U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,073,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
LeBron's a frontrunner. His best play comes while his teams are up and rolling.

Players like Jordan, Kobe and Dirk have built their reps while the pressure was on.

Case in point; I remember LeBron chest thumping Wade down the court during the premature Heat celebration in Game 2. Then completely disappearing over the next 7 minutes.
The NBA playoffs matchups this year against the Heat and Boston and the Heat and the Bulls pretty much refutes anybody's contention that LeBron can't be clutch.

Also LeBron pretty much carried the Cavs on his back during their playoff runs.

The guys is a little cocky but guess what most guys who are successful in the NBA are a little cocky.

Walt Frazier was cocky

Earl Monroe was cocky

Wilt Chamberlin was cocky

Rick Barry was cocky

Michael Jordan was cocky

Larry Bird was cocky

Shaq was cocky

Kobe Bryant is cocky AS HELL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,073,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
I said after he went to the Heat, I really hope he never gets a ring. To me, that would be the ultimate justice--giving up on his home town, taking the easy way out, celebrating like they won a championship before they even played a game, saying they are going to win "4? 5? 6? 7?" rings, and then for him to not win anything, that to me would just be the definition of poetic justice. And then I watched them steam roll Philly, Boston & Chicago and I thought, damn, they are going to win it all. And after they won game 1 and were up big in game 2, I thought, ok, maybe he'll just get one ring but hopefully no more. And wouldn't you know it, they gave up on the game, again celebrated before they won anything, and now the series is 1-1, Dallas has home court advantage for the rest of the series, and maybe he won't get his ring this year and maybe he'll never get it. That's what I'm hoping for...

MJ won 6 rings because he learned how to play the game. Kobe won 5 because he learned how to play the game. It's not about dancing, it's not about going one on one and firing up bad shots, it's not about celebrating before you've done anything.
I well as I type this Miami just went up 2 games to 1 in the NBA Finals. I guess they learned their lesson about not celebrating too soon.

I really don't know what you are talking about LeBron fiing up bad shots. He's not for not being a selfish player. In fact the success that Heat are having are predicated on him sharing the ball with his teamates.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM

199 posts, read 427,058 times
I dont know why people are calling LeBron a super-egoistic player. He has the type of personality where he likes getting attention but that doesn't go hand in hand with being egoistical. In fact LeBron without hesitation when asked who's the best player in the league said Kobe, do you think Kobe would ever say anyone either than himself to be the best basketball player. Also he chose to go to a team and play unselfish with great players (Wade and Bosh) without any type of ego problems messing up their chemistry. Even Paul Pierce is easily more full of himself calling himself one of the best three point shooters of all times and all this stuff but no one hates him. Shaq himself is also more egoistical, thats why Miami didn't want him this off season because he would probably whine about not having plays called for him. I mean he did bash Mo Williams for having more plays called than himself and yet everyone seems to ignore that. LeBron has never bashed any teammates and has never punched his teammates in the face (cough Jordan). Also Jordan was getting eliminated for 7 years because he had no help until Pippen arrived, he didn't do it by himself like a lot of you guys are making it sound. LeBron's Robin was a toss up between Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison yea they sure are Scottie Pippens.

Point is if LeBron would have decided to stay in Cleveland, they would have gotten eliminated by either the Bulls or Celtics this year and so would Miami. It is clear that Miami would not be in the finals right now if it weren't for LeBron (Wade basically vanished for most of the Celtics-Bulls series). They are not a super team like everyone makes them out to be, their just mad that LeBron didn't go to their team.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:45 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,376,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post

Point is if LeBron would have decided to stay in Cleveland, they would have gotten eliminated by either the Bulls or Celtics this year and so would Miami. It is clear that Miami would not be in the finals right now if it weren't for LeBron (Wade basically vanished for most of the Celtics-Bulls series). They are not a super team like everyone makes them out to be, their just mad that LeBron didn't go to their team.
Hmm, interesting. Are you saying the Miami Heat are a one man show? Bosh had MONSTER games vs the Bulls and Wade has had big games in the finals. They are where they are because of their big 3, not their big 1.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 PM

199 posts, read 427,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Hmm, interesting. Are you saying the Miami Heat are a one man show? Bosh had MONSTER games vs the Bulls and Wade has had big games in the finals. They are where they are because of their big 3, not their big 1.
I clearly didnt say that lol. I said they would not be able to beat Boston or Chicago if they didn't have LeBron, that doesn't equate to LeBron could beat those teams by himself. Stop putting words in other peope's mouth

Old 06-06-2011, 08:00 AM

1,742 posts, read 5,011,029 times
So we established that Lebron is a punk, but what about that Bosh. Doesn't he look like a dinosaur?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:24 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,013,450 times
Because he's black fool!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,376,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
I clearly didnt say that lol. I said they would not be able to beat Boston or Chicago if they didn't have LeBron, that doesn't equate to LeBron could beat those teams by himself. Stop putting words in other peope's mouth
I literally wrote it in the phrase of a question, how did I put words in your mouth? Defensive over a simple question?

Quote:
Hmm, interesting. Are you saying the Miami Heat are a one man show?

Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,211,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The NBA playoffs matchups this year against the Heat and Boston and the Heat and the Bulls pretty much refutes anybody's contention that LeBron can't be clutch.

Also LeBron pretty much carried the Cavs on his back during their playoff runs.

The guys is a little cocky but guess what most guys who are successful in the NBA are a little cocky.

Walt Frazier was cocky

Earl Monroe was cocky

Wilt Chamberlin was cocky

Rick Barry was cocky

Michael Jordan was cocky

Larry Bird was cocky

Shaq was cocky

Kobe Bryant is cocky AS HELL!
But NONE had a prime time special about their free agency. That's why he's the king. King-Ego

Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,579,262 times
I don't care for his behavior in acting as though he's the center of attention and the best player in the league immediately upon entering the NBA. I don't care for his style of play either. To me, he's a grunt. He looks and plays like a caveman, constantly on the line from charging to the basket just to collect a foul. He plays ugly. Yes, he's effective, but not my kind of player.

Frankly, I think Wade is better. Wade is more versatile, has more heart, is better in the clutch, and gives that team character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball