U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:10 PM

6,836 posts, read 12,853,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Dallas led by 10 in the 3rd qtr of Game 5
no the heat blew that one to because they regained the lead by 4 with 4 minutes remaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM

5,258 posts, read 8,021,320 times
I'm not a Mavs fan but I definitely did not want the egomaniacs in Miami to win!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:19 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,052,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I think the Heat should play Eddie House over Bibby for game 6. Bibby was suppose to be a shooting threat, but he hasn't really put together a shooting streak. Eddie is a better defender than Bibby too though not that much better. Chalmers should really start game 6. Otherwise, it could be a long night for the Heat. They might also consider giving James Jone a few minutes to rest Lebron.
The acquistion of Bibby was in my opinion a failure. He's a guy that SHOULD retire. He's at the end of his effectiveness as an NBA player. If he's not hitting his jump shot he's a liability in just about every other area.

That is one of the things the Heat are going to have address in the off-season. They need more effective bench players and either make Chalmers the point guard of find one that can do a legitimate job of penatrating and creating easier shots of for the big three and is capable of playing some defense. They also need another big man that can rebound and get some points in the paint.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Heat missed 13 Free throws tonight-lol

I still think the Mavs will hold on
One of the huge advantages the Mavericks have had througout playoffs is they are a very good free throw shooting team.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
We'll be back next year. Can't keep a great team down. Eventually, this Big 3 will win. And people will be angry.
I actually agree with you. When people put this season in perspective they will see the Heat came a long way. The first three months of the season the an argument could be made that the Heat were the fourth best team in the Eastern Conference. After that they vied with Chicago for having the best team in the Eastern Conference. The did a great job knocking off the Celtics and personally I thought the Bulls were the best team in the NBA going into the playoffs and they knocked them off.

I think the Heat need more depth, a big man in the 5 spot that rebound on both ends of the court and get 10 points a game, and another offensive threat to come off the bench.

The also need to improve their offensive sets. Right now they use too much isolation and pass on offense. They need more screeen role sets and more point guard penetration to create easier shots for other players on the floor.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,894,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The did a great job knocking off the Celtics and personally I thought the Bulls were the best team in the NBA going into the playoffs and they knocked them off.
I think the Mavs would've swept the Bulls, but that's my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball