U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:02 PM

14,582 posts, read 22,426,770 times

Advertisements

I'm watching LJs postgame and I see nothing wrong with it.

I thought he answered things professionally, and showed some swagger when asked a gut wrenching question, "What do you think of those who want to see you fail?"

Go ask your mom/spouse/daughter how they would respond to that if a reporter asked them that question of you. Then the next question about "choking". This is the gutter. Reporters can do all that... but look how negative it is. Lebron is famous and rich. He did do some talkin' before the season started. He probably regrets that now... but look how close he got.

I think he'll be ok. Mathguy brings up some good points as to what they need.

Costello... ouch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,054,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Ever since he came to the NBA, I've sort of assumed that LeBron was as atheltic and physically gifted as any player in the league (and maybe in history), but it dawned on me last night that James does not have particularly good HANG TIME.

I think this is a big reason his mid-range/pull-up jumper game is suspect, especially in 4th quarters. He cannot hang and get a good shot against tough defense the way Kobe, Derrick Rose, and many other players can. Afterall, he does weigh 250+, he can't defy gravity like lighter guys.

Anyone else notice this?
I don't think the problem is hang time. The problem is BALANCE. If you look at how LeBron shots jumps when he's hot he has great balance. When I look at how he shot jumpers especially the last three games of the finals the first thing I see is he's off balance on a lot of his shots. The fact that he sometimes gets away with this actually makes him get into bad habits.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:15 PM

3,844 posts, read 8,032,797 times
New decision:

YouTube - ‪Lebron James: The New Decision‬‏

Old 06-17-2011, 12:24 PM

3,844 posts, read 8,032,797 times
One more good Lebron joke:

If Lebron wanted a ring so bad, he should have stayed in Cleveland and bought one from Terrelle Pryor.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:54 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,270,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I'm watching LJs postgame and I see nothing wrong with it.

I thought he answered things professionally, and showed some swagger when asked a gut wrenching question, "What do you think of those who want to see you fail?"

Go ask your mom/spouse/daughter how they would respond to that if a reporter asked them that question of you. Then the next question about "choking". This is the gutter. Reporters can do all that... but look how negative it is. Lebron is famous and rich. He did do some talkin' before the season started. He probably regrets that now... but look how close he got.

I think he'll be ok. Mathguy brings up some good points as to what they need.

Costello... ouch!
Whatever boastful comments LBJ made in the recent past is nothing egregious. He simply got a little full of himself, that's all. It's one of those life learning experiences. One learns as one matures and you move on. I can just imagine him several years down the road, laughing at this moment, taking himself less seriously.

In addition, the Miami Heat may not have won the championship this year. But, the predictions sure came close. I don't think LBJ or The Heat should be ashamed. Seems like all they need to do is polish up their game, and study and improve on their shortcomings. If LBJ is not a 4th quarter player, then face the facts and use his talents when they're at their peak.

Yours truly. . .non Miami Heat fan.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,946,774 times

YouTube - ‪Scottie Pippen talks on Lebron‬‏

Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 PM

8,548 posts, read 8,881,299 times
^Dont you think Scottie's flawed opinion has been ridiculed and beaten down enough already!!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,270,480 times
LBJ is a great athlete. However, as we all witnessed - and as he himself admitted - presently, he does not play well under pressure.

Where I was not before, his admission has made a fan out of me. It takes a man of true character and testicular fortitude to come to terms with his short comings, especially in this era of self proclaimed worth and narcissism. He made no excuses and openly admitted that he does not play well under pressure. A select few are born with the ability to play under pressure. But for most, it's an acquired skill which comes with time and experience.

LBJ is demonstrating a willingness to take his lumps, learn from this experience and his mistakes, in order to take his game to a higher level. I for one, admire that. I've previously seen this display of character - just a handful of times - in my workplace. It's a sign of someone willing to be honest enough with himself, in the pursuit of being a better asset to the overall team effort.

My hat's off to Le Bron James!

Old 06-18-2011, 09:12 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,955,483 times
Nothing is wrog with him Getting to the platofff first year together protents well for the future, Dallas played like a seasoned team especailly their defense in playoffs. Their offense has always been great.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:45 PM

920 posts, read 1,531,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Ever since he came to the NBA, I've sort of assumed that LeBron was as atheltic and physically gifted as any player in the league (and maybe in history), but it dawned on me last night that James does not have particularly good HANG TIME.

I think this is a big reason his mid-range/pull-up jumper game is suspect, especially in 4th quarters. He cannot hang and get a good shot against tough defense the way Kobe, Derrick Rose, and many other players can. Afterall, he does weigh 250+, he can't defy gravity like lighter guys.

Anyone else notice this?
Yes absolutely. LJ doesn't have a good first step, and he can't get past the help defense in order to get to the rack. For all the talk of his athleticism he isn't explosive in 1/2 court set, and capable of talking his defender off the dribble. That's the explosiveness that you're alluding to and he doesn't have that attribute. The most underrated skill in bball is the first step off either wing. It can get you past your defender, into the lane, or get you ready to explode upward in order to get the pull up jumper. Both Kobe/Jordan at their peak had that one characteristic and it made them great, they were in front of you and past you in a fraction of a second. LJ doesn't have that. What he's good at is cherrypicking, where he runs out of the back court in order to get a breakaway jam, or 3-1, 3-2, fast breaks where he has the advantage. But his game is incomplete, as I mentioned above and he has no post/back to the basket game either.

At that's why he struggled in the fourth quarter. Good teams are not going to let you run up and down the court unimpeded. The Mavs ran precise plays, shot high percentage shots and made them, contested any offensive rebound and shut down LJ's game because he had no way to play his way. The upshot being that once he had to play set offense, he had no weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball