U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM

8,531 posts, read 8,869,462 times

Advertisements

Its time to admit the obvious...........

Lebron is not the best player on his team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 AM

FINALS STATS SO FAR:

Dirk 26.5 pts/game 10.25 rebs 2 asts
Marion 15.5 pts/game 6.5 rebs 2.5 asts
Terry 15 pts/game 2 rebs 2.75 asts

Wade 29.5 pts/game 8 rebs 4 asts
Bosh 18.25 pts/game 6.5 rebs 1.5 asts
Lebron 17.25 pts/game 7.25 rebs 6.25 asts

Old 06-08-2011, 07:39 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,720,807 times
How DARE you son, say MJ is second to LeBron!!!! Have you been huffing paint, smoking crack and eatin e. coil???

MJ would never score 8 points in a playoff game, not alone the NBA Finals. He beat the Jazz in game 6 by himself with a cold.

Sir, you are now BANNED from City-Data altogether!!:smack :

Old 06-08-2011, 08:06 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Here's something I posted in another forum, if I may I'll put it here:

I keep hearing about what Lebron did vs what Wade in the conference finals. Yeah Wade struggled, but I never got the impression he was mentally out of the game or lethargic. Lebron played last night with the all the urgency of an early season game in November. THIS IS THE FINALS. This is what separates stars from superstars, and from superstars to Legends. Legacies aren't made in the conference finals, or the first round, or the 2nd round. They're made NOW, and for the most part, a guy that people are trying to compare to Jordan( he of the 6 rings with MVPs to match) has been subpar in 2 finals.

There's a reason why Jordan is considered the best ever, and that's because he brought it when the stakes were highest, even if he had a 'bad' game, he put it on the line, every night. Last night's performance harkened back images of last season's playoff game 5 vs Boston. Lethargic, disinterested, disjointed from the reality of the moment. Lebron is capable of so much more, everyone with eyes can see that, now is the time to show it. WHEN THE STAKES ARE HIGHEST.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 PM

434 posts, read 778,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
"If we learned anything from the last week, it's that the mere suggestion that LeBron James might be a better basketball player than Michael Jordan hurls a huge swath of humanity into apoplexy.

Jordan is the best. How can anyone, let alone Jordan's former Bulls teammate Scottie Pippen, suggest otherwise?

But is Sir Michael really the best basketball player of all time? Others swiftly piped up to mention Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell. Almost as quickly as Pippen backed away from his comment, a debate raged on sports talk shows and online: Who's the best? It was clearly urgent that the world get this sorted out."

Michael Jordan or LeBron James: Who's really the best - chicagotribune.com

Don't fool yourself. Michael was great as a ballplayer. I think LeBron tops him
You are joking right

Old 06-08-2011, 10:19 PM

1,632 posts, read 403,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Scottie should not have backed off the statement. No one wants to say it but it has become increasingly obvious:

Lebron James is better than Michael Jordan. Simple as that.
Is this a joke?

Old 06-09-2011, 07:34 AM

434 posts, read 778,983 times
I got sucked in... I tried not to post in this thread because its completely ridiculous... I couldn't help it... His airness is one of the GREATEST ATHLETES EVER... This thread is like forbidden fruit.... couldn't help it

Old 06-09-2011, 08:53 AM

51,857 posts, read 41,758,040 times
<shrug> Isn't this the same argument that the 5th grader is making in that new Cameron Diaz movie?

Same tired stuff I've had to hear from rabid Lakers' fans for years about Kobe being as good as Jordan and how his game would never drop off until he was like 40 or something lol and so you could easily project Kobe to have blah blah blah.

For now, I think you have to wonder if Lebron will match Kobe's legacy, let alone Jordans. From what I see about Lebron's game he better start working on his post moves because over the next 5+ years as that first step slows he is going to need to change things up..

Old 06-09-2011, 10:45 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,877,543 times
Where's the OP nowadays? Lebron still looking better than Jordan, bro??

Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 PM

The OP's in hiding, while Lebron continues to yell loudly that he was wrong.....even Lebron cant believe he started this thread.....

Lebron is clearly the 3rd best player in this series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball