U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,159,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
and are you sure he will never get a ring? can you promise that?

I can't promise you're going to wake up tomorrow morning. But until he wins 16 playoff games in one postseason, he is not an NBA champion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM

1,198 posts, read 2,048,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I can't promise you're going to wake up tomorrow morning. But until he wins 16 playoff games in one postseason, he is not an NBA champion.
yeah well everybody makes it out to be that LeBron is never going to get a ring

Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM

904 posts, read 1,634,830 times
I'm a Cavs fan...in fact, I live less than 25 minutes from Akron, OH. I saw LeBron play in high school and went to countless Cavs games while he was there.

I do not hate LeBron. What I hate is the way he went about leaving Cleveland. But, I still have a soft spot for him. I hope he eventually wins a ring. I think he's over-analyzed and over-criticized, but some of that may be some backlash at how he selfishly went about the whole free agency thing.

I think the sooner the Cavs get better, the sooner Cleveland moves on from the LeBron free agency fiasco. And the sooner LeBron wins a ring, the sooner people will get off his back.

Just my thoughts.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I'm a Cavs fan...in fact, I live less than 25 minutes from Akron, OH. I saw LeBron play in high school and went to countless Cavs games while he was there.

I do not hate LeBron. What I hate is the way he went about leaving Cleveland. But, I still have a soft spot for him. I hope he eventually wins a ring. I think he's over-analyzed and over-criticized, but some of that may be some backlash at how he selfishly went about the whole free agency thing.

I think the sooner the Cavs get better, the sooner Cleveland moves on from the LeBron free agency fiasco. And the sooner LeBron wins a ring, the sooner people will get off his back.

Just my thoughts.
yeah, winning solves just about everything if you are a Professional Athlete, if you are a post-season failure, choke artist, people laugh at you, make fun of you, when you win a ring, people worship you, kiss your ass

Last edited by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople; 11-01-2011 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 11-03-2011, 11:21 AM

8,545 posts, read 8,872,905 times
from Shaq's new book:

There's no question in Game 5 LeBron was kind of out of it. … I always believed he could turn it on at any moment, but for some reason he didn't. Not against the Celtics in 2010 and not against the Mavericks in 2011. It was weird. It's one thing to be a passer, but you are supposed to be the One. I'm watching him play against Dallas, and they're swinging the ball and they get him a perfect open look — and he's kicking it to Mario Chalmers(notes). Makes no sense.

Old 11-04-2011, 03:17 PM

3,015 posts, read 4,191,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
and LeBron is just entering his Prime, everybody is guaranteeing, making it out to be that LeBron will never get a ring, what are all of you people fortune tellers or what?

I don't think anyone is saying Lebrick will "never" win a ring. He has Dwayne Wade on his team. That's good for at least two. We're saying, simply that he hasn't won one yet...Simple..See how that works. Two plus two equals four..Why do you blame people for bashing him for celebrating like a clueless jer k off and claiming not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, etc, etc rings that they will have...How about this you fourth quarter disappearing act...How about just one? Just one. Before you annoint yourself the greatest of all time, can you do just that for yourself, even with Wade...Having Wade alone will almost guarantee Lebrick two. But I doubt that he ever gets more than that...

By the way, you did see Lebron get outplayed by that little four foot guy from Dallas last year right? I mean, you do have cable. I can't even recall his name, but I remember...How many rings did that guy guarantee? Just wondering. And you might as well change your username to Lebronisagod, because apparently you think he is. The rest of us have been watching some other bum play for three quarters for seven years..Hmm, interesting..Very interesting..

Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,307,289 times
LeGone will likely win a Ring when he is 40 as a scrub on some powerhouse team

Old 11-06-2011, 11:31 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,159,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
LeGone will likely win a Ring when he is 40 as a scrub on some powerhouse team

He'll have been in the league more than 20 years if he's still around.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 AM

404 posts, read 1,005,947 times
I never really liked him because he was treated like Jesus starting in high school and even middle school. He was praised as the second coming of Michael Jordan years before he even stepped foot on an NBA court. He landed HUGE endorsements before he even proved himself in the NBA. Even being mentioned as being equal or better than Kobe Bryant 3 years ago. Remember those Nike puppet commercials? Those comparisons ceased after Kobe won his 4th ring

I respect his accomplishments and that he lived up to expectations but it's good to see him face some adversity after being put on a pedestal by the media.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloi3eai2 View Post
I never really liked him because he was treated like Jesus starting in high school and even middle school. He was praised as the second coming of Michael Jordan years before he even stepped foot on an NBA court. He landed HUGE endorsements before he even proved himself in the NBA. Even being mentioned as being equal or better than Kobe Bryant 3 years ago. Remember those Nike puppet commercials? Those comparisons ceased after Kobe won his 4th ring

I respect his accomplishments and that he lived up to expectations but it's good to see him face some adversity after being put on a pedestal by the media.
and Kobe used to be hated before he won his 4th ring, overall his first without Shaq, now everybody loves him, it's amazing on how winning solves things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball