U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:17 AM

4,923 posts, read 4,091,285 times

Advertisements

LeBron: "Today is y'all last day of work. We ain't coming back to this motherf*cker!"

Bron's words to reporters before the game this evening and it looks like he backed it up

The Heat is on a MISSION

(bandwagonjumper)<<--- ME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 06:08 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,652,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Miami in 6..Dallas hasn't played this kind of defense like the Heat has yet..
agreed but we shall see. cuban put in a cheat code and turned dirk into a monster.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:13 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,050 times
I'm going to go with Heat in 6, though I'm having a hard time betting against Dirk. But Lebron appears equally as determined. I think this will be a great,great match-up. While I'm 'picking' the Heat, sentimentally I'd like to see Dirk get his first ring. But Wade being my favorite current player, obviously I want to see him do well. Bit of a conundrum, I may just be a totally neutral observer for this one....

Old 05-27-2011, 06:19 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,093,273 times
Quote:
but defense wins championships...
The best defense is a good offense.

Mavs in 6!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:09 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times
Quote:
rigage?...lol...D-Wade took the team on his back in game 3 and turned that series around and the team gained confidence....The refs didn't help Miami in that series.
Yeah outshooting the Bulls by 15 foul shots in a game that went OT in Miami didn't help at all. Or getting 8 foul shots in 70 seconds when they are way down in the second half last night. Or not giving Rose the same calls Wade/Lebron get. Or not T'ing up LBJ for making his standard *****-face but giving Taj a quick T for the same thing.

Look, Miami should have won because they are more talented but to act like the officials were perfect or even good in this series, or that it balanced out is disingenious.

That reminds me of the guys on ESPN saying the Heat dominated this series, ok I get if 10 years from now people look back and say 4-1, domination, but it's almost like they didnt watch the game at all. This series was far from domination, the Heat had to get insanely hot at the end of this game to win it, if that game is played 10 times that probably only happens once (going 4-4 from 3s in the last few minutes, including a 4 point play). The heat won, but the were not the "far" better team.

Anyways, I voted Mavs in 4, just b/c I hate everything Heat. No way do I think that will actually happen.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah outshooting the Bulls by 15 foul shots in a game that went OT in Miami didn't help at all. Or getting 8 foul shots in 70 seconds when they are way down in the second half last night. Or not giving Rose the same calls Wade/Lebron get. Or T'ing up LBJ for making his standard *****-face but giving Taj a quick T for the same thing.

Look, Miami should have won because they are more talented but to act like the officials were perfect or even good in this series, or that it balanced out is disingenious.
It was balanced. There were tons of no-calls where a foul was committed against a Heat player i.e. Wade's layup where Rose stuck his hand all over him on the way up which caused Wade to miss (announcers even pointed it out). The Bulls play a tight D i.e. up close and personal to Heat players. Of course, there will be more foul shots for the Heat because of this factor. Being close to others normally leads to flops and touching type fouls.

As for this topic, Heat in 6. The Big 3 are finally working really well together. Wade has turned up the heat.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It was balanced. There were tons of no-calls where a foul was committed against a Heat player i.e. Wade's layup where Rose stuck his hand all over him on the way up which caused Wade to miss (announcers even pointed it out). The Bulls play a tight D i.e. up close and personal to Heat players. Of course, there will be more foul shots for the Heat because of this factor. Being close to others normally leads to flops and touching type fouls.

As for this topic, Heat in 6. The Big 3 are finally working really well together. Wade has turned up the heat.
Yeah I dunno, I will say right now I def am having a "bitter table for 1" as Im still pissed the bulls lost. Im sure it clouds my judgement. However, I don't know about using the announcers as your source, Reggie Miller, while a great player was the king of short cuts, cheap shots, flops and anything else bush league in his playing days.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:53 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,444,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
LeBron: "Today is y'all last day of work. We ain't coming back to this motherf*cker!"

Bron's words to reporters before the game this evening and it looks like he backed it up

The Heat is on a MISSION

(bandwagonjumper)<<--- ME
You are correct my friend but the Mavs are full of people on a mission that have been this close to a championship just like LeBron:

Dirk (the mad German) Nowitzki - Ring, Respect, Revenge
Jason Terry - Ring, Revenge
Jason Kidd - RING, RING, RING
Peja Stajokavick - Ring

Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 AM

51,862 posts, read 41,765,307 times
The Mavs are a much more complete team than the Bulls with better scoring and the all-important playoff experience.

I expect a very close series. I give a slight edge to the Mavs.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:08 AM

28,248 posts, read 26,220,119 times
I can't call this series. My head's telling me that the Mavs should win, but my gut's telling me Dirk won't show up for this series. I'm sticking with the Heat.

It's really going to come down to who wants it more: Dirk or Lebron? That's a tough question. This will be an epic battle of wills. I don't think there's any athlete in the world who is as anxious to silence his critics (and so close to doing it) as Lebron James right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball