Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the series?
Mavs 12 63.16%
Thunder 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,056,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm still trying figure out why Brandon Haywood is employed

That just shows how bad Eric Dampier was....

Also. Imagine if the trade OKC almost made for Tyson Chandler had went through two years ago. If not for a sore toe, Chandler would have been on this Thunder team, probably with Jeff Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,933,161 times
Quote:
stunned that the thunder came out flat in their first home game
Ya, that was kind of surprising to me as well.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:09 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,271,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Tonight the Mavs played well on both sides of the ball. Too much firepower. I had a feeling that the Thunder comeback will come up short as they lacked poise down the stretch with 2:30 minutes left and down by only 6. They came up empty for 3 straight possessions jacking up bad shots. I guess that happens when you're a young team.
I agree with your assessment. I couldn't believe the jumpers they jacked up when Westbrook was having success penetrating to the rim.

It's become obvious that Westbrook either is going to have to learn how to truly play the point guard position or the Thunder are going to have to slide him over to shooting guard and get a real point guard. The guy is just not a natural distributor of the ball. He also needs to work on improving the consistency of his jump shot. The guy has great raw talent. It will be interesting to see how his game develops from here.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,271,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Tonight the Mavs played well on both sides of the ball. Too much firepower. I had a feeling that the Thunder comeback will come up short as they lacked poise down the stretch with 2:30 minutes left and down by only 6. They came up empty for 3 straight possessions jacking up bad shots. I guess that happens when you're a young team.
If you are the Thunder the Mavs basically shot you out of the gym in the first half with Dirk AND Jason Terry having a bad games.

THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGN.

Even when they are not shoting well the Mavs ball movement and cuts to the basket constantly create scoring opportunities.

I think this game really put a dent in the Thunders confidence. I saw a look on Keven Durant's face in the first half of utter confusion and frustration. That's NOT what you want to see on the best player on your team at any time in a game much less a playoff game.

If the Thunder have any chance of winning this series they are going to HAVE TO WIN game 4.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If you are the Thunder the Mavs basically shot you out of the gym in the first half with Dirk AND Jason Terry having a bad games.

THAT IS NOT A GOOD SIGN.

Even when they are not shoting well the Mavs ball movement and cuts to the basket constantly create scoring opportunities.

I think this game really put a dent in the Thunders confidence. I saw a look on Keven Durant's face in the first half of utter confusion and frustration. That's NOT what you want to see on the best player on your team at any time in a game much less a playoff game.

If the Thunder have any chance of winning this series they are going to HAVE TO WIN game 4.

I agree with your assessment 100%.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,826,177 times
It was obvious that the Mavs did not want the pressure of trying to win a Game 4 down 2-1 in the series on the road by the way the started Game 3. Now the pressure is back on OKC and even if Dallas loses they still took back HCA.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
It was obvious that the Mavs did not want the pressure of trying to win a Game 4 down 2-1 in the series on the road by the way the started Game 3. Now the pressure is back on OKC and even if Dallas loses they still took back HCA.

True. But they almost blew a 23 point lead. The fact that they still hung on to win showed some grit. I think the Thunder bounce back and win game 4 tomorrow night. But it will be very difficult for the Thunder to win it all given they gave up HCA. Mavericks will probably win this in 6.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:43 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
True. But they almost blew a 23 point lead. The fact that they still hung on to win showed some grit. I think the Thunder bounce back and win game 4 tomorrow night. But it will be very difficult for the Thunder to win it all given they gave up HCA. Mavericks will probably win this in 6.
I told someone at my job that it wouldn't surprise me if the Mavs won BOTH games at OKC

Old 05-22-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I told someone at my job that it wouldn't surprise me if the Mavs won BOTH games at OKC
It's very possible, they are very good. I hope whoever wins the West goes on to win the Title game. I think it will probably be the Mavs, although I wouldn't count the Thunder out just yet.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:05 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
It's very possible, they are very good. I hope whoever wins the West goes on to win the Title game. I think it will probably be the Mavs, although I wouldn't count the Thunder out just yet.
Their only hope is to win 2 straight games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball