U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,160,665 times
Reputation: 1616

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sorry, but while Im no Lebron fan....that isn't his fault. Cleveland is a dog-**** franchise that couldn't build anything around him.

Kevin Garnett? (or his other teamate)
Iverson?
Shaq?
Barkley?
Drexler?
Payton?
Malone?
Stoudamire now along with Carmello....

There are many many players that walked to get a ring either early or late career. You cannot hang that one on Lebron. It shows an ignorance of NBA history.

-Garnett was traded.
-Iverson was traded and he took his team to the Finals
-Shaq made the Finals with his original team, but he left for a weaker team. He went for the $$$.
-Barkley was traded
-Drexler was traded and he made the Finals multiple times with Portland
-Payton bolted, but he was already 35
-Malone was 40 and made the Finals multiple times with Utah
-Stoudemire didn't bolt to a contender and Carmelo was traded


None of those guys bolted to another team like LeBron did. LeBron joined two other superstars through free agency, had his own special on ESPN for "The Decision", and is not even the alpha dog on his own team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Santa Ana
1,198 posts, read 2,049,760 times
Reputation: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
-Garnett was traded.
-Iverson was traded and he took his team to the Finals
-Shaq made the Finals with his original team, but he left for a weaker team. He went for the $$$.
-Barkley was traded
-Drexler was traded and he made the Finals multiple times with Portland
-Payton bolted, but he was already 35
-Malone was 40 and made the Finals multiple times with Utah
-Stoudemire didn't bolt to a contender and Carmelo was traded


None of those guys bolted to another team like LeBron did. LeBron joined two other superstars through free agency, had his own special on ESPN for "The Decision", and is not even the alpha dog on his own team.
well let LeBron play how he wants to play, he didn't owe Cleveland anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2011, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Ro cha cha, NY
3,075 posts, read 4,206,012 times
Reputation: 5394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
well let LeBron play how he wants to play, he didn't owe Cleveland anything

Just as we don't need to pet his inadequacies..If he only plays three quarters, he only plays three quarters. Lets stop making prince James out to be the next heir apparent. Because apparently the only "air" he has comes out when he talks. Stop talking and start producing.

You can give a man all the athletic ability in the world, but if he has no heart,...he has no will...Look at Mike Tyson. Was really just a bully. When people stood up to him, he folded...Sort of like Lebron. Got outplayed by a four foot puerto rican..Nothing against Puerto rican's but their not known for their basketball play..Baseballs more their game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Santa Ana
1,198 posts, read 2,049,760 times
Reputation: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Just as we don't need to pet his inadequacies..If he only plays three quarters, he only plays three quarters. Lets stop making prince James out to be the next heir apparent. Because apparently the only "air" he has comes out when he talks. Stop talking and start producing.

You can give a man all the athletic ability in the world, but if he has no heart,...he has no will...Look at Mike Tyson. Was really just a bully. When people stood up to him, he folded...Sort of like Lebron. Got outplayed by a four foot puerto rican..Nothing against Puerto rican's but their not known for their basketball play..Baseballs more their game.
and LeBron is just entering his Prime, everybody is guaranteeing, making it out to be that LeBron will never get a ring, what are all of you people fortune tellers or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2011, 12:02 PM
 
9,029 posts, read 16,436,151 times
Reputation: 6814
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
-Garnett was traded.
-Iverson was traded and he took his team to the Finals
-Shaq made the Finals with his original team, but he left for a weaker team. He went for the $$$.
-Barkley was traded
-Drexler was traded and he made the Finals multiple times with Portland
-Payton bolted, but he was already 35
-Malone was 40 and made the Finals multiple times with Utah
-Stoudemire didn't bolt to a contender and Carmelo was traded


None of those guys bolted to another team like LeBron did. LeBron joined two other superstars through free agency, had his own special on ESPN for "The Decision", and is not even the alpha dog on his own team.
You do realize James made the finals with his original team as well, right?

Just curious as you seem to be trying to make a point that other guys got to the finals with their original team as some kind of differentiating factor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2011, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Santa Ana
1,198 posts, read 2,049,760 times
Reputation: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
You do realize James made the finals with his original team as well, right?

Just curious as you seem to be trying to make a point that other guys got to the finals with their original team as some kind of differentiating factor
well he got impatient, he had every right to leave Cleveland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2011, 02:50 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,160,665 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
You do realize James made the finals with his original team as well, right?

Just curious as you seem to be trying to make a point that other guys got to the finals with their original team as some kind of differentiating factor

The other guys didn't bolt to a team with 2 top 10 players in their primes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Santa Ana
1,198 posts, read 2,049,760 times
Reputation: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
The other guys didn't bolt to a team with 2 top 10 players in their primes.
well LeBron is not them, let him play how he wants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
 
1,833 posts, read 2,160,665 times
Reputation: 1616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
well LeBron is not them

And he never will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Santa Ana
1,198 posts, read 2,049,760 times
Reputation: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
And he never will be.
and are you sure he will never get a ring? can you promise that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top