took the shot:

"Why in the world do you not give the MVP of the League the ball in the most critical juncture of the most critical game of the season? Terrible coaching call!"

Last edited by BajanYankee; 05-25-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball