U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 09:59 PM

1,235 posts, read 4,555,584 times

Advertisements

I used to like him when he was in Cav's, and I am a Laker's fan. Didn't mind the "king" or the powder throwing. But that news conference and decision on what he is going to do with his "talent" did it for me. If you watch that news conference with shaq, you will see the difference, 75% of the time he is praising the Magic. We all change jobs, but the day you move on from your burger flipping gig, you don't rub it in the face of the owner and co-workers. You show up, thank them and let them know you are moving on. You call them every week for the 1st 3 months just to say hi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:47 PM

530 posts, read 2,590,045 times
Taking his talents to South Beach where he goes for 8 points on 3-11 shooting in the biggest game of the year; took exactly one shot in the entire 4th quarter. King? Please. D. Wade is so far superior to him it's a joke.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 PM

28,266 posts, read 26,242,183 times
Wade is clearly the MVP in this series. He has real cojones to step up in the lane and contest the Bigs.

Lebron wins the Oscar for best supporting superstar.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 PM

1,235 posts, read 4,555,584 times
Did Lebron play tonight?! I thought Dirk was sick with fever.

I always liked Wade, he is a great player and a better human, only reason I am rooting for Dallas is Lebron.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:38 PM

999 posts, read 1,470,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
Did Lebron play tonight?! I thought Dirk was sick with fever.

I always liked Wade, he is a great player and a better human, only reason I am rooting for Dallas is Lebron.
Same here. I actually used to like Miami, until Lebron showed up. I actually would have still been rooting for the Heat (except when they played Chicago). What I didn't like was how Lebron left Cleveland and the disgusting event they had claiming all the championships they would have, and blah blah. If Lebron would have been more humble and not such a attention *****, everyone look at me because I am so important type of person, I would have still been rooting for Miami. I think a lot more people would too.

Honestly, I don't like Kobe, but I have respect. I used to not like Lebron either and I used to have respect for him. However, since he came to Miami, I lost all respect. I really hope that he fails and never gets a ring.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,053,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Wade is clearly the MVP in this series. He has real cojones to step up in the lane and contest the Bigs.

Not a bad role to play if it leads to a championship.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

So MVP that he can't catch a ball in the clutch...

As for supporting role, you do realize Lebron leads the team in about every category. Just thought I would mention that.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,879,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

As for supporting role, you do realize Lebron leads the team in about every category. Just thought I would mention that.

Not so much!

Finals stats for Heat:

Wade 29.5 pts/game 8 rebs 4 asts
Bosh 18.25 pts/game 6.5 rebs 1.5 asts
Lebron 17.25 pts/game 7.25 rebs 6.25 asts

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 PM

1,632 posts, read 403,568 times
I personally don't care where he went (although he could of been nice enough not to waste an entire half or whole hour on ESPN during primetime to announce where he was going) ...but he's a flopper!

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 AM

530 posts, read 2,590,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post

Wade has been unreal in the Finals. Lebron has been invisible. Bottom line. I suspect tonight Lebron will force things and probably put up big numbers but I also suspect the team will struggle as a result. And that's typical--he knows his reputation is on the line and that is going to be more important to him than the final result. I almost wonder if he'd rather have a big night and lose than have another low scoring night and win.

And another thing--he is now complaining about EVERY CALL that goes against him. He makes that shocked/surprised face and puts his hands up and looks towards the bench after every call against him. So lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball