U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 05:52 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,898,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post

We Miami fans hate him because he singlehandedly cost us a title. We had a 2-1 series lead. In game 4, we led by 4 going into the 4th quarter. We led despite LeBron finishing the night with 8 points on 3-11 shooting and Dirk going 6-19. Some of our guys made some poor decisions, but LeBron was **** poor all game and that was the time to jump on it because Dirk wasn't much better. LeBron goes just 5-11, we take a commanding 3-1 lead. Instead, Dallas ties it up 2-2 and wins out.

LeBron couldn't hit a jump shot against Dallas if his life depended on it. 18/7/7 from the best player in the world in the biggest series of his life, scoring less than 20 points in half the games, never getting to the foul line more than 4 times in a game, is completely unacceptable.

Now here's a fresh perspective: A Miami fan's POV post 2011 finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 AM

8,018 posts, read 6,649,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrule View Post
See what people fail to understand is that Lebron was really trying. He just didn't have the skill set available. He is an athlete playing basketball not a basketball player. He still has to learn to move without the ball post up learn a midrange game how to read a defense and how to get people involved and still get yours.
I don't hate Lebron because I don't know him personally but you've got to admit, dude's been in the league for 8 going on 9 years and he still has trouble posting up. If he learned to work the post he would have a ring all ready. Also I'm disappointed with his performance in the finals as well. I thought this was going to be the year he was going to take over considering how bad he played against the Spurs before. Instead Dirk was the guy that really wanted it.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM

1,198 posts, read 2,057,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Cleveland fans hate him because of the way he left. It's one thing if he just signed with another team(no matter which team) and left it at that. He had an entire hour and numerous days dedicated to his decision. That was a huge slap to the face of Cleveland. Basically saying "Yeah I'm leaving, but I'll lead them on for a bit and get some press".

For non-Cleveland fans, they hate him because he's smug, arrogant, and an attention w*ore.

We Miami fans hate him because he singlehandedly cost us a title. We had a 2-1 series lead. In game 4, we led by 4 going into the 4th quarter. We led despite LeBron finishing the night with 8 points on 3-11 shooting and Dirk going 6-19. Some of our guys made some poor decisions, but LeBron was **** poor all game and that was the time to jump on it because Dirk wasn't much better. LeBron goes just 5-11, we take a commanding 3-1 lead. Instead, Dallas ties it up 2-2 and wins out.

LeBron couldn't hit a jump shot against Dallas if his life depended on it. 18/7/7 from the best player in the world in the biggest series of his life, scoring less than 20 points in half the games, never getting to the foul line more than 4 times in a game, is completely unacceptable.
LeBron is hated so much, gets criticized and mocked so much that even Kobe feels sorry for him, Kobe spoke out saying for people to get off LeBron's back

Old 08-25-2011, 10:10 PM

7,792 posts, read 6,224,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I don't think Lebron has ever said that( being better than Jordan). However you have former players like Scottie Pippen and Oscar Robertson uttering those sentiments.
Lebron isn't even on Pippen's level yet. Think about it this way: when jordan was in the league, you KNEW he was the best. Lebron isn't even the best player on his team. Lebron has to get past Wade, Rose, Dirk, and Kobe before we can even begin to discuss a Bird, Magic, Pippen, Robertson comparison. so, Jordan is out of the question.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,771,086 times
I dont hate Lebron either, but I am a little disappointed in him.

This man is a fantastic athlete---a human marvel----he can do things that very few other players in nba history have done.

He does tend to disappear in the playoffs at times, and has trouble adusting to the intensity of defenses in the playoffs.

He is under intense pressure in Miami----the bar is set very high here, and anything short of an nba title will be considered falling short.

Also I think he could have handled his departure a little better---the espn decision special created some negativism. I think he should have just held a press conference in Cleveland to explain his decision locally first.

Lebron is still young----if he goes on to win three or four titles, people will forget about these shortcomings.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:01 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,898,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Think about it this way: when jordan was in the league, you KNEW he was the best.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:42 PM

but why do people outside of Cleveland have to hate him? why was his "The Decision" on ESPN National TV, **** off the whole World? it should have just pissed off Cleveland only

Old 08-27-2011, 01:08 AM

7,792 posts, read 6,224,650 times
Cleveland seems to get the sh*t end of the stick when it comes to sports, but Baltimore has the same problem. The colts left, and the Bullets (now the wizards) left.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 AM

4,112 posts, read 3,841,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
LeBron is hated so much, gets criticized and mocked so much that even Kobe feels sorry for him, Kobe spoke out saying for people to get off LeBron's back

Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 PM

so why does the whole Country, the whole World have to hate LeBron? why do they feel they have a right to hate him when it should be Cleveland only?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball