U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM

530 posts, read 2,588,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I have watched more than just the Finals. You have to make the Finals and you make the Finals by Lebron doing Lebron.

Chicago Series
Lebron 25.8pts, 7.8 reb, 6.6ast, 2.4 stl
Wade 18.8pts, 6.4 reb, 2.2ast, 1.6 stl

Would you like Boston and Philly series numbers too so I can show you that he also posted the most numbers in those series too?

If Wade was the much better player, he would have caught a simple inbound pass. End of Story.
I don't disagree, he was very good vs. Chicago. But you cannot argue that he has disappeared in the Finals. Even tonight, he is playing passive. He passed the ball twice out of a post up to Juwan Howard!

Lebron once scored 25 pts in a quarter in the playoffs earlier in his career. I was absolutely in awe of him. Where is that guy? Haven't seen him once in this series, in the biggest games of his career. Let's see what he does in the 2nd half with Wade hurt.

If I have to pick one player, I pick Wade. Wade absolutely carried the Heat in Game 4 and you are killing him over one play?! Heat wouldn't have even been in that position at the end of the game if it weren't for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 PM

530 posts, read 2,588,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
This is BS to me. I'll take the larger sample over "when it counts" 100% of the time when evaluating a player.
I don't agree, but I guess the bigger point is name another star player who has disappeared in the Finals like Lebron. Was there ever a moment where anyone questioned MJ's ability in the clutch? Kobe? Magic? Bird? Amazing players in the regular season and amazing players in the post season.

Lebron in the finals so far--24, 20, 17 & 8 pts. Throw in what happened vs. the Celts last year and you really have to start questioning if he can deliver in the clutch. Still plenty of opportunities in this series for him to prove me wrong...

Old 06-09-2011, 11:14 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,781,929 times
Jim Rome's tweet tonight was epic:
"Lebron tweeted last night, "Now or Never." Never, I guess. Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. Zero."

Still rolling around laughing.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:38 PM

8,531 posts, read 8,871,044 times
Quote:
Wade hurt... excuses. I guess he was hurt all season and during the Boston and Philly series too... huh

Lebron proved it to me a couple years back that he was a big game player when he single handly almost beat my Magic in the playoffs. Here was how one game ended. His shot was so clutch, so money (starts around 1:20)
wow, he single handedly "almost" beat your Magic.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,239,495 times
Because he's a total ASS. He ditched Cleveland, which is a GREAT sports town, regardless if they weren't contenders. Dirk has stuck with the Mavs through thick and thin. HE is a team player.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:32 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,944,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
But you cannot argue that he has disappeared in the Finals.
Yes, he has disappeared as a scoring option. Do realize though he still posted a triple double last night. So would I say he "fully" disappeared? No, I wouldn't. He makes some terrific passes and is all over the floor on the defensive end. Though again I would say he disappeared as a scoring option.

Quote:
If I have to pick one player, I pick Wade. Wade absolutely carried the Heat in Game 4 and you are killing him over one play?! Heat wouldn't have even been in that position at the end of the game if it weren't for him!
I am killing him on the one play as that is considered the clutch play of the game (i.e. the topic I was arguing), which he was so non-clutch. Know what else was non-clutch that game, the second free throw which he missed. Jason Terry though was clutch since he hit both of his free throws like Dirk before him. Though, I am not saying Wade is a bad player. All my stance is that Lebron is the better player of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetobeanyer
I don't agree, but I guess the bigger point is name another star player who has disappeared in the Finals like Lebron. Was there ever a moment where anyone questioned MJ's ability in the clutch? Kobe? Magic? Bird? Amazing players in the regular season and amazing players in the post season.
Players disappear all the time. In your below comment about Lebron, you mentioned Celts last year. That same series Paul Pierce went missing shooting 34%.

Quote:
Lebron in the finals so far--24, 20, 17 & 8 pts. Throw in what happened vs. the Celts last year and you really have to start questioning if he can deliver in the clutch. Still plenty of opportunities in this series for him to prove me wrong...
You do realize that he GAVE up in two of those games against the Celts because he knew he couldn't carry the rest of his team on his back. The other games he posted 35, 24, 38, and 27 (triple double); all in games in which the team was blown out by 1 Rondo, who you guessed it, that wasn't guarded by Lebron James. The man Lebron guarded Mr Paul Pierce... well you can see above.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM

51,862 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Because he's a total ASS. He ditched Cleveland, which is a GREAT sports town, regardless if they weren't contenders. Dirk has stuck with the Mavs through thick and thin. HE is a team player.
Keep in mind though that I and others used to call him "irk Nowitzki" and the "allas Mavericks" because they had no "D".

Only now do you see a Dallas team that is good defensively and it has made all the difference.

Kobe got ridiculed when he drove Shaq out and the Lakers flopped....but for a gift trade of Gasol that label may have even stuck.

Jordan was criticized as being to selfish to win anything and *inferior* to Larry Bird as a player until he met with success later in his career.

Just interesting seeing peoples opinions shift over the years.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:13 PM

1,362 posts, read 1,565,719 times
I think there is a lot of pressure on this kid. Everyone is comparing him to Jordan which i don't believe is fair for Jordan. MJ had a lot of high end competition when he was playing and winning championships. He gave the Bulls everything he had and more to win. MJ reignited the popularity of basketball when Magic and Bird were getting old.

LeBron was making his mark in Cleveland and in the NBA by making the Cavaliers into a championship contending team. He somewhat tarnished this by “bringing his talent to South Beach.” He should have stayed in Cleveland as he was doing fine over there. LeBron is a talented athlete but he will NEVER be Michael Jordan even if he wins 8 rings in Miami.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:45 PM

8,531 posts, read 8,871,044 times
Quote:

You do realize that he GAVE up in two of those games against the Celts because he knew he couldn't carry the rest of his team on his back. The other games he posted 35, 24, 38, and 27 (triple double); all in games in which the team was blown out by 1 Rondo, who you guessed it, that wasn't guarded by Lebron James. The man Lebron guarded Mr Paul Pierce... well you can see above.

Not a great defense when you admit he gave up......are you reading your posts? The greats, never give up. Did you hear Kobe after going down 3-0 to the Mavs?
What are you trying to say? Lebron is the best player in the NBA?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,306,720 times
He's never won a ring, yet thinks he is a king.
He does what he wants and is allowed to do so.
He is a great talent that rarely rose to the occasion.
His shoes are usually ugly.
He's overhyped by a new generation of fans that don't really know squat about basketball.
He doesn't show up in the Finals
He quits when he wants to.
He crapped all over Cleveland

To be honest some of it isn't James. Its the pathetic James fanbois that show a lack of respect for the game, have minimal knowledge it seems and are inept FB loving douchebags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball