U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 08:27 PM

152 posts, read 154,094 times

Advertisements

cmon son!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM

1,198 posts, read 2,049,981 times
like I said before, I feel Cleveland has a right to Hate LeBron, but why literally everywhere else?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,202,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I've gotten a few answers to this question from friends. They usually sound like this:

"He was disloyal and abandoned the fans of Cleveland. He could have left town with class, but instead he had a TV special and stabbed the whole city right in the back. Loser."

"Because he teamed up with D-Wade and Bosh [who people say is not that good, but whatever] in their prime to try to shortcut his way to a Championship. Loser."

"Because he thinks he can be better than Michael Jordan. Not."

That's pretty much the tenor of the conversations I have with people about the subject. None of that makes any sense to me.
As a sports fan with not vested interest in James, Cleveland or Miami...the reason I dislike him is your first reason. He left a fan base that loved him, and he had plenty of gas in the tank. No I could see if it was a Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing situation where you have tried for years on years...hell even David Robinson & Jason Kidd finally got theirs...this generation of people are very impatient and I resent instant fixes. It takes time to get things worth while and Lebron James needs to learn this. I have no issue with D Wade, or Bosh...James has a lot of bad karma so he will be a loser until he fixes that.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 PM

5,207 posts, read 6,202,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Lebron is a great athlete... he's a great player. Will probably end up passing Kobe on the greatest players list.

But he's a jerk. A spoiled brat. A punk. A loser. He doesnt have the kinda heart that Jordan had. Jordan got his ass beat for 7 years and took it like a man. He didnt whine. He didnt run. He just got better and better every year. Every year they got one step close even it was just one game. Then finally he was able not only beat the bully's he destroyed them. That's why people LOVE Jordan. He wasnt a #1 overall pick with great hype. He worked hard and made himself the best player in the world. Lebron came in with high expectations. He was the #1 overall pick. He had the deals before playing. He couldnt take the ass-whippings and over come them. Lebron went and got some help for his fights cause he couldnt take it. That's the punk on the block who has to go get his friends. Fight like man...

That's why people hate Lebron...
I hated Jordan, because I wanted to see the other stars get their bling. Like Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton...I like to see everyone get a chance to get one. All these guys play so many seasons its nice to see a grinder get one. I love Jordan now, because after all is said and done, he is a legend. Plus Jordan STAYED with the Bulls & made them a better team instead of leaving. The constant switching of players is a big reason I dont like sports like I used to and Im not that old...I came up during the Bulls run, started watching toward the end of the Lakers-Celtics battles and Watched all finals in a row with my brothers from 90 to maybe 02 or 01 the one where the Lakers beat Allen Iverson...after that the NBA got crappy to me. I watched players like Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Payton, Hardaway, Miller & Ewing ride for their teams and their cities...and never get the big one. It takes four years to get a B.A B.S...more years to get a Masters...more years for the Doc....good things take time there is no EASY WAY. Winning a championship is not like these smart phones and the internet. Once James learns this Ill respect him...right now I dont.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 PM

and why is having a big ego, arrogance, cockiness, worse than committing a violent crime, cheating on your girlfriend or wife?

Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 PM

203 posts, read 288,386 times
I don't understand the disdain for lebron. He played is contract out didn't whine to get traded didn't whine about money. He just wanted to go play somewhere else where he felt he could win.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,684 times
The only place I can see 'really' having issue with Lebron, is Cleveland. And moreso 'how' he left, than the fact that he simply left. Other road crowds across the country booing him was simply 'me too' shenanigans.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:39 PM

seriously, why is LeBron so hated even outside of Cleveland? is it really necessary?

Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 AM

1,742 posts, read 5,002,522 times
Because Lebron made the whole sport look bad

Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 AM

1,362 posts, read 1,567,916 times
I believe it had to do with the unnecessary 1hr Lebron James' decision.

1hr to utter "i will be taking my talents to South Beach."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball