U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:31 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I suspect Lebron will be put in a position of playing closer to the basket for stretches, which will effectively give the Heat another 8+ rebounder under the basket. The Bulls would still have the rebounding edge, but I'm wouldn't say it's an insurmountable mountain to climb. Wade himself is averaging over 6 rebounds this year, so I suspect the Heat will take an 'all hands on deck' approach to rebounding in an attempt to counter the Bulls advantage on the boards.

Frankly the way this playoffs has gone, thank god I'm not a betting man!
This is a fair assessment.

There are a lot of things the Heat can do with their talented starters, the question is just how much energy can those guys exert against the deep, physically active bulls?

Regardless, I look at the Heat and Bulls and both are not without thier flaws. The winner of the series will need to be on their game vs. the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 03:35 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
For the money, I will go with the Bulls because

1. Mike Bibby is inconsistent
2. Big Z is goofy and slow
3. Mike Miller takes up space

So Wade and Lebron will have to do to much and the Bulls have a better bench

Bulls in 6

I'm depending on Dallas to make sure the rophy is not in Chicago

Old 05-15-2011, 03:56 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,854,943 times
bulls in 7. seems like people who dont know much about ball seem to think the big three alone will help the heats win easily.

bulls have every advantage over heats except offense, and a fun fact is rose averaged 29 points a game against them in the regular season.

so im going to make a wise bet and say bulls in 7.

did i forget to mention the heats bench is basically useless?

Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
lakers have not had a bench in 3 years, only this year when the miles and age are catching up was it a glaring weakness.

to me the bigs are the issue for miami. miami is going to let rose get his and do everything they can to stop everyone else. miami in 6
thats wild talk. lakers bench was not all that but to compare it to miami is hillarious.

if im not mistaken miami,s big three are responsible for over 80 percent of the scoring the team does.

one a good night miamis bench wont even score 10 points combined.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Miami wins this in 5 games. They have both talent and experience on their side. Plus, the Boston series has probably made them that much sharper and competitive.

Miami can throw a bunch of different bodies at D-Rose (LBJ, D-Wade, and Chalmers). And Rose is going to have to guard Lebron or Wade some of the time. This series will probably add some wear on him.
not really people forget the celtics were beat up in the first place.

i see it like this heats vs bulls is the heats going against a younger, quicker more up to date celtics.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The Heat beat the Celtics twice (once pretty soundly) with a healthy Rondo. I really don't think his injury was the difference maker in the series.

And I don't think that Chicago presents a higher caliber of competition than Boston. The Celts had four NBA All-Stars this season. Even though Pierce and Allen aren't in their prime, they're still damned good ball players. Besides, Boston's one of those teams whose whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The real test for Miami was getting past Boston.
um yes chicago does present a higher caliber. like johnson said the nba is all about young, speed, and jumpers.

ever since celtics traded away perkins they literally struggled against any nba team you can think of. timberwolves, cavs, bucks , wizards etc.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You won't see Rose or LBJ guarding each other at all this series unless it's a broken play like a fast break. You probably wont even see Wade and Rose guarding each other much either unless foul trouble crops up or just the occasional switch.

FYI, even before Rondo got hurt the Celtics were frankly not the team they once were. I can't think of any poster around here that felt the Celtics were anywhere near thier pre-perkins level.

The Bulls didn't get the #1 seed or the moniker of best defensive team in the NBA by accident. They have the size, athleticism and depth to make Lebron and Wade work.....none of this 15-20 from the field bullcrap that the Celtics were getting lit up with.

We have a lot of posters around here that "like the shiny". They like the "star power" and look right on over guys like Deng (who I think is the equal of Bosh)...Noah (2nd best def. center in the league) and so on because the Bulls run a deep line-up and other than Rose don't have another guy with eye-popping numbers largely due to their ball sharing and minutes sharing.

The Bulls just don't usually look or win "pretty".
i agree no matter how much success the bulls pull of people forget it and continue to sleep on them. i think people are paying way to much attention to the big 3 or shall i say the big 2 of miami.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:49 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
. seems like people who dont know much about ball seem to think the big three alone will help the heats win easily.

Perhaps you're talking about another board? No-one here has said the Heat will win easily.... whoever wins this series will have earned it.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,203,959 times
It's really a shame these two teams have to meet in the conference final, because in reality this matchup is the real contest to determine who is the best team in the NBA, and by extension, which team gets to shred the Mavericks or Thunder in a series of meaningless exhibition games.

My original thought was Heat in 7, but now I'm going Heat in 6. The problem with the Bulls is that they are thoroughly reliant on Rose. Yes, he has a solid supporting cast around him that helps to make him as good as he is, and the Bulls bench is better and more dynamic than the Heat bench. But if Rose gets injured or has a crappy series, there is nobody else who can pick up the slack. By contrast, if James or Wade get hit by a bus tomorrow, the Heat's starting lineup is still at least as strong as the Bulls'. The Heat just has too much talent out on the court, and that talent has finally gelled into an effective, cohesive unit -- which I didn't think was possible with those humongous egos.

Last edited by Drover; 05-15-2011 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's really a shame these two teams have to meet in the conference final, because in reality this matchup is the real contest to determine who is the best team in the NBA, and by extension, which team gets to shred the Thunder in a series of meaningless exhibition games.

My original thought was Heat in 7, but now I'm going Heat in 6. The problem with the Bulls is that they are thoroughly reliant on Rose. Yes, he has a solid supporting cast around him that helps to make him as good as he is, and the Bulls bench is better and more dynamic than the Heat bench. But if Rose gets injured or has a crappy series, there is nobody else who can pick up the slack. By contrast, if James or Wade get hit by a bus tomorrow, the Heat's starting lineup is still at least as strong as the Bulls'. The Heat just has too much talent out on the court, and that talent has finally gelled into an effective, cohesive unit.

I will bet my June and July rent that neither the Heat or Bulls will beat the Mavs in a 7 game series
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball