U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 01:31 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lebron playing inside tends to gum things up for others and just isn't his strength, it's clearly something he needs to work on to improve. It just happens that if you made a list of 10 guys in the NBA that can make Lebron work for his shots the Bulls have 2 of them.
I don't think he gums things up too much, the Heat really don't have a strong post presence, as Bosh is more of a face-up player. But he certainly needs to improve in that area, because as I've said before, I've noted a decline in his speed and agility getting to the rim, which makes it all the easier for a Deng or Taj Gibson to stay in front of him. Frankly, he has no excuse not having a post game. Hell, Wade's post game is better and he's significantly smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
P.S. I personally feel that Deng should be somewhere on the all-defense team. I mean serioulsy, you have the best defense in the league....boozer and rose are not great defenders....and only Noah makes 2nd squad. Um, does note compute....
Compute this one...Kobe Bryant made all-NBA defensive first team this year. Talk about getting by on reputation. Safe to say that accolade has become a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 01:53 PM

28,251 posts, read 26,220,119 times
Whoa. I must admit. I did not see that butt whooping coming. But I still think the Heat will pull this series out. Pat Riley will ensure that this team makes it to the Finals, even if he has to temporarily take over coaching responsibilities from Spoelstra. I bet he's slicking his hair back already.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Rose is going to find a way into the paint, he's too good a slasher. I still think Chalmers should have been starting on him, but just my 2 cents...
Chalmers is a bit of a liability, imo. I question his judgment often times. I'd rather have Bibby in the game.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Chalmers is a bit of a liability, imo. I question his judgment often times. I'd rather have Bibby in the game.
From an experience standpoint yes, but Chalmers athletically can keep up with Rose better than Bibby can. Bibby's jumpshot seems to have gone awry as well, so his value diminishes if he can't be a good spot-up shooter off Wade/Lebron double-teams. Wade and Lebron do most of the playmaking anyways....

Old 05-16-2011, 02:17 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times
The Heat did a GREAT job of keeping Rose out of the lane, he was only able to split the defense and take it to the rack maybe 3 or 4 times, which is insanely low for Derrick. From my POV, it is because they were collapsing on him further out closer to the 3 point line than other teams, which had ripple effect - it kept derrick out of the lane, but also opened up the paint for the Bulls bigs to get good position.

The Bulls are already a better rebounding team than the Heat, so if you open empty out under the backet even sooner in the possesion, it is going to lead for even more offensive rebounds. It's interesting though, I hardly would ever advise a team to sag off Derrick and let him get a head of steam...

It really is pick your poision, in the literal sense of the cliche.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
From an experience standpoint yes, but Chalmers athletically can keep up with Rose better than Bibby can. Bibby's jumpshot seems to have gone awry as well, so his value diminishes if he can't be a good spot-up shooter off Wade/Lebron double-teams. Wade and Lebron do most of the playmaking anyways....
I thought Bibby did a decent job on Rose last night. The help defense kept him out of the lane for much of the first half. I also liked the way they were punishing Rose with hard fouls. I'm not saying they should hurt the guy, but you have to provide some deterrence.

Chalmers' average ball-handling skills, errant passing, and poor judgment could cost the Heat in tight games. He makes a three-pointer and runs back down the court with a fun smile on his face...like a kid who just made a luck shot in Horse. In the meantime, the Bulls go right back on the attack and he's out of position. He's just young, I think, but he needs to learn that you can't take possessions off, especially in the playoffs against good teams.

I agree about Bibby's jumpshot. He just seems to be a more stable option at the point to me...far less erratic than Chalmers.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:28 PM

I think the Heat need to do one thing to turn this series around.

Hustle.

I think the Heat figured they had the Conference title on lock once they vanquished the Celts (I know I thought that). I heard that they were shedding tears in the locker room after Game 5 as if they had already won the Championship. All they needed were a few bottles of champagne for the finishing touches. I think the Bulls' energy and intensity really caught them off guard. It's like they forgot they have to win another eight games before they get to stand on that podium with David Stern.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM

51,880 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think the Heat need to do one thing to turn this series around.

Hustle.

I think the Heat figured they had the Conference title on lock once they vanquished the Celts (I know I thought that). I heard that they were shedding tears in the locker room after Game 5 as if they had already won the Championship. All they needed were a few bottles of champagne for the finishing touches. I think the Bulls' energy and intensity really caught them off guard. It's like they forgot they have to win another eight games before they get to stand on that podium with David Stern.
Yeah, I mean why NOT overlook the team with the higher seed that you lost to every time you played them this season.

This is an insanely bad match-up for the Heat and you will see them lose the rebounding battle every game this series and the Bulls defense will be there even if thier shots aren't falling.

This doesn't mean the talented Heat are going to get run-over but realistically they need to bring a very tight, low-turnover game while the Bulls struggle with their shots.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:08 PM

The Heat's defense is capable of containing the Bull's offense, they need to neutralize them on the boards. There's no way you're going to beat a team if they shoot 20 more times than you do in a game.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,026,879 times
If I was the Heat I would give Dexter Pittman at least a shot out there to see how he does with rebounding..He's a big body..he's young and fresh and if you just put him in for rebounding maybe that will change things a little bit, but I know people will say he's just a rookie....blah, blah, blah...but it doesn't hurt to try and see what happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball