Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:52 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times

Advertisements

How about a nationally televised show where he stuck it to his home team. The ego-maniac created a prime time show annoncing he was going to Miami. Why not just do what everyone else does and pick and choose whoever? No,not Lebron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 09:17 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
How about a nationally televised show where he stuck it to his home team. The ego-maniac created a prime time show annoncing he was going to Miami. Why not just do what everyone else does and pick and choose whoever? No,not Lebron.
Look back at history, even that same offseason, and all the big players announce where they go via ESPN. Granted, most do this just on Sportscenter, not get their own special like Lebron got. But I saw Bosh's announcement on Sportscenter, I saw Shaq's when he abandoned us in Orlando on TV as well. The only thing in that whole process that I felt was done incorrectly was him not telling the Cavs franchise prior to the announcement that he was not returning.

Beyond that, no matter how Lebron was telling Cleveland he was leaving they were going to be hurt. New York fans can be butthurt too since they put all their marbles for him, only to get subpar superstars instead; especially, since their franchise has been tanked for years since Ewing/crew peace'd out.

As for OP original question, everybody loves to hate the guy on top.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Kinda like the Nike, Gatorade, and Wheaties commericals Mike was making while the Pistons and the Celtics were routinely putting his Bulls out of the playoffs. I got ya.
First off your rebuttal to the Mike never celebrating too soon of a game is about his endorsements? I'm sure you understand how ridiculous that is... How can you even rationally think a company like Gatorade who Jordan works for wanting to put out ads is him celebrating. Ditto for Wheaties? but we'll all play along with you...

O, and the "Be Like Mike" commercials started in '92... when he was on his 2nd NBA Championship run, NOT when he was losing to the Pistons & Celtics... So they were not premature. And being on the cover of Wheaties has nothing to do with celebrating... complete mute point.

Mike NEVER quit in ANY game... and he NEVER ran off the court without shaking hands with the opponent after a playoff series. *Bonus* He never danced on the sidelines celebrating during a game either... ie "Bulls vs Cavs" 2 years ago during the game...

Lebron is a great athlete... he's a great player. Will probably end up passing Kobe on the greatest players list.

But he's a jerk. A spoiled brat. A punk. A loser. He doesnt have the kinda heart that Jordan had. Jordan got his ass beat for 7 years and took it like a man. He didnt whine. He didnt run. He just got better and better every year. Every year they got one step close even it was just one game. Then finally he was able not only beat the bully's he destroyed them. That's why people LOVE Jordan. He wasnt a #1 overall pick with great hype. He worked hard and made himself the best player in the world. Lebron came in with high expectations. He was the #1 overall pick. He had the deals before playing. He couldnt take the ass-whippings and over come them. Lebron went and got some help for his fights cause he couldnt take it. That's the punk on the block who has to go get his friends. Fight like man...

That's why people hate Lebron...

Old 06-04-2011, 09:59 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Look back at history, even that same offseason, and all the big players announce where they go via ESPN. Granted, most do this just on Sportscenter, not get their own special like Lebron got. But I saw Bosh's announcement on Sportscenter, I saw Shaq's when he abandoned us in Orlando on TV as well. The only thing in that whole process that I felt was done incorrectly was him not telling the Cavs franchise prior to the announcement that he was not returning.

Beyond that, no matter how Lebron was telling Cleveland he was leaving they were going to be hurt. New York fans can be butthurt too since they put all their marbles for him, only to get subpar superstars instead; especially, since their franchise has been tanked for years since Ewing/crew peace'd out.

What are you freaking kidding me? You're going to compare a sportscenter report to a scheduled prime-time special? This was the biggest, CURRENT, ego-maniac confirming his status, while all the suckers watched.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,236,138 times
It's weird, I hate (in a sports sense) Kobe, mainly for what he did to my Kings in the early 00's. But, I respect him, I think he's the 3rd best player I've seen play with my own eyes (Following Jordan and Shaq). With Lebron, I respected, even liked him when he played for Cleveland. But going to Miami, and teaming up with two other stars like Boston did, is very Yankee-ish. And I hate the Yankees......

Not to mention, Jordan was and ego maniac, but he was so cool it didn't matter. Lebron is a ego maniac, but comes across as a spoiled, chip on his shoulder (even though he had the world handed to him) douche bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Not true, no one hated him before he pulled all that garbage, and since then acted like it's him against the world, like he's the one that should be mad.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
We created the monster when you think about it. He was given the nickname 'King' in high school, was given a 90 million dollar contract from Nike before ever stepping foot on a basketball court. It was pretty inevitable that an over-inflated view of himself was going to come from being given too much, too soon....

Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 AM

326 posts, read 871,643 times
Lebron is overrated. Plain and simple. Is he the best player in the NBA right now? Yeah, probably. But the difference between the so-called "King" and the others contending for that role just isn't that big. There are a lot of great players who get much less airtime but are only very marginally less talented.

Just look at the Heat. In my opinion, Wade is the leader in that organization. The team could be successful without Lebron, but it could not be what it is without Wade.

I don't have a problem with his decision to leave Cleveland. I do have a problem with the way he gave up on them while he was still a player.

Lebron acts like a jerk. I don't know him personally, so I can't confirm whether that is the case.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:44 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,475 times
He got tired of carrying a terribad team where he had noreal support around him. What the Cavs did this year proves how bad the support was.

He wanted to win. So he went to a team that had a respectable talent.
At the end it was a good...no it was a Awesome choice. He will get his Rings.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:18 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,194,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
He got tired of carrying a terribad team where he had noreal support around him. What the Cavs did this year proves how bad the support was.

He wanted to win. So he went to a team that had a respectable talent.
At the end it was a good...no it was a Awesome choice. He will get his Rings.
Traitor.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:30 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney_rubble View Post
Just look at the Heat. In my opinion, Wade is the leader in that organization. The team could be successful without Lebron, but it could not be what it is without Wade.
Wade is the leader because Lebron and Bosh gave it to him since it was HIS team prior.

Heat prior to Lebron/Bosh with better role players: 47-35; first round knock out
Heat with Lebron/Bosh with worse role players: 58-24; in NBA Championship 1-1.

Being a first round knockout is not what I consider successful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71
What are you freaking kidding me? You're going to compare a sportscenter report to a scheduled prime-time special? This was the biggest, CURRENT, ego-maniac confirming his status, while all the suckers watched.
A 15 minute interview on Sportscenter is more than just a "sportscenter report". For example, below was Shaq's 10+ minute "decision" on joining LA(starting around 1:40)...

YouTube - ‪"The Original Decision" Shaq to LA‬‏

Because it was Lebron and everyone thought they had him, his special (i.e. planned) stung that much harder when his decision was revealed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball