U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Crooklyn, New York
28,258 posts, read 26,231,676 times
Reputation: 11716

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidak-apa View Post
Who will win tomorrows game?
Honestly, I can't even call it. I feel like Dallas is working really, really hard whereas the Heat aren't really playing that hard. They are going to have to bring the same effort AND hit about 15 three-pointers to win Game 4. That's the only way I see them pulling it off.

This series reminds me of the Federer-Nadal matchup. Yeah, Fed's a great player, but whenever he comes close to leveling a match with Nadal, Rafa just takes it up a level. That's how I see the Heat. Dallas can try their hardest, but when the Heat throw it into overdrive, the Mavs just can't compete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
The Heat still need one more win in dallas. All they did was take back HCA for the moment. They can't go back to Miami down 2-3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
 
Location: So California
8,548 posts, read 8,872,905 times
Reputation: 4638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Honestly, I can't even call it. I feel like Dallas is working really, really hard whereas the Heat aren't really playing that hard. They are going to have to bring the same effort AND hit about 15 three-pointers to win Game 4. That's the only way I see them pulling it off.

This series reminds me of the Federer-Nadal matchup. Yeah, Fed's a great player, but whenever he comes close to leveling a match with Nadal, Rafa just takes it up a level. That's how I see the Heat. Dallas can try their hardest, but when the Heat throw it into overdrive, the Mavs just can't compete.

Yeah, and it would have helped if someone not named Dirk hit a shot in the last 5 minutes of the game.....
Terry could have won it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
 
10,963 posts, read 8,050,377 times
Reputation: 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Heat still need one more win in dallas. All they did was take back HCA for the moment. They can't go back to Miami down 2-3
Why not?

In 2006 Dallas had these guys down 2-0 and were leading in game three before Dwayne Wade took over.

The pressure is clearly on Dallas. They haven't played welll the past 2 games and if not for an absolutely heroic effort in game 2 they would be down 3-0.

Dallas not only needs to win game 4 they need a strong all-around showing. Guys like Jason Terry and other Dallas players are going to have to step it up on offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Why not?

In 2006 Dallas had these guys down 2-0 and were leading in game three before Dwayne Wade took over.

The pressure is clearly on Dallas. They haven't played welll the past 2 games and if not for an absolutely heroic effort in game 2 they would be down 3-0.

Dallas not only needs to win game 4 they need a strong all-around showing. Guys like Jason Terry and other Dallas players are going to have to step it up on offense.


Because it's not that often that a team will win both games when down 3-2. I think it only happened in 1988 and 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,878,906 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Because it's not that often that a team will win both games when down 3-2. I think it only happened in 1988 and 2010
I believe in 1994 as well, Houston was down 3-2 and came back to win in 7 ( the final game was when John Starks had his infamous 2-17 performance)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 09:05 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I believe in 1994 as well, Houston was down 3-2 and came back to win in 7 ( the final game was when John Starks had his infamous 2-17 performance)

Well that's 3 times in 23 years-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
Reputation: 18436
Interesting series so far. My heart is with the Mavs until they show that owner Cuban. Something about him that makes it hard for me to support his team. Would be good to see Dirk, Jason, and Marion get a ring. They're going to have to earn it big time though.

Still don't care for caveman Lebron. If the Heat win, Wade is the reason. This man has a great deal of character and IMO is better than Lebron. He's more versatile and takes no prisoners. Wade is quiet intensity, one of my favorite players. I also have more respect for Bosh. He's a finesse guy and I like that. He versatile. He's a good free throw shooter. He's got a decent outside shot, especially mid-range. He's effective at posting players, and plays hard defensively. He's a big awkward though and can be faked, but I give him "A" for effort.

Mavs must win game 4 or it's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2011, 04:23 AM
 
Location: Frisco, TX
7,557 posts, read 11,892,589 times
Reputation: 4516
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
(Wade) has a great deal of character...
I think that too until another one of his incessant flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
JL
 
7,351 posts, read 11,880,681 times
Reputation: 7198
This has to be one of the best Finals i have seen in a long time. Games are so close! Gutsy effort by the Mavs after Heat go up by 9 early in 4th quarter. This is also one of the weirdest series. Just when you thought one team had the momentum and control, it quickly vanishes.

Last edited by JL; 06-07-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top