U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:56 AM

3,273 posts, read 5,793,155 times

Advertisements

I'm loving this. I actually think Dallas wins this thing in 6 and doesn't need a 7th game.

How great will it be for us Cavaliers fans if Lebron misses his ring and the Cavaliers secure the top two selections in the draft en route to Irving and Williams? Further, I think Los Angeles and Chicago both re-tool and contend next season - Ideally, between Chicago and Boston, I'd like to see Lebron not even get to go to the Finals next season.

My favorite tweet about Lebron (from Jim Rome):
"Lebron tweeted last night, "Now or Never." Never, I guess. Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. Zero."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 AM

5,706 posts, read 8,136,206 times
Where is LeBron taking his talents next year?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 AM

52,055 posts, read 41,872,746 times
I don't like Lebron, but there is a whole pile of dumb floating around this thread.

1) They are playing him essentially the whole game without rest because their bench sucks (look how deep Dallas is)....which explains why he is worn out by the 4th quarter.

2) As an impartial observer Lebron is playing in the finals in his first year with Miami which is ahead of most expecations by people that actually follow basketball and not the bandwagoners, haters and kids not old enough to drive. As a Bulls fan, Miami is already scary and can easily pick up a couple role players to fill out their bench better.
No way in heck would I take an even money bet that they go the next 5 years or so without winning once.

3) Cleveland has 2 high draft picks in a fairly mediocre draft after having the biggest one season decline in NBA history. Say what you want about Lebron whom I think is an arrogant D-bag....but if you have to declare a *winner* out of the situation it wasn't Cleveland.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Where is LeBron taking his talents next year?
Even taken as satire, that's a stupid comment.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:34 AM

3,273 posts, read 5,793,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't like Lebron, but there is a whole pile of dumb floating around this thread.

1) They are playing him essentially the whole game without rest because their bench sucks (look how deep Dallas is)....which explains why he is worn out by the 4th quarter.

2) As an impartial observer Lebron is playing in the finals in his first year with Miami which is ahead of most expecations by people that actually follow basketball and not the bandwagoners, haters and kids not old enough to drive. As a Bulls fan, Miami is already scary and can easily pick up a couple role players to fill out their bench better.
No way in heck would I take an even money bet that they go the next 5 years or so without winning once.

3) Cleveland has 2 high draft picks in a fairly mediocre draft after having the biggest one season decline in NBA history. Say what you want about Lebron whom I think is an arrogant D-bag....but if you have to declare a *winner* out of the situation it wasn't Cleveland.
Time to remove the stick...

I don't think there's any doubt Clevelanders lost. They received two late 1st round picks and a trade exception because they were convinced Lebron was coming back. Believe me, Clevelanders know they lost.

Why else would Clevelanders take up becoming fans of the Mavericks (now dubbed the Mavaliers in Cleveland)?

And you're right, it's a weak draft class, but Irving could have been the #1 pick regardless if Sullinger and Barnes declare or not. Likewise, Derrick Williams is a top-5 pick regardless of the year in which we're talking about (save for, ironically, the year LBJ, Carmelo, Bosh, and Wade filled out 4 of the top 5 picks 8 years ago).

But people have a right to hate Lebron James and the Miami Heat and if hating them makes watching basketball more fun, hey, that's just great for the game we all love.

And don't tell me he's tired. He's a 26-year old guy who is USED to playing these types of minutes. Remember in Cleveland when they couldn't even get him off the floor for a breather because the entire offense ran through him? He didn't disappear in the 4th quarter except in the Celtics series when he chose to disappear. Let's not act like he's in his twilight years. He's a 6-8 freak of nature physically, but mentally, he often lacks the wherewithall, that's all.

And I'm not going to cry about the Miami Heat lack of depth. That's what happens when you sign 3 players essentially to max contracts. They're lucky guys like Haslem and Miller took less money to play there or they wouldn't even have them. Boo hoo. That's what you signed up for.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM

1,632 posts, read 404,019 times
Whatever it is, I hope it stays and eats him alive while Dirk, Kidd, the Jet, and the Mavs are crowned 2011 champions in Game 6 in Miami's American Airlines Arena.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Time to remove the stick...

I don't think there's any doubt Clevelanders lost. They received two late 1st round picks and a trade exception because they were convinced Lebron was coming back. Believe me, Clevelanders know they lost.

Why else would Clevelanders take up becoming fans of the Mavericks (now dubbed the Mavaliers in Cleveland)?

And you're right, it's a weak draft class, but Irving could have been the #1 pick regardless if Sullinger and Barnes declare or not. Likewise, Derrick Williams is a top-5 pick regardless of the year in which we're talking about (save for, ironically, the year LBJ, Carmelo, Bosh, and Wade filled out 4 of the top 5 picks 8 years ago).

But people have a right to hate Lebron James and the Miami Heat and if hating them makes watching basketball more fun, hey, that's just great for the game we all love.

And don't tell me he's tired. He's a 26-year old guy who is USED to playing these types of minutes. Remember in Cleveland when they couldn't even get him off the floor for a breather because the entire offense ran through him? He didn't disappear in the 4th quarter except in the Celtics series when he chose to disappear. Let's not act like he's in his twilight years. He's a 6-8 freak of nature physically, but mentally, he often lacks the wherewithall, that's all.

And I'm not going to cry about the Miami Heat lack of depth. That's what happens when you sign 3 players essentially to max contracts. They're lucky guys like Haslem and Miller took less money to play there or they wouldn't even have them. Boo hoo. That's what you signed up for.
I agree with a lot of your comments. I'm rooting for the Mavs this series fyi.

I think the funny thing here is that Lebron had a triple-double and shot a very good percentage. The Mavs just shot thier brains out from the arc that game.

The irony being that if Dallas missed a couple of those 3's and Miami won do we even still have a thread about what is *wrong* with a guy that dropped a trip-doub.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:50 PM

530 posts, read 2,593,033 times
Quote:
I agree with a lot of your comments. I'm rooting for the Mavs this series fyi.

I think the funny thing here is that Lebron had a triple-double and shot a very good percentage. The Mavs just shot thier brains out from the arc that game.

The irony being that if Dallas missed a couple of those 3's and Miami won do we even still have a thread about what is *wrong* with a guy that dropped a trip-doub.
Yes, he had a triple double. Win or lose, we'd be talking about what is wrong with him though. The dude ain't right.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:51 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,369,371 times
Quote:
I think so, assuming he had the same 4th qtr performance, there is a freakish amount of Lebron hate out there right now. The only comparison I can think of in the world of sports is Jay Cutler, but that is just on the city level for Chicago, LBJ polarization is national.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I think so, assuming he had the same 4th qtr performance, there is a freakish amount of Lebron hate out there right now. The only comparison I can think of in the world of sports is Jay Cutler, but that is just on the city level for Chicago, LBJ polarization is national.
Yeah, hey....I don't like the guy but it's irritating when you have so many crazy posters that you can't even analyze the game without their hatred spilling into the equation.

It's like in one breath he is over-rated and in the next he should be scoring 15pts in the 4th quarter and HA HA because he didn't he is a big failure. If he scores 40 in game 6 the same posters will be calling him a ball-hog.

The bottom line is that the Heat played very well in game 5 and (fortunately) the Mavs had a super hot night from the arc to pull off the win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball