U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,876,260 times
Reputation: 16189

Advertisements

Never underestimate the NBA for trying to keep ratings high...and keep puck off the map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Never underestimate the NBA for trying to keep ratings high...and keep puck off the map.

ABC and Stern defintely made this posible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Chicago
930 posts, read 1,319,822 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Never underestimate the NBA for trying to keep ratings high...and keep puck off the map.
Keeping the puck off the map? I thought that was Gary Bettman's job.

This series just got a lot more interesting, as I was sure the Heat were going to overpower the Mavs and win in 5 or 6 at the most. I hope I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
The reason the Mavs won was not because of Dirk


Shawn Marion was the MVP

20 Pts/8 Rebs/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Silver Spring, MD/Washington DC
3,451 posts, read 8,153,949 times
Reputation: 2346
I thought the reason (actually reasons) why the Mavericks won were 1) they had mostly good offensive possessions coming down the stretch and 2) the Heat had terrible offensive execution in the last few minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
I thought the reason (actually reasons) why the Mavericks won were 1) they had mostly good offensive possessions coming down the stretch and 2) the Heat had terrible offensive execution in the last few minutes.

The Heat can forget winning this series. I will bet my paycheck they will lose 2 in Dallas or maybe All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Silver Spring, MD/Washington DC
3,451 posts, read 8,153,949 times
Reputation: 2346
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Heat can forget winning this series. I will bet my paycheck they will lose 2 in Dallas or maybe All
Game 3 IMO (and for whatever it is worth, also Greg Anthony's) is absolutely critical for Dallas. The Heat could easily regain control in the series if they can bounce back from tonight's loss and win that game.

I remember back in 1988 when the Lakers and Pistons played in the NBA Finals, the Pistons won Game 1 in LA and went home 1-1 but then lost Game 3. Even though they won Games 4 & 5, they couldn't either Game 6 or Game 7 in LA. I also remember in 1990 when the Pistons and Trail Blazers played in the Finals, Portland grabbed one of the first two games in Auburn Hills but then Detroit won Game 3 on the road and then with that momentum they also won Games 4 & 5 in Portland to win the title.

One final thought - when Miami got blown out by Chicago in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals, everyone wanted to bury the Heat. They responded by merely beating the Bulls 4 straight times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
Game 3 IMO (and for whatever it is worth, also Greg Anthony's) is absolutely critical for Dallas. The Heat could easily regain control in the series if they can bounce back from tonight's loss and win that game.

I remember back in 1988 when the Lakers and Pistons played in the NBA Finals, the Pistons won Game 1 in LA and went home 1-1 but then lost Game 3. Even though they won Games 4 & 5, they couldn't either Game 6 or Game 7 in LA. I also remember in 1990 when the Pistons and Trail Blazers played in the Finals, Portland grabbed one of the first two games in Auburn Hills but then Detroit won Game 3 on the road and then with that momentum they also won Games 4 & 5 in Portland to win the title.

One final thought - when Miami got blown out by Chicago in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals, everyone wanted to bury the Heat. They responded by merely beating the Bulls 4 straight times.

Mike Miller and Hasleem came up small
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Tha 6th Bourough
3,633 posts, read 5,029,323 times
Reputation: 1752
People keep saying scripted..but how is it that Chalmers came up with that 3 in the end? was that scripted too....or does it actually take skill to hit a shot at 3 point range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Tha 6th Bourough
3,633 posts, read 5,029,323 times
Reputation: 1752
This was like a boxing match...MIAMI HEAT won the whole fight up until the last seconds when the other fighter got a lucky knock out punch....if I was Dallas I wouldn't rely on that kind of win in one game to take this whole series....we'll see though....I still feel Miami wins this whole thing in 6 games..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top