Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 AM

433 posts, read 873,902 times

Advertisements

get off of Russel Westbrook back already

He is only 22 years old and only been playing the point guard position for a few years... I don't think that he takes too many shots...maybe there are times where Durant needs to at least touch the ball but Westbrook has been made the scape from the start of the playoffs... Kevin Durant has been the leading scorer the last two years with Westbrook... They have plenty of time to gel and win multiple titles...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,937,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post

He is only 22 years old and only been playing the point guard position for a few years... I don't think that he takes too many shots...maybe there are times where Durant needs to at least touch the ball but Westbrook has been made the scape from the start of the playoffs... Kevin Durant has been the leading scorer the last two years with Westbrook... They have plenty of time to gel and win multiple titles...

I haven't watched him enough to know if he is doing what they say he's doing, but I have a good idea that he must be doing something wrong. But he's young, and VERY talented. He'll be fine.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,070,270 times
His problem, which he will eventually solve, is he tends to try to take over to much. If he can relax and involve more team mates, he'll be fine. Durant just needs to demand the ball, they guy is unstoppable. Early in Nowitzki's career, the Dirk, Finley, Nash version of the Mavs....people used to debate who should take the clutch shots. Now we know it should have always been Dirk. Durant is that guy for OKC, not Westbrook.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,871,738 times
Quote:

I have to agree. Why is it that everytime the Thunder lose it's westbrook fault?-lol

Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have to agree. Why is it that everytime the Thunder lose it's westbrook fault?-lol

I don't like excuses either, and he is not the reason for any of their losses. He may have made some boneheaded decisions, but ultimately the team who wins is the team that played better.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I don't like excuses either, and he is not the reason for any of their losses. He may have made some boneheaded decisions, but ultimately the team who wins is the team that played better.

It almost seems like Durant is above criticism

Old 05-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It almost seems like Durant is above criticism
Well, he is a really decent guy. And I mean a REALLY decent guy. IMO, he epitomizes all that is right with professional sports in his attitude and such. I really don't know that he could be criticized so much for anything. He has off nights for sure, and perhaps the media could call him out for that, but they are reluctant to do so because of the aforementioned.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Well, he is a really decent guy. And I mean a REALLY decent guy. IMO, he epitomizes all that is right with professional sports in his attitude and such. I really don't know that he could be criticized so much for anything. He has off nights for sure, and perhaps the media could call him out for that, but they are reluctant to do so because of the aforementioned.
But rather pick on Westbrook instead?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:09 PM

433 posts, read 873,902 times
On first and ten they had three different topics all on Westbrook on how he lost the game...Jalen Rose said he felt like his agent because he has been defending him all playoffs... Skip Bayless has no mercy for anyone lol

Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,458,798 times
Quote:
Skip Bayless has no mercy for anyone lol
Skip Bayless is a real life troll, he is just like some people that like to stir up the posters here, but he does it on national TV. I really dislike him and I don't enjoy his style at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball