U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,285,298 times

Advertisements

Shaq????

Vescey reported that a source says TNT will replace Sir Charles with Shaq when he officially retires from the NBA. Well what in the hell would that accomplish? That is basically replacing DUMB with DUMBER and not only that, Shaq's cannot contribute intelligent conversation to any network. How bout replacing Barkley with one of these analysts below?

Steve Smith
Greg Anthony

Defintely not shaq
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
Why replace Barkley period? Why not add Shaq to the mix, can you imagine Shaq and Barkley bouncing off each other?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Why replace Barkley period? Why not add Shaq to the mix, can you imagine Shaq and Barkley bouncing off each other?
No I cannot, i will call Comcast so they can remove TNT from my service and then listen to the games on radio. Two guys who have a stuttering problem trying to have a conversation about basketball?? Are you serious?

Old 05-16-2011, 03:24 PM

I've never noticed Barkley having a stuttering problem, or Shaq. But to each their own.... the TNT NBA half-time show is an award winning segment and most people will tell you it's because of Barkley( and his camaraderie with Kenny Smith). So clearly your view is probably in the minority....but whatever. Shaq is one of the more colorful personalities in NBA history, so I can't imagine anything but fireworks if Shaq was added to the TNT NBA team.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I've never noticed Barkley having a stuttering problem, or Shaq. But to each their own.... the TNT NBA half-time show is an award winning segment and most people will tell you it's because of Barkley( and his camaraderie with Kenny Smith). So clearly your view is probably in the minority....but whatever. Shaq is one of the more colorful personalities in NBA history, so I can't imagine anything but fireworks if Shaq was added to the TNT NBA team.

When someone takes a long time to ake a valid point it usually mean that stuttering was involved.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When someone takes a long time to ake a valid point it usually mean that stuttering was involved.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,027,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Shaq????

Vescey reported that a source says TNT will replace Sir Charles with Shaq when he officially retires from the NBA. Well what in the hell would that accomplish? That is basically replacing DUMB with DUMBER and not only that, Shaq's cannot contribute intelligent conversation to any network. How bout replacing Barkley with one of these analysts below?

Steve Smith
Greg Anthony

Defintely not shaq

Why not keep it the way it is now and add Shaq to do locker room or pregame spots like Craig Seiger? I think that would look funny to see him interviewing players in his own way

Old 05-17-2011, 06:07 AM

Shaq and Barkley, two of the most quotable players ever, would be dynamite on the TNT NBA show. I have no idea what TVSG is talking about with regards to the stuttering...but to each their own.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,945,259 times
Where's the source?

Dumping Barkley would be completely dumb. He is ratings gold. I only watch the half time show because of him and Kenny. Most other half time shows (for any of the sports I watch) I normally leave the room or fast forward through it (based if I DVR or not).

As for Shaq, he would be a great addition to Barkley and gang. I remember when he used to live/play in my hometown (Orlando). He used to see some pretty funny things. I think that would go well with the TNT format.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:04 AM

51,893 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Barkley is great. Not only is he funny and willing to make comments that others are thinking but won't dare say.

On top of that, the guy REALLY knows his basketball and his comments and insights are generally spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or