U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:04 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,951,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Not so much!

Finals stats for Heat:

Wade 29.5 pts/game 8 rebs 4 asts
Bosh 18.25 pts/game 6.5 rebs 1.5 asts
Lebron 17.25 pts/game 7.25 rebs 6.25 asts
Yearly Stats including playoffs:

Per Game...
Lebron 26.7 pts, 7.5 reb, 7 ast, 1.6 steals, FG% 51%, 3pt% 33%
Wade 25.5 pts, 6.4 reb, 4.6 ast, 1.5 steals, FG% 50%, 3pt% 30%

Advanced...
Lebron TS% 59.4%, WS/48 0.244
Wade TS% 58.1%, WS/48 0.218

In case you didn't know what TS% or WS/48 are
Spoiler

TS% = True Shooting % - factors in 2pt, 3pt, and free throws
WS/48 = Win Shares per 48 minutes of play - how many wins attributed to their play

So yes, Lebron leads the team in about every category. Wade is good statistically but he is not posting Lebron numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 AM

530 posts, read 2,596,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Yearly Stats including playoffs:

Per Game...
Lebron 26.7 pts, 7.5 reb, 7 ast, 1.6 steals, FG% 51%, 3pt% 33%
Wade 25.5 pts, 6.4 reb, 4.6 ast, 1.5 steals, FG% 50%, 3pt% 30%

Advanced...
Lebron TS% 59.4%, WS/48 0.244
Wade TS% 58.1%, WS/48 0.218

In case you didn't know what TS% or WS/48 are
Spoiler

TS% = True Shooting % - factors in 2pt, 3pt, and free throws
WS/48 = Win Shares per 48 minutes of play - how many wins attributed to their play

So yes, Lebron leads the team in about every category. Wade is good statistically but he is not posting Lebron numbers.
Have you watched any of the Finals games? To compare these 2 players based on what they did in the regular season is fine, but there is no comparison based on what they are doing in the Finals, i.e., when it counts. Wade is a much better player. Period.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,532,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
LeBron's a frontrunner. His best play comes while his teams are up and rolling.

Players like Jordan, Kobe and Dirk have built their reps while the pressure was on.

Case in point; I remember LeBron chest thumping Wade down the court during the premature Heat celebration in Game 2. Then completely disappearing over the next 7 minutes.
To elaborate on your point, while playing on the team that led the league in point differential, LeBron finished 2nd in minutes played per game. I'm sure there were times he was whoopin' it up against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 AM

8,563 posts, read 8,908,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Have you watched any of the Finals games? To compare these 2 players based on what they did in the regular season is fine, but there is no comparison based on what they are doing in the Finals, i.e., when it counts. Wade is a much better player. Period.

Thats the point.

He may still prove everyone wrong, but not yet. Wade looks way better, and did on the olympic team too. Im sure thats when Lebron decided he wanted to play with that guy....

Old 06-09-2011, 10:40 AM

19,453 posts, read 17,554,197 times
I always respected him as a player and even moreso since he seemed to avoid falling into trouble being so young and having so much fame and money. His mother was another story, but that's a different topic.
But he's a douche. He could have left Cleveland and just said: " It's the money I'm saving 10 or 15 million dollars by moving to florida. Its that I want a championship ring and I won't get one with the Cavaliers. Its business, they want to pay me more and they have a team designed to win. I wish the Cleveland fans well but have tio do whats best for me. I hope they can resepct that and no hard feelings."
But he acted like a pompous clown and completely disrepected his former fans with that idiotic special. I don't hate the guy I still think he's a great player But he's ONLY a basketball player, nothing more. Shaq was a great player but he was also a douche. Kobe's pretty much a douche. You can be a great player and still be a douche. Why waste respect and admiration on guys that don't deserve it?

Old 06-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I have watched more than just the Finals. You have to make the Finals and you make the Finals by Lebron doing Lebron.

Chicago Series
Lebron 25.8pts, 7.8 reb, 6.6ast, 2.4 stl
Wade 18.8pts, 6.4 reb, 2.2ast, 1.6 stl

Would you like Boston and Philly series numbers too so I can show you that he also posted the most numbers in those series too?

If Wade was the much better player, he would have caught a simple inbound pass. End of Story.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:48 PM

434 posts, read 780,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
So we established that Lebron is a punk, but what about that Bosh. Doesn't he look like a dinosaur?
He looks like a Toronto Raptor

Old 06-09-2011, 03:57 PM

8,563 posts, read 8,908,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I have watched more than just the Finals. You have to make the Finals and you make the Finals by Lebron doing Lebron.

Chicago Series
Lebron 25.8pts, 7.8 reb, 6.6ast, 2.4 stl
Wade 18.8pts, 6.4 reb, 2.2ast, 1.6 stl

Would you like Boston and Philly series numbers too so I can show you that he also posted the most numbers in those series too?

If Wade was the much better player, he would have caught a simple inbound pass. End of Story.

Wade was hurt. Nobodys saying Lebrons not a great player, he's just not Jordan and has yet to prove he's a big game player.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Wade was hurt. Nobodys saying Lebrons not a great player, he's just not Jordan and has yet to prove he's a big game player.
Wade hurt... excuses. I guess he was hurt all season and during the Boston and Philly series too... huh

Lebron proved it to me a couple years back that he was a big game player when he single handly almost beat my Magic in the playoffs. Here was how one game ended. His shot was so clutch, so money (starts around 1:20)

YouTube - ‪LeBron James 3 point Last second shot Vs Magic Game 2 WINNER!!!!!‬‏

Old 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,375,374 times
Quote:
This is BS to me. I'll take the larger sample over "when it counts" 100% of the time when evaluating a player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball