U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Not a great defense when you admit he gave up......are you reading your posts? The greats, never give up. Did you hear Kobe after going down 3-0 to the Mavs?
What are you trying to say? Lebron is the best player in the NBA?
Yes he gave up but it's 2 games of a 8 year career so far . Notice he also left that team for greener pastures and look he made the Finals in the first year.

Speaking of Lakers/Mavs, lets see... Odom and Bynum both were ejected after head hunting players. Years back, Kobe gave up on his team, not in-game though. He got Shaq to walk and had Phil fired but I guess you forgot that. I think that was prior to him "sexually assaulting" that one girl, but that is a different story.

Currently, yes I do believe Lebron is the best overall player in the NBA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13
He's never won a ring, yet thinks he is a king.
The media proclaimed it, not the fans. He was labeled this while in High School.

Quote:
He does what he wants and is allowed to do so.
Hmm... might have something to do with being the best player in the NBA and all the teams/owners/media recognizes that. Hence, why his special is to date is the most watched sports news program in ESPN history.

Quote:
He's overhyped by a new generation of fans that don't really know squat about basketball.
People can think the opposite. He does the intangibles which "sportscenter fans" don't pay attention to since they are all about points. Just pick any game footage clips and you will see Lebron is all over the vast majority of the plays; both on offense and defense whether its the nice dish, the come from behind block, the great layup/dunk, etc. Just saying.

Quote:
He crapped all over Cleveland
Who hasn't...

Last edited by ncopus99; 06-10-2011 at 11:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 08:05 AM

8,548 posts, read 8,881,299 times
^^Man you are the king of excuse making and enabling. You sound like his agent or something. All the things you gloss over are the reasons why people dont like him. Those are the reasons why he will never be the next Micheal Jordan.
He may be the best player in the NBA, but he's the 3rd or 4th best player in this series.....

Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 AM

13,222 posts, read 17,963,194 times
It's a combination of his general demeanor plus the non-stop hype since he was in high school. Yeah, his high school games were on pay-per-view. Are you kidding me? You start giving somebody that kind of treatment when they're 16 years old and they're bound to become self-involved prima donnas. And I did like the NBA a bit better when all the best players competed against each other. It was more entertaining and more dramatic that way. Now that they're all pals, everybody just wants them to fail.

I do have to call out some Cavaliers fans, though. If he's such a quitter, then why did any of you want him back, and why did any of you care about him making an ass of himself on TV? Why did Dan Gilbert get so bent out of shape? As for "loyalty," once his contract with the Cavaliers expired, he was not obliged to do anything for them. It makes no sense to plead with him to stay and tell him that you "love" him and "need" him one moment, and then burn his jersey and call him every filthy name in the book the next. If anything, it makes you look dishonest.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:03 PM

420 posts, read 675,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
I dont know why people are calling LeBron a super-egoistic player. He has the type of personality where he likes getting attention but that doesn't go hand in hand with being egoistical. In fact LeBron without hesitation when asked who's the best player in the league said Kobe, do you think Kobe would ever say anyone either than himself to be the best basketball player. Also he chose to go to a team and play unselfish with great players (Wade and Bosh) without any type of ego problems messing up their chemistry. Even Paul Pierce is easily more full of himself calling himself one of the best three point shooters of all times and all this stuff but no one hates him. Shaq himself is also more egoistical, thats why Miami didn't want him this off season because he would probably whine about not having plays called for him. I mean he did bash Mo Williams for having more plays called than himself and yet everyone seems to ignore that. LeBron has never bashed any teammates and has never punched his teammates in the face (cough Jordan). Also Jordan was getting eliminated for 7 years because he had no help until Pippen arrived, he didn't do it by himself like a lot of you guys are making it sound. LeBron's Robin was a toss up between Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison yea they sure are Scottie Pippens.

Point is if LeBron would have decided to stay in Cleveland, they would have gotten eliminated by either the Bulls or Celtics this year and so would Miami. It is clear that Miami would not be in the finals right now if it weren't for LeBron (Wade basically vanished for most of the Celtics-Bulls series). They are not a super team like everyone makes them out to be, their just mad that LeBron didn't go to their team.
Wade was also going through a custody battle over his kids during the Heat vs celtics-bulls series... u left that part out.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:10 PM

420 posts, read 675,182 times
Lebron is overrated...he's not even the best player on his team; that title goes to D wade.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,614,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Because he's a total ASS. He ditched Cleveland, which is a GREAT sports town, regardless if they weren't contenders. Dirk has stuck with the Mavs through thick and thin. HE is a team player.
Basically the Cleveland Bars, street vendors, etc were leeching off him just being on the team. Meanwhile he had very little respectable talent around him.

He wanted a championship. He left.. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 AM

3,173 posts, read 3,076,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Wade hurt... excuses. I guess he was hurt all season and during the Boston and Philly series too... huh

Lebron proved it to me a couple years back that he was a big game player when he single handly almost beat my Magic in the playoffs. Here was how one game ended. His shot was so clutch, so money (starts around 1:20)

YouTube - ‪LeBron James 3 point Last second shot Vs Magic Game 2 WINNER!!!!!‬‏
All I would like to say is this:

How could you leave your team and your fans after this?
It is very sad.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 AM

530 posts, read 2,590,419 times
Why do people hate Lebron? Here you go:

“All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Ok, "King", if that makes you feel better!

Don't expect loathing of LeBron to stop - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 AM

14,111 posts, read 22,762,182 times
Because they're all cry babies.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
Lebron is overrated...he's not even the best player on his team; that title goes to D wade.
Again, so overrated that he leads the team in about every stat category.

Seriously, the facts back up that he is the best out there. He averages almost a triple double. The season is over. Get over the hate. You almost think this guy is named Osama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball