U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
So your telling me Erik Spolstra is a better coach than Scott Brooks because the Heat are still in it and the Thunder aren't? Are you telling me Doc Rivers is an idiot or a genius because his team went from losing almost 60 games to a championship within a year ? Get out of here with that garbage.




He's like 6 foot. Is that considered midget these days?

He is 5'11. I thought he was like 5"8 and I don't consider Brooks or Spolstra to be good coaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Garden City, KS
14 posts, read 13,302 times
Reputation: 10
Scott's a terrible coach? Wow. I suppose that's why he lead Oklahoma City to a Western Conference final this year after just two years ago they were the worst team in the NBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 08:27 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_raging_brown View Post
Scott's a terrible coach? Wow. I suppose that's why he lead Oklahoma City to a Western Conference final this year after just two years ago they were the worst team in the NBA.
Because he was responsible for his team losing TWO Big leads two games in a row
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Word Traveler via Haslet TX.
504 posts, read 397,104 times
Reputation: 262
Default Add Erik Spolstra to that list!!!!!!!!!

He reeks of similac, Riley should replace him with himself RIGHT NOW!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
He reeks of similac, Riley should replace him with himself RIGHT NOW!!!!
I told you earlier he was a bad coach. It was proven tonight. That retard never designed a play for Wade to get the ball or for him to bring up the ball
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
 
333 posts, read 704,191 times
Reputation: 267
Quote:
Because he was responsible for his team losing TWO Big leads two games in a row
I didn't agree with all of Brooks' decisions in those games. I thought he could have done better. But the entire team could have done a heck of a lot better, too. The Thunder folded, plain and simple. Experience trumps youth in those kinds of crunch situations, and the Mavs played like pros when it counted.

Realistically, I think Scott Brooks played a big role in getting the Thunder where they are right now. Do adjustments need to be made? Sure. But there is a lot of potential across the board in OKC and I think their performance this year was more than any fan could have expected given recent history.

In my opinion, firing the coach who built this Thunder team would be an incredibly bad idea at this juncture. The team is young and not emotionally grounded. A lot of players are probably upset about the way their season ended - as they should be. But the fundamentals are still solid, and with a little work I think they can be a championship-caliber team next season. Completely disrupting the existing order is not a good move here because the results are very unpredictable and there is more to lose than to gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2011, 11:21 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney_rubble View Post
I didn't agree with all of Brooks' decisions in those games. I thought he could have done better. But the entire team could have done a heck of a lot better, too. The Thunder folded, plain and simple. Experience trumps youth in those kinds of crunch situations, and the Mavs played like pros when it counted.

Realistically, I think Scott Brooks played a big role in getting the Thunder where they are right now. Do adjustments need to be made? Sure. But there is a lot of potential across the board in OKC and I think their performance this year was more than any fan could have expected given recent history.

In my opinion, firing the coach who built this Thunder team would be an incredibly bad idea at this juncture. The team is young and not emotionally grounded. A lot of players are probably upset about the way their season ended - as they should be. But the fundamentals are still solid, and with a little work I think they can be a championship-caliber team next season. Completely disrupting the existing order is not a good move here because the results are very unpredictable and there is more to lose than to gain.

He better make sure that the team doesn't goes in the opposite direction-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top