U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 PM

26,346 posts, read 83,060,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They shot 13-19 or about 69% from 3-pt range that game. They only had one game even close to that vs. the Lakers and that was game 1 (20/32).

For the rest of the series they shot 12/22, 8/25 and 9/20.

Series total vs. Lakers 49/99 or about 49%....which had they shot that vs. the Heat in game 5 they would wind up with 9-12 fewer points and would have likely lost that game.

So basically, you aren't shocked that they shot 13/19 3-pointers because they did it before.....

Dear god, the anti-lebron bandwagon is just overflowing with beckys....

P.S. Additionally the Heat are a better defensive team.
How many teams shoot nearly 50% 3s against teams of the Lakers and Heat caliber?

What's a typical NBA team's game 3 pt%? I'd think it was a lot lower than 12/22, 8/25 and 9/20. So, even if dallas had one game super hot game yesterday, their laker series numbers may still be a lot higher than typical NBA.

So, yes I wouldn't be shocked because they've done "it" before and "it" is shooting 3s in the playoffs at a higher percentage than most teams.

Bottom line: Dallas is a lot more likely to shoot close to 50% 3s again than they are to shoot nba average 3s.

What's this got to do with anti lebron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 10:09 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,135,190 times
LeBron brought this sort of ridiculous scrutiny with The Decision, his over-hyped career move, along with calling himself a brand, and that stupid Nike commercial.

He also predicted several titles for Miami & people who watch basketball are enjoying watching him squirm.

This isn't so much about numbers or statistics, this is about Lebron & his super-sized ego failing once again in crunch time. He'd better bring more than his fall-away jumper to the next game and start attacking the rim or he's going back to South Beach for a long off season.

One more thing, Dirk is playing about 4 minutes a game less than LeBron, and Dirk's going to be turning 33 in a week or so. 7 years older than the Chosen One and he's making him look like a guy that's a few years away from medicare.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,448,919 times
Lebron has ALWAYS been this way. People are FINALLY starting to notice it. He joined the Heat so Wade could be the money player. Everyone needs to stop comparing him to MJ, its done.

Lebron James = Magic Johnson + Scottie Pippen

Great passer, really good with his hands for his size, and a very good defender

He is scared of clutch shots and doesn't like pressure.

I'm not saying he sucks, I just said hes a combo of two of top 50 and Magic is top 15 IMO but he will never been in the top 10 like everyone wants him to be. He is the best supplemental player in NBA history.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 PM

1,237 posts, read 4,562,597 times
Watching Lebron in the 4th quarter, I have more respect for Kobe now. At least he takes crazy shots, gets angry, yells, throws a flagrant. Even if you are loosing, do it the NBA way, this is professional sports, not your math finals.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:39 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,557,406 times
I think the caveman is starting to realize that two superstars and Bosh can't beat a deep championship-caliber team over a 7-game series.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:35 AM

26,346 posts, read 83,060,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think the caveman is starting to realize that two superstars and Bosh can't beat a deep championship-caliber team over a 7-game series.

It's not over yet.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:26 AM

52,031 posts, read 41,862,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
What's wrong with him? Same thing that is wrong with the Heat as a whole.....Too many expectations for team just put together in one off season. Everybody and their brother gave it to them and so far, they as he, have not met those expectations. Next MJ? Hardly......
Serious basketball fans did NOT expect the Heat to make the finals in thier first season together. A bunch of loud-mouth analysts and talking heads trying to drive ratings did....along with a bunch of bandwagon NBA fans generally unable to legally buy their own beer.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,883,792 times
It's actually amazing that the Heat got this far with so many roster flaws, but I've said a few times this year: when you've got arguably the two best players in the league you're going to have a fighting chance. I imagine a number of players are seeing a possible multi-season juggernaut developing in Miami, and will want in on the action. So I would expect this year's Heat to be probably the 'worst' iteration.

As for Lebron, historically he's always exceeded the hype, but right now I have to wonder if the pressure to live up to the billing that people are now giving him( as far as his place in history) is catching up with him. Sorry to 'go there' again, but part of what made Jordan great was you never really saw him mentally overwhelmed. Yeah he had bad games, but he pretty much had nerves of steel, he was still able to impact the game even when he was 'off'. When Lebron has a 'bad' game, he seems to have minimal impact. His triple-double the other day didn't really 'feel' like a triple double, as far as him having a truly great impact on the outcome of the game. Very odd....

Old 06-11-2011, 10:58 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,896,420 times
I really think if he gets a post up game, it will get him so many easy points and leave his teammates really wide open. I've noticed that when he senses a double team while backing down Terry/Marion, he tends to pass it out quickly. He basically is already showing his hand even when i noticed the Mavs were doing a passive doubleteam just to make him get rid of the ball. At times, i think he can make his move quickly(go early) before the double team or try to draw a foul by going to the paint/basket anyway but he just gives the ball up. I wouldn't be surprised if Hakeem calls him up this summer just like he called Howard.

I still think the Mavs have to win game 6. I don't see them winning game 7 against the Heat.

Last edited by JL; 06-11-2011 at 11:10 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 10:24 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,361,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I really think if he gets a post up game, it will get him so many easy points and leave his teammates really wide open. I've noticed that when he senses a double team while backing down Terry/Marion, he tends to pass it out quickly. He basically is already showing his hand even when i noticed the Mavs were doing a passive doubleteam just to make him get rid of the ball. At times, i think he can make his move quickly(go early) before the double team or try to draw a foul by going to the paint/basket anyway but he just gives the ball up. I wouldn't be surprised if Hakeem calls him up this summer just like he called Howard.

I still think the Mavs have to win game 6. I don't see them winning game 7 against the Heat.

And I think the Heat have to win a blowout tonight because they will not win a close game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball